955 users online (187 members and 768 guests)  

Websleuths News

FL - Tamarri Weaver, 2 mos, beaten to death, Inverness, 14 Feb 2010

A 21-year-old Inverness man was arrested today on aggravated child abuse and murder charges in the death of his infant son, the Citrus County Sheriff's Office said.

Deputies said a "be on the lookout" alert was issued Friday for Spencer Tyson Weaver after he left a voice mail for his son's biological mother, threatening to harm himself.

After being located, Weaver told detectives he had physically abused his 2-month-old son, Tamarri, for several weeks and knew his actions had caused the child's death, the sheriff's office said.

more here

http://www2.tbo.com/content/2010/feb...news-breaking/

RIP, Tamarri

You don't have to live with monsters any more.
    What we are doing is just a drop in the ocean.
    But if that drop was not in the ocean,
    I think the ocean would be less because of that missing drop.
    ~~ Mother Theresa ~~

Where is Rachel Cooke? Missing since 10-Jan-2002
    Rachel's thread - WS
    RachelCookeSearch.org

He murders his son, BUT calls the child's mother threatening to harm himself?

That speaks volumes. RIP lil Tamarri. I'm so sorry your own father hurt you.

Poor sweet baby boy!!! TWA and may you "Father" pay for the crimes he freely admitted to!!

And another severely abused and murdered infant. Abused for weeks - he was only 8 weeks old. So abused his whole short life on this earth.

Rest in peace, Tamarri Weaver. I'm so sorry, sweetheart. The angels will take good care of you now.

what is this like the 50th dead baby in 3 days?
    or does it just seem like it

Quote Originally Posted by kbl8201 View Post
    what is this like the 50th dead baby in 3 days?
    or does it just seem like it
    Did u see my latest post in the thread on the POS that blamed his 3-week-old's death on the cats?

That prosecutor said he's handling 10 homicides right now -- and FIVE involve children.

What we see here is just a few cases of babies that are beaten, burned or starved to death.....Like the Missouri prosecutor said, it's an epidemic.

That's just the ones who are caught right now -- doesn't include the babies who've been buried, stashed in a trunk, cooler or freezer, or thrown out in the woods & parents haven't been charged yet.

I just don't see how it can all be blamed on stress....there's something more to it, IMO....just wish I knew what it was.
    What we are doing is just a drop in the ocean.
    But if that drop was not in the ocean,
    I think the ocean would be less because of that missing drop.
    ~~ Mother Theresa ~~

Where is Rachel Cooke? Missing since 10-Jan-2002
    Rachel's thread - WS
    RachelCookeSearch.org

i miss him

tammarri is my nephew and i miss him like crazy i hope spencer rots in jail

Rotting in jail is too good for this donor. The baby was eight weeks old FGS ! What reason could there be to harm ANY child let alone an infant?

I am so sick of this!! When will parents and people in general start treating children with the respect and love they deserve??

How the h@ll do we change this??

Big, brave "man" that "dad" was.

Sorry, rant over.

I think part of it is that we don't teach coping anymore. remember the old days? Everyone made it a point to teach their children that you have to develop coping skills, you have to learn how to stay calm under pressure, it was even taught in schools.
    Now we don't teach coping, we teach avoidance and how to take pills to cope.

Yes, it's much more than frustration. We have generation after generation that can't cope with a crying baby, or an temper tantrum from a toddler, because they were never taught how to cope with any kind of stress. Just my two cents, but I think that if we were to start teaching people in childhood to confront their stress head on and deal with it, as opposed to avoiding it until they snap, so many more tragedies like this could be averted.
    Last edited by not_my_kids; 02-27-2010 at 12:18 PM.

I dont know what's going on either but it is killing me to see it. it's not just the US. it's all week long in the UK too.

this whole thing is making me mad that was my nephew and Spencer didn't even care about him i hate his guts he should get all his ribs smashed

Quote Originally Posted by babeygirl9 3 09 View Post
    this whole thing is making me mad that was my nephew and Spencer didn't even care about him i hate his guts he should get all his ribs smashed

I am so, so sorry for your family. nothing I say can take away the pain but if if could I would.

Why???

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Thank you my WS family for everything you do, everyday. You are loved and appreciated.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

~Emma Leigh Barker~
    09/02/07~03/18/09
    ~R.I.P.~

Justice For Emma
    Stacey Barker - Guilty - Murder 1 - 5/24/11
    25 to LiFE - Sentenced 6/17/11

~~~~~~~~~~~
    jmho as always

From May 2011:

http://www.chronicleonline.com/conte...0-years-murder

Spencer Tyson Weaver stood shackled and inexpressive before the judge Tuesday morning as he was sentenced to 40 years in prison for killing his 2-month-old son...

Avoiding life imprisonment, Weaver signed the plea agreement Monday morning because his attorney Steve Laurence said Weaver believed it was in his best interest. In addition, his first-degree murder charge was also reduced to a second-degree murder charge.