TX - IRS manager killed, 13 hurt in suicide plane crash, Austin, 18 Feb 2010

my office is very close to this...we've been hearing all sorts of sirens...its very scary, and i hope it was just an accident.

Plane crashes into Northwest Austin office building
PLANE CRASHES INTO SEVEN-STORY OFFICE BUILDING
'Huge fireball;' two reported injured
(Austin American-Statesman)
Stuart Newberg was at a nearby Lexus dealership shortly before 10 a.m. when he said he saw a plane flying low and fast overhead.

“It was flying low and fast and I did a double take. I thought it was a play remote control plane. Then i saw the smoke,” Newberg said.

When asked if the plane seemed to be out of control, he said it seemed “very controlled.”

http://www.statesman.com/blogs/cont...police_say_a_plane.html?cxntcid=breaking_news

uh oh.

controlled plane going extremely fast..........terrorist or just some suicidal idiot? or does the witness just not know what he's talking about?

Only 2 people in the building injured and one unaccounted for. WOW!
Live on Fox News

IRS offices located in the building per Fox News.
No confirmation where the plane was from. Single engine small aircraft.
May not have been an accident may have been intentional.
Pilot set his own house on fire then got into plane and flew plane into building. Source NTSB vis Fox News.

WOW!!! This is horrible, big prayers....

I'm in Houston, DD goes to UT Austin....

IRS offices located in the building per Fox News.
No confirmation where the plane was from. Single engine small aircraft.
May not have been an accident may have been intentional.
Pilot set his own house on fire then got into plane and flew plane into building. Source NTSB vis Fox News.

FBI spokesman Bill Carter said the building hit by a plane at the Echelon office complex did not contain an FBI office. While the FBI has an office at the complex, the plane did not crash into that particular building, Carter said.
(along w/other updated info)

http://www.statesman.com/blogs/cont...ies/2010/02/18/austin_police_say_a_plane.html

Plane did not depart from Austin/Bergstrom Airport...the nearest airport. Source Fox News.

Our first clue was the IRS office in Waco was evacuating...we are a fed agency housed in a multi-use building in Waco, and the IRS is one of the fed agencies on the same floor as us. They came to let us know they were evacuating until mid-afternoon. Other fed agencies are not evactuating at this time.

Also,

They mentioned Waco Airport about a half hour ago...I didn't catch it, is that where the plane took off from, did anyone catch that?

Our first clue was the IRS office in Waco was evacuating...we are a fed agency housed in a multi-use building in Waco, and the IRS is one of the fed agencies on the same floor as us. They came to let us know they were evacuating until mid-afternoon. Other fed agencies are not evactuating at this time.

Also,

They mentioned Waco Airport about a half hour ago...I didn't catch it, is that where the plane took off from, did anyone catch that?

Yeah, I think this dude has a bone to pick with the IRS. Wfgodt stated that the plane was out of Waco.

Glad your okay Dawg! Must of been a little scary.

According to an FBI agent who asked not to be identified because he isn’t authorized to release information, the incident is being investigated as an accident, although eyewitnesses said the plane seemed to come in at full throttle. He said the plane was out of Waco and that Federal Aviation Administration officials are en route to the scene.

(Statesman.com)

uh oh.

controlled plane going extremely fast..........terrorist or just some suicidal idiot? or does the witness just not know what he's talking about?

the statesman story says the building houses mostly IRS offices....sounds like someone was ticked off.....glad i got my check already.....hope everyone is okay

Georgetown airport is where I am hearing from KXAN (live link from cnn.com). They are saying there was a house fire nearby also and apparently a man set his house on fire with his wife and 12 year old daughter inside who were rescued by a neighbor after having a domestic dispute. He then went to the Georgetown airport and took off in his plane and deliberately crashed into the building.

ETA now they are saying the plane was stolen.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PoignantEcho
Back