The papers Elizabeth signed

momtective

Lifetime WS Non-Mod
Reaction score
"She did definitely describe the people and what they look like, they're definitely in San Antonio, she (Elizabeth) did sign paperwork, but they did not notarize it or anything like that," said Smith.

The original link for this statement is no longer active with this story so the best I can offer is a link to Angel Who Cares post in the media thread [ame="http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showpost.php?p=4679440&postcount=15"]Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community - View Single Post - AZ-Gabriel Johnson, 8 months News Media and Updated Information ONLY. No Discussion.[/ame]

So knowing that Elizabeth signed papers of some sort I'm guessing that this is what she signed http://www.texaslawyershelp.org/tyla/library/attachment.86703 an Affidavit of voluntary relinquishment of parental rights.

If this is what she signed then this document would be filed in the County in which it was signed...Bexar (pronounced Bear) County, provided it was filled out with the County name and not left blank. I wonder if anyone has been to the courthouse to see if this document has been filed?

I suppose if it was left blank it could have been filed in any County in Texas if filled in and notarized after she signed it.:waitasec:

Any thoughts and would the filing of such a document be a public record?

"She did definitely describe the people and what they look like, they're definitely in San Antonio, she (Elizabeth) did sign paperwork, but they did not notarize it or anything like that," said Smith.

The original link for this statement is no longer active with this story so the best I can offer is a link to Angel Who Cares post in the media thread Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community - View Single Post - AZ-Gabriel Johnson, 8 months News Media and Updated Information ONLY. No Discussion.

So knowing that Elizabeth signed papers of some sort I'm guessing that this is what she signed http://www.texaslawyershelp.org/tyla/library/attachment.86703 an Affidavit of voluntary relinquishment of parental rights.

If this is what she signed then this document would be filed in the County in which it was signed...Baxer (pronounced Bear) County, provided it was filled out with the County name and not left blank. I wonder if anyone has been to the courthouse to see if this document has been filed?

I suppose if it was left blank it could have been filed in any County in Texas if filled in and notarized after she signed it.:waitasec:

Any thoughts and would the filing of such a document be a public record?

Isn't it Bexar county?
Not trying to nitpick your post, just don't want any confusion for myself or anyone else.
I agree that what (IF) Elizabeth signed was most likely a document to relinquish her parental rights.

Isn't it Bexar county?
Not trying to nitpick your post, just don't want any confusion for myself or anyone else?
I agree that what (IF) Elizabeth signed was most likely a document to relinquish her parental rights.

Yes, it is Bexar (pronounced Bear)...my typo. Don't you know I am the queen of editing... almost all of my posts are edited because I catch my typos after the fact...lol:crazy:

I think, that relinquishing parental right falls under the child protection and thus highly confidential arena.

But, I am typically wrong.

I think, that relinquishing parental right falls under the child protection and thus highly confidential arena.

LE should be able to access it though, right? I'm just hoping that someone has at least checked.

Also notice there must be two witnesses with addresses and a notary and although I don't see it on the doc in the link there should also be a place for the agent to sign, whether it be DPRS, an attorney or an adoption agency representative.

For reference, Tammi on NG, Jan 13:

And she said that she went ahead and signed the papers. She signed custody over to them and I asked her, was it notarized? She said no. And she said she put the baby in the car seat and they walked out the door with him.

ETA:
On the same show, Tammi talks about the papers she and Eliz signed Dec 9:
SMITH: That`s not what happened. I don`t know if Michelle`s been following the story. She didn`t leave her baby with us at the airport. She called us seven months later and she called us and we came to her house. We talked to her. We signed guardianship papers and had them notarized.

Just wanted to point out that she uses different terminology referring to the papers. One's custody, the other guardianship. No idea if that means anything.

I posted a response under Legal Questions.

here in Tn, when a parent relinquishes there rights, they have a court date
judge takes the parent into chambers and explains to them what they are doing.

My sons bio mom, requested me to come with her into chambers,
he explained everything in detail to her, that she had 10 days to change her mind
he gave her a phone number and said no matter what time of the day or night if she decided she wanted to end this .. to call the number and he had to come and tear the papers up
she had to midnight on the 10 day

now if the state terminates the right the parents have 30 days to appeal it

When I gave up my daughter, I signed two sets of papers. The first was while I was still in the hospital, declaring my intent to proceed with an adoption (and to work with the agency I'd chosen). The second set, the relinquishment paperwork, was signed in court in front of a judge.

those papers would be sealed, however...I doubt they would have filed it anyways since it's an illegal adoption

Yeah, I'm thinking if the "adoptive" parents were going to go through with this sort of "adoption", they aren't going to be filing any papers with the court. I don't really know if I believe any sort of papers were even signed.

And she said that she went ahead and signed the papers. She signed custody over to them and I asked her, was it notarized? She said no. And she said she put the baby in the car seat and they walked out the door with him.

ETA:
SMITH: That`s not what happened. I don`t know if Michelle`s been following the story. She didn`t leave her baby with us at the airport. She called us seven months later and she called us and we came to her house. We talked to her. We signed guardianship papers and had them notarized.

Just wanted to point out that she uses different terminology referring to the papers. One's custody, the other guardianship. No idea if that means anything.[/QUOTE.

B...I've been wanting to ask, who's Michelle ???

ETA:

Just wanted to point out that she uses different terminology referring to the papers. One's custody, the other guardianship. No idea if that means anything.[/QUOTE.

B...I've been wanting to ask, who's Michelle ???

The person calling in on the phone on NG asking a question.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cabinsleuth
Back