1288 users online (231 members and 1057 guests)  

Websleuths News

Man pictured sitting on a dead whale in the middle of shark feeding frenzy-Dec. 2009

An Australian man has been photographed sitting on a dead whale while it was being eaten by tiger sharks in an attempt to dispel myths about the predators.

Leon Deschamps, 32, said he wants to show that the sharks are not merely blood thirsty killing machines and was prepared to put his own life at risk to prove it.

The conservationist from Shark Bay in Western Australia - said people perceive all sharks to be the same and that tiger sharks are victims as a result.

Pictures of the insane stunt at link:

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/earth/wil...ng-frenzy.html

Follow me on the Twitter! @EricDiesel1972

Deuteronomy 18:10-12 (KJV)

10 There shall not be found among you anyone who makes his son or his daughter pass through the fire, or one who practices witchcraft, or a soothsayer, or one who interprets omens, or a sorcerer, 11 or one who conjures spells, or a medium, or a spiritist, or one who calls up the dead. 12 For all who do these things are an abomination to the Lord. (KJV)

Follow me at my Biblical Blog: http://scripture-demystified.blogspot.com

Baruch ha Shem Adonai.

if he's sitting on a dead whale and there's tiger sharks around, he's lucky he isnt shark food. i dont care what 'misconceptions' he thinks we have. yes, sharks dont go out of they're way normally to attack people, but this is like putting yourself in the middle of a bluefish feeding frenzy.
    idiot

Quote Originally Posted by kbl8201 View Post
    if he's sitting on a dead whale and there's tiger sharks around, he's lucky he isnt shark food. i dont care what 'misconceptions' he thinks we have. yes, sharks dont go out of they're way normally to attack people, but this is like putting yourself in the middle of a bluefish feeding frenzy.
    idiot
    And statistically it's a fact that Tiger sharks are the 2nd leading "man-killer," second only to Great Whites. Tigers will eat ANYTHING, even garbage floating by. This stunt doesn't change that.

You know what who this reminds me of? That Treadway guy, "Grizzly Man," who lived with grizzlies to prove they were safe and misunderstood, then got killed and eaten by them.

10 There shall not be found among you anyone who makes his son or his daughter pass through the fire, or one who practices witchcraft, or a soothsayer, or one who interprets omens, or a sorcerer, 11 or one who conjures spells, or a medium, or a spiritist, or one who calls up the dead. 12 For all who do these things are an abomination to the Lord. (KJV)

Baruch ha Shem Adonai.

There was probably enough food there that the sharks didn't feel they had to attack the man. Maybe he should have held a dead tuna in his hand and waited to see if the sharks would attack. I agree that it reminds me of the Grizzly man.

BTW, I didn't look at the picture. I've had my fill of stupid today.

I agree with you, lizzybeth. I have also had my fill of stupid today, and this was a stupid stunt.
    Thoughts and prayers for the people of Paris and all of France!

Cheers to the next idiot who sees this photo and thinks it's a great idea... When the next guy/gal to try this gets mauled or eaten, how much will that do to change the world's view of sharks?

Good Grief!!! That guy is plain stupid and really did risk his life! Experts say that most shark "attacks" are accidents. Well...an "accident" could have happened here! A shark could have easily taken a bite out of him during an feeding frenzy. What an IDIOT!

I'm glad you posted this. For some reason last night while I was bored and on the computer I started reading about sharks and shark attacks for some reason - something I never look up! I became obsessed and starting reading personal accounts by shark attack victims over on a shark attack survivor site. I was on the site for hours! It was facinating to read personal accounts of attacks, but it was freaky!

Quote Originally Posted by Gypsy Road View Post
    Good Grief!!! That guy is plain stupid and really did risk his life! Experts say that most shark "attacks" are accidents. Well...an "accident" could have happened here! A shark could have easily taken a bite out of him during an feeding frenzy. What an IDIOT!

I'm glad you posted this. For some reason last night while I was bored and on the computer I started reading about sharks and shark attacks for some reason - something I never look up! I became obsessed and starting reading personal accounts by shark attack victims over on a shark attack survivor site. I was on the site for hours! It was facinating to read personal accounts of attacks, but it was freaky!
    Do a search for 10 worst shark attacks and you will read some absolute horror stories. Real nightmare scenarios.

Baruch ha Shem Adonai.