Ronald Cummings, drug trafficking charges

MADJGNLAW

Reaction score
Published: Thursday, February 18, 2010
"Snip"
Ronald Cummings, has issued a plea of not guilty plea for drug trafficking charges, a court official said Wednesday.

Ronald Cummings, 26, faces five counts of trafficking in prescription pills after investigators reported that he and four others were dealing in oxycodone and hydrocodone pills following a month-long undercover narcotics investigation.

Meanwhile, Croslin and Sykes are scheduled to appear before Judge Terry LaRue this morning for arraignment hearings in Palatka.

Cummings will not be present since he has already issued his plea through his attorney, Terry Shoemaker of St. Augus-tine.

Article:http://www.palatkadailynews.com/arti...ews/news03.txt

This comes of no surprise to me. Ron would never accept responsibility for anything he has ever done. IF he gets off these charges the way he has with the charges from his past, i will be so POed.

The interesting thing is that being a well-documented undercover operation with video then Ron's Not Guilty plea isn't going to help him, other than being able maybe to seek a plea deal.

From what I have heard there is little chance to claim entrapment or for Ron to suggest he was not involved in the drug buys/sales. He is done unless he can proffer something of value to LE.

Imagine that..In Ron C's mind he is not guilty of anything ever..JMO

:waitasec:I just don't understand how Ron would even attempt to plea not guilty when he and his lawyer know that this whole sting operation was videoed and recorded. Ron was there and did the crime. What makes him think he will get off on these charges? It makes me wonder how he got off on his previous charges and if he does get off on these, well then I am going to really wonder if there are some corrupt LE there in Putnam County.:furious:

This comes of no surprise to me. Ron would never accept responsibility for anything he has ever done. IF he gets off these charges the way he has with the charges from his past, i will be so POed.

ITA. I wonder if there will ever be an investigation of the LE that allowed him to get away with his crimes. He is as dirty as dirty can get and I really hope that he gets a long time in prison and I hope that GP will not be kind to him in any way shape or form.
My greatest hope is for Haliegh's case to be solved and RC put in prison for life.
MOO.

It's a maneuvering tool: If he pleads not guilty, it at least gives him time to negotiate a plea deal, maybe thinking he has something to offer to lower the time he'll serve.

The interesting thing is that being a well-documented undercover operation with video then Ron's Not Guilty plea isn't going to help him, other than being able maybe to seek a plea deal.

From what I have heard there is little chance to claim entrapment or for Ron to suggest he was not involved in the drug buys/sales. He is done unless he can proffer something of value to LE.

What may be interesting about this is that if it actually goes to trial, historic information relating to Ron may have a possibility of being brought out, i.e. were drugs found in the home the evening Haleigh went missing.

JMO, Shoemaker is banking on someone breaking down and telling what happened the night Haleigh went missing and praying like heck for a recovery of Haleigh before this goes to trial. Huge sympathy card for Ron, provided he is not directly implicated in what happened to Haleigh. And o focourse he is likely telling Ron to rat on every known drug dealer he can.

What may be interesting about this is that if it actually goes to trial, historic information relating to Ron may have a possibility of being brought out, i.e. were drugs found in the home the evening Haleigh went missing.

JMO, Shoemaker is banking on someone breaking down and telling what happened the night Haleigh went missing and praying like heck for a recovery of Haleigh before this goes to trial. Huge sympathy card for Ron, provided he is not directly implicated in what happened to Haleigh. And o focourse he is likely telling Ron to rat on every known drug dealer he can.

Your thoughts remind me of the wall being torn out in the trailer. I think it was said that the wall near the water heater was removed....I thought LE might have been looking for Haleigh but I am starting to wonder if someone was looking for something else.

So typically RC that he issued the plea through his attorney and didn't make a personal appearance in court. On the other hand, Misty was in court today. Kinda reminds me of the 911 call that Misty made, while Ron carried on in the background, and had to be summoned by the 911 operator to get on the phone. I guess the old saying is true that a tiger doesn't change its stripes. Even a cowardly one.

:waitasec:I just don't understand how Ron would even attempt to plea not guilty when he and his lawyer know that this whole sting operation was videoed and recorded. Ron was there and did the crime. What makes him think he will get off on these charges? It makes me wonder how he got off on his previous charges and if he does get off on these, well then I am going to really wonder if there are some corrupt LE there in Putnam County.:furious:

ITA MAD! Not only do i wonder about the corruption with LE in PC but i think we should all take a closer look at the judges as well. A judge had granted RC custody of HaLeigh and JR. A few judges also let him off on past drug charges, with little or no punishment. It just blows my mind. JMO

The one case that bothers me concerning ron was when they found him with Heroin, cocaine, meth, ecstasy, Date rape drugs, marijauna, drug paraphenalia, three illegal prescription meds...ALL at one time.

.......YET he didn't serve a day!!!

From what limited experience I have (and, no it was not a good experience), all defendants are expected to plead not guilty at their first appearance. One lawyer explained it to me as, if you plead guilty the Judge has to sentence then and there, and he doesn't want to deal with that. I feel sure most of this crew, if not all, will end up taking plea deals which includes an admission of guilt. There's no way they are getting out of this.

The one case that bothers me concerning ron was when they found him with Heroin, cocaine, meth, ecstasy, Date rape drugs, marijauna, drug paraphenalia, three illegal prescription meds...ALL at one time.

.......YET he didn't serve a day!!!

Maybe not, but I'll be willing to bet someone else did.

My opinion only

Published: Thursday, February 18, 2010
"Snip"
Ronald Cummings, has issued a plea of not guilty plea for drug trafficking charges, a court official said Wednesday.

Ronald Cummings, 26, faces five counts of trafficking in prescription pills after investigators reported that he and four others were dealing in oxycodone and hydrocodone pills following a month-long undercover narcotics investigation.

Meanwhile, Croslin and Sykes are scheduled to appear before Judge Terry LaRue this morning for arraignment hearings in Palatka.

Cummings will not be present since he has already issued his plea through his attorney, Terry Shoemaker of St. Augus-tine.

Article:http://www.palatkadailynews.com/arti...ews/news03.txt

The print edition has a sub-headline that says:

Ronald says he's innocent,
Misty Croslin due in court today.

I thought that was quite a s t r e t c h by the editor, lol.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ignoreme123
Back