Two new charges added to Misty 2/18/10 - Hank speaks to media

Snipped from above link: The senior Croslin said several arrests of his family are all stemming from the Haleigh case.

Croslin was the only member of the family in the courtroom when his daughter was arraigned.

As they took her out after the hearing, he asked if he could give her a hug but wasn't allowed.

He said his daughter looked sad and scared. She told him she loved him as she left the courtroom, he said. Her next court appearance is March 31.

Hank Sr.'s head must be spinning. He had his own court appearance, he attended Misty's court appearance, his wife is arrested and he posted her bail (not confirmed, but most likely), all in a few hours time. What else does the day hold in store for him?

Hank Sr.'s head must be spinning. He had his own court appearance, he attended Misty's court appearance, his wife is arrested and he posted her bail (not confirmed, but most likely), all in a few hours time. What else does the day hold in store for him?

Only thing left is for him to look into a camera and say "I'm going to Disneyland!" cuz he's had a bad day.

I was going to post on the 'how this case can be broken thread' this new idea but it fits here too. I was thinking, based on MC's tapes that perhaps with nobody answering the phone and nobody visiting, she'd crack into a thousand pieces. Looks the entire Croslin clan will be in jail by May.

How do you plead not guilty when you know there are tapes?? CMA didn't know she was on tape when she plead NG. I just don't get it.

I'm almost wondering if they are stalling for a plea deal? Does that make sense?

Possibly. Most of the time they always drag out something serious buying time, hoping that LE would somehow "forget" details after so much time has lapsed. However I'm not sure that applies due to the recordings they have in these cases. Time will tell I suppose. But they are surely buying time for some reason, getting all their t's crossed and i's dotted....

I'm almost wondering if they are stalling for a plea deal? Does that make sense?

Yes, I believe that Hornsby talked of a Not Guilty plea basically being a "slow plea" as you head towards trial and can plea out at any time up until the Jury has a verdict.

So a Not Guilty plea is basically the opening of prolonged negotiations to seek to get a lighter sentence, or get off if you can.

Thats why they moved so close to the Putnam County Police...

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ohbeehaave
Back