1068 users online (223 members and 845 guests)  

Websleuths News

Woman embezzled to fund Mary Kay makeup habit

PENSACOLA, Fla. -- Prosecutors say a Panhandle woman allegedly embezzled nearly $860,000 from homeowner associations she oversaw in part to fund an expensive Mary Kay Cosmetics habit.

Tina Mitchell allegedly spent a large amount of money on Mary Kay products. Prosecutors say she also bought and sold enough of the makeup to earn one of the company's signature pink Cadillacs.

more here

http://www.miamiherald.com/news/flor...y/1487507.html

I thought I was a makeup junkie!
    What we are doing is just a drop in the ocean.
    But if that drop was not in the ocean,
    I think the ocean would be less because of that missing drop.
    ~~ Mother Theresa ~~

Where is Rachel Cooke? Missing since 10-Jan-2002
    Rachel's thread - WS
    RachelCookeSearch.org

You just never know, I thought the Mary Kay ladies were so safe (just kidding). I happen to like Mary Kay, plus my cousin sells it, but $860,000 ? I guess she's not getting the pink Cadillac now, huh ?

She needs to go to "Makeup rehab".

Darn right she got that Big Daddy in pink.

Quote Originally Posted by Texas Mist View Post
    PENSACOLA, Fla. -- Prosecutors say a Panhandle woman allegedly embezzled nearly $860,000 from homeowner associations she oversaw in part to fund an expensive Mary Kay Cosmetics habit.

Tina Mitchell allegedly spent a large amount of money on Mary Kay products. Prosecutors say she also bought and sold enough of the makeup to earn one of the company's signature pink Cadillacs.

more here

I thought I was a makeup junkie!
    Seriously. I am printing this article and putting it up by my desk for my hubby. I admit to being very addicted to makeup and skincare, but, .... words just fail me on this.

All kinds of hugs!

ROSIE

I am so disappointed that article doesn't have her mug shot.

I wanted to see what $50,000 worth of Tahitian Honeymoon lip gloss looked like when applied with a paint gun.

Quote Originally Posted by WhyaDuck? View Post
    I am so disappointed that article doesn't have her mug shot.

I wanted to see what $50,000 worth of Tahitian Honeymoon lip gloss looked like when applied with a paint gun.

I was thinking the same thing. That is a whole lotta MK. But, one of the comments or an article said she did a lot of online shopping and paypal, and lived in a modest home with little to show for it. I wonder if a lot of the money is stashed somewhere offshore waiting for her to get out. Apparently she is out on bond pending sentencing in March.

All kinds of hugs!

ROSIE

i'm not very familiar with Mary Kay, but I had a friend who sold cosmetics for a different company but similar sales tactics. She got way in it over her head trying to reach certain sales goals. She ended up with a whole basement full of products and almost declaring bankruptcy. This story sounds the same. She ended up buying the products herself in order to meet sales goals to obtain higher levels in the company. It became a huge obsession.

She told the Pensacola News Journal her behavior resulted from undiagnosed bipolar disorder that made her manic and caused her to steal. Mitchell also apologized for taking money from several homeowners groups.

The old undiagnosed bipolar defense. Good luck with that.

Angry Sounds like?

A gambling habit to me! I call #@#.
    What I lack in book smarts, I make up for in street smarts