1216 users online (239 members and 977 guests)  


Websleuths News


Results 1 to 11 of 11
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    1,570

    Whodunit (for IDI)

    There was a vicious attack on a young lady resulting in her death.
    Her body had dozens of injuries including a knife wound to the chest. She was partially unclothed.
    Her body and clothing were tested for DNA. Usable DNA was found only on her underwear.
    Lab analysis showed that it was a mixture from two unidentified females.
    Someone confessed to this crime – was it a woman?
    If a man confessed to this crime and a link through evidence other than DNA could be established, should he stand trial for the murder, or should law enforcement continue to search for the two mystery women?
    “It saddens me that 20 years after my sister Nicole’s murder, we are still seeing the same crimes, just different names, over and over again.”
    - Denise Brown (sister of Nicole Brown Simpson)

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Posts
    5,299
    Quote Originally Posted by cynic View Post
    If a man confessed to this crime and a link through evidence other than DNA could be established, should he stand trial for the murder, or should law enforcement continue to search for the two mystery women?

    The man should stand trial. AND LE should continue to search.
    Last edited by Holdontoyourhat; 02-20-2010 at 06:15 PM.

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    1,570
    Quote Originally Posted by Holdontoyourhat View Post
    The man should stand trial. AND LE should continue to search.
    What about the invincible DNA?
    “It saddens me that 20 years after my sister Nicole’s murder, we are still seeing the same crimes, just different names, over and over again.”
    - Denise Brown (sister of Nicole Brown Simpson)

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Posts
    5,299
    Quote Originally Posted by cynic View Post
    What about the invincible DNA?
    The man confessed, AND could be linked to the crime by evidence. Its not looking good for this man.

    The nagging questions as to who owned the DNA or why its there may remain even after the man is convicted.

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    1,570
    Quote Originally Posted by Holdontoyourhat View Post
    The man confessed, AND could be linked to the crime by evidence. Its not looking good for this man.

    The nagging questions as to who owned the DNA or why its there may remain even after the man is convicted.
    What if there was no confession?
    “It saddens me that 20 years after my sister Nicole’s murder, we are still seeing the same crimes, just different names, over and over again.”
    - Denise Brown (sister of Nicole Brown Simpson)

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Posts
    5,299
    Quote Originally Posted by cynic View Post
    What if there was no confession?
    Then the man is linked to the crime by evidence, but there is still some work to be done. I think this is where you tell the man 'don't leave town'.

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    1,570
    Quote Originally Posted by Holdontoyourhat View Post
    Then the man is linked to the crime by evidence, but there is still some work to be done. I think this is where you tell the man 'don't leave town'.
    No murder weapon was found.
    “It saddens me that 20 years after my sister Nicole’s murder, we are still seeing the same crimes, just different names, over and over again.”
    - Denise Brown (sister of Nicole Brown Simpson)

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Posts
    5,299
    Quote Originally Posted by cynic View Post
    No murder weapon was found.
    Is this more DNA math, where we add two DNA's together to come up with a third?

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    1,570
    Quote Originally Posted by Holdontoyourhat View Post
    Is this more DNA math, where we add two DNA's together to come up with a third?
    Allegedly there was a mixture, but two unique unidentified female profiles were found.
    “It saddens me that 20 years after my sister Nicole’s murder, we are still seeing the same crimes, just different names, over and over again.”
    - Denise Brown (sister of Nicole Brown Simpson)

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    1,570
    What would you say to hair, fiber, and a confession?
    Last edited by cynic; 02-21-2010 at 02:19 AM.
    “It saddens me that 20 years after my sister Nicole’s murder, we are still seeing the same crimes, just different names, over and over again.”
    - Denise Brown (sister of Nicole Brown Simpson)


  11. #11
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    1,570
    I have posted the answer to this "whodunit" on my DNA thread:

    http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sho...t=90999&page=4
    “It saddens me that 20 years after my sister Nicole’s murder, we are still seeing the same crimes, just different names, over and over again.”
    - Denise Brown (sister of Nicole Brown Simpson)