WA - Mackenzie Cowell, 17, Wenatchee, 9 Feb 2010 - #2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Whoops, thanks Salem: I'll repost here-

Very interesting, James, I hadn't heard of this one.

My feeling is that this is not a serial killer either. One thing about them is that they tend to stay within a certain sex, race and age group that appeals to them when choosing victims.

How sad if this is a suicide and his body wasn't found for that long! Gosh, just to lay there for years and not have anyone to mourn you or have closure.

But in any case, this story is a confirmation of what many of us have been saying. There are so many areas that are remote and untrodden yet close to town where a body could lay undisturbed for years. Why a vacant home in Crescent Bar? Squilchuck State park isn't even 5 miles out of town and this poor guy was there for years!

Re: the body on Boodry St, toxicology is pending and there were no immediate signs of foul play. Boodry street is on the not-so-nice side of town and my feeling is that it was probably an OD. When I was in high school I had a friend who's aunt got roaring drunk, fell into a ditch and died there in Wenatchee (not sure what location). So, it does happen.

Hey, all. Just found a vid in which the "brodie" marks can be pretty clearly seen. I had wondered if they could just be regular tracks but they sure look like 360 brodies to me. Probably unrelated to the case (IMO) but thought ya'll might like to see it. They can be best seen @ 1:22.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MK9eZDVFdvM

There are also very good shots of the property in this video.

ETA- It actually looks like tracks made from a cycle to me, in a figure 8 pattern. Not anything made by a car or truck?

This shot is from the back of the house (very close to water & maybe very close to where remains were found?) so I can see why nobody but the neighbor (UP on the cliff?) could see these marks in the yard but what are they really? I can make out what looks like a figure 8 but am not totally convinced what made them or even if it's not something else that just happens to look like a figure 8..Like what? I don't really know but anything is possible especially in this case.

For reference on this thread, here is the link to the video in which MacKenzie Cowell was last seen walking to her car in parking lot at Kittitas and Mission Streets in Wenatchee at 3:00pm on Tuesday, February 9th, 2010.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BbDnbCoroR8

Okay, here's a thought that I've had from the time we've heard about the Brody marks....what if the perp used an ATV (just speculation) to transport the body to the shoreline? JMO

I was just thinking that same thing DT. The perp could have moved the car and walked back to the ATV.

For reference on this thread, here is the link to the video in which MacKenzie Cowell was last seen walking to her car in parking lot at Kittitas and Mission Streets in Wenatchee at 3:00pm on Tuesday, February 9th, 2010.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BbDnbCoroR8

TY! I don't see anything others do except for the shadow of a person walking by in the windshield of the first parked (4 door) truck as she pulls her car out..That may be who she was turning to look at but they appear to be walking on the sidewalk (outside of view) not in the lot..I can't see this person being involved in any way tho.

Btw..What's with all the trucks (some not so nice) in the lot?

Okay, here's a thought that I've had from the time we've heard about the Brody marks....what if the perp used an ATV (just speculation) to transport the body to the shoreline? JMO

How ironic that you would post this question right now. I'd just located a video a few minutes ago in which I thought what looked like a pair of tire tracks that looked like they could've been from an ATV! In fact, I'd just sent a PM to another member to get their opinion. But since you brought it up - check it out and see if you don't think so. They are seen at about :30 into the video.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NSm-6rPAIb4

If this was the case, the driver must've backed the ATV out, because there are no turnaround tracks. My hubby said it is just the edges of a hill???

I really don't think an ATV or Motorcycle was involved. While there aren't any neighbors close enough to hear things like screams or shouting, motorcycles and ATVs would have been loud enough to draw attention. If the house is for sale, such machinery on sight would have tipped someone off early. A truck or car there might not, because people might assume maintenance persons or real estate agents.

ArrizX and I are playing phone tag. I'm sure I will be able to verify him over the weekend.

Tricia

I really don't think an ATV or Motorcycle was involved. While there aren't any neighbors close enough to hear things like screams or shouting, motorcycles and ATVs would have been loud enough to draw attention. If the house is for sale, such machinery on sight would have tipped someone off early. A truck or car there might not, because people might assume maintenance persons or real estate agents.

I respectfully disagree that the neighbors would've heard an ATV on that property, with the distance of the neighbors. Especially at this time of year, when most people's houses are pretty much closed up. My husband's riding mower is probably 3 times noisier than his ATV; and I don't even hear the mower when he's 40-50 yards from our house.

Not saying an ATV was or was not involved in the crime, but just trying to explore all the possibilities. I've often heard that in many cases the perp will return to the scene of the crime. IMO, an ATV would've been a perfect way to go about that.

ArrizX and I are playing phone tag. I'm sure I will be able to verify him over the weekend.

Tricia

Thanks, Tricia! Some of us (like me) are really looking forward to his input! That is really sweet of you to take the time to let us know! :blowkiss:

Where can I read the poetry that JO has written? I am very curious, seems to be a focus here. Link please?

I suppose it's possible (anything seems possible now), but LE has made statements that seem to indicate that she was killed in situ. I think he makes this statement in the vid Liz just linked, but then the wording of LE is sometimes tricky to decipher. When they say "we believe where the body was found is the crime scene" do they mean the beach or the general property? Seems like they mean the beach but who knows.

Did JV date MC at some point? I'm confused.....

I think we're all fairly confused, due to the lack of credible information that's been released. I'm hoping that maybe phenox knows and can enlighten us.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SashaRhea82