1051 users online (214 members and 837 guests)  

Websleuths News

Page 90 of 90 FirstFirst ... 40 80 88 89 90
Results 1,336 to 1,346 of 1346
    Quote Originally Posted by 4Jacy View Post
    So many things have troubled me in this case. However, the makeshift chair never did. Maybe they don't use "blinds" in FL to hunt deer, or perhaps a hunter was using it to hunt possum or whatever. I just don't think a perp would take the time to build a chair, and sit there waiting for an opportunity to kidnap. JMO
    Is there a photo of the chair? because just the idea of that thing, really, really bothered me. At 1st I thought maybe a pedophile was stalking Haleigh/Misty, and then I thought it sounded like something a psychotic teen would do. But, I have to admit that after reading about Tommy walking and lurking through the neighborhood at night, I thought about that chair again. IMO, those 2 things seem to go together. IDK, maybe it really was nothing, like LE claimed, but the thing freaked me out. MOO,

Arrow Searchers find makeshift CHAIR

Quote Originally Posted by dodie20 View Post
    Is there a photo of the chair? because just the idea of that thing, really, really bothered me. At 1st I thought maybe a pedophile was stalking Haleigh/Misty, and then I thought it sounded like something a psychotic teen would do. But, I have to admit that after reading about Tommy walking and lurking through the neighborhood at night, I thought about that chair again. IMO, those 2 things seem to go together. IDK, maybe it really was nothing, like LE claimed, but the thing freaked me out. MOO,
    Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community - View Single Post - Forensic Astrology - Haliegh Cummings #2
    Last edited by KateB; 04-29-2015 at 10:24 PM. Reason: repair url tag.
    just trying to make sense out of all of this

About the chair in the woods.
    Even most cracked out druggies know you don't hunt in an area as small as that strip of 'woods' behind Ron's home.
    IMO it was brought there and used to watch.

Were 'they' watching for drugs, Misty or a chance to grab HaLeigh?
    We don't know, but that wasn't a hunting spot, I'm pretty sure.
    JMO, IMOO, JMHO

"Caylee's either coming home, or she's already gone home." (Richard Grund)

Quote Originally Posted by mkay882 View Post
    Even most cracked out druggies know you don't hunt in an area as small as that strip of 'woods' behind Ron's home.

Do we know exactly what strip of woods it was, and how much area it covered? Because if it's real close to a neighborhood, I don't think anybody would be hunting, because of stray bullets and the sound of gunfire. Was the land licensed for hunting?

Yes, Dodie, there is a picture of the chair. It was very crude, made of branchs and wood. Maybe you could find the pic in the archives.

nothing to add here that has not been noted - just thanking everyone for sharing ideas and research findings. Even though that is what we are here for, and even though I can thank folks with a simple click, I am just feeling especially grateful that there continues to be so much interest in solving Hailey's case. If this were my family... well, yeah, a whole lot of us would not be acting like most of this "family"
    "A word after a word after a word is power."
    ~Margaret Atwood~

Quote Originally Posted by mkay882 View Post

Imo a stump. A folding tripod chair, a cinder block perhaps. Anything but actually toting around a hand strung chair to sit in to "watch" the cummings house.. That type of handmade chair is found in gardens & yards for decoration here in MI. My son & his friends regularly build chairs, to go in their hand made sweat lodges. He's 11. My dad. Mr.mountain man has 1 like this he strung together for my mother's bird garden.

I'm amazed we have'nt heard more about this court issue and who it might involve. I figure if it were crystal or amber they would've been found and contacted by some news agency...right?

Question The Makeshift Chair - What is that thingy???

Toby, what is that dark colored thingy on the right side just above the branch that goes across (like maybe to sit on)? I think it is a box cutter in a pouch. Some thought it looked like a walkie'talkie. Do you know what it is?

So how did your 11 yr. old learn how to make one of these? Is he a boyscout? Is this something the military would teach a guy how to make? I have never seen one of these and I do find it quite fascinating, especially for someone who would hike and fish - or sit across the way to keep an eye on the going ons @ 202 Green!
    just trying to make sense out of all of this

Quote Originally Posted by B4igo2it View Post
    Toby, what is that dark colored thingy on the right side just above the branch that goes across (like maybe to sit on)? I think it is a box cutter in a pouch. Some thought it looked like a walkie'talkie. Do you know what it is?

So how did your 11 yr. old learn how to make one of these? Is he a boyscout? Is this something the military would teach a guy how to make? I have never seen one of these and I do find it quite fascinating, especially for someone who would hike and fish - or sit across the way to keep an eye on the going ons @ 202 Green!
    It's funny looking at the picture again. That thing? Idk could be a box cutter or stanley knife type razor holder. It's a blur after a few minutes of lookin at the leaves.
    My son's boyscout friends use that type of seat/legs.I was amuzed that they made it quickly & it worked. My dad and the boys both used more lashings on the joints. I don't know what type of tree or bush but we have long strappy viney things that can take over a tree. My dad used those to make a larger rounder arch for the back. Can't really lean back but can sit. Same for the boys steam lodge. It ended up quite large all out of saplings & viney stuff.
    Imo someone had a few extra minutes. It's not a great job.imo. especially if considered as a regular sitting chair. Jmo.

Do we know exactly what strip of woods it was, and how much area it covered? Because if it's real close to a neighborhood, I don't think anybody would be hunting, because of stray bullets and the sound of gunfire. Was the land licensed for hunting?
    It was a few hunderd yards behind Ron's house. You could click on images and see the chair and distabce from the house.
    In some of the pictures here you can tell it was a narrow strip.

Link is dead now, but I may have it somewhere else. I'll look around.
    http://www.wftv.com/news/news/tip-le...haleigh/nJr8G/
    JMO, IMOO, JMHO

Quote Originally Posted by 4Jacy View Post
    Yes, Dodie, there is a picture of the chair. It was very crude, made of branchs and wood. Maybe you could find the pic in the archives.

JMO, IMOO, JMHO

Page 90 of 90 FirstFirst ... 40 80 88 89 90