Daddy the pitbull, Cesar Millan's best friend, passes away - 2/19/10

Tizzle

Go Wings!
Reaction score
In Memoriam: Daddy the Pit Bull

Cesar Millan, all his family and friends, his staff and volunteers, and dog lovers all around the world today will mourn the passing of one of the most loyal, trusting, well-balanced, and influential pit bull ambassadors the world has ever known. Daddy, Cesar’s longtime friend and partner in canine rehabilitation, died peacefully surrounded by family on Friday the 19th of February. He was sixteen years old.

More here.

Daddy was such a good boy. I love Cesar Millan and what he does. Daddy was proof that pitbulls aren't the vicious creatures that many believe them to be. If they're raised to be aggressive, they will be aggressive. The same is true for any breed of dog, not just pitbulls. Daddy will be missed.

R.I.P. Sweet Daddy. :cry:

Attachments

• cesar&daddy.jpg
    cesar&daddy.jpg
    27 KB · Views: 31
  • CMjunior&daddy.jpg
    CMjunior&daddy.jpg
    68.8 KB · Views: 28
  • Daddy.jpg
    Daddy.jpg
    138 KB · Views: 26
Tizzle, I don't say they are vicious animals, I say they have the ability to kill and maim and as such they should always be considered a danger.

I liked Daddy too, and I'm sorry at his passing, he was a good dog.

I'm sorry to hear this. Dogs are only as good as their owners. Rachael Raye has a pit bull too. Not all are bad.

I used to have a Pitbull, his name was Leroy, he was Brindle. He was the biggest sweetheart. He looked scary but was not scary, in the least. He was such a funny and loving boy. I miss him terribly. I also had a Rednose, she was stolen when she was still a puppy, but she was most definitely on her way to being a "dorkdog", too, just like her big brother. Thanks to the wonderful experiences my cousins had with Leroy when they were teenagers, they love Pitbulls. One started a rescue for Pitbulls and the other rescued two Pitbulls, while his parents rescued one! These are people that had previously owned only breeds like the German Shorthair, the Collie and the Yellow Lab. They now rescue Pitbulls, all thanks to Leroy. I'm very proud of that.

ITA that a dog is only as good as it's owner. A few years after Leroy's passing, I rescued a Lab mix and a Rottweiler. The Lab mix was mean and hated anyone besides us, we tried to socialize and train her, but nothing worked, she was a one family dog. She was abused before we got her, we didn't know until it was too late. The Rottweiler was sweet and friendly and loved everyone, she didn't even look mean, she looked like a big dork! It's not the breed that is the problem, it's their owners and environment. A horse can also maim and kill and can be dangerous, but I find them to be beautiful and graceful and am not afraid of them, at all. Therefore, I don't fear a dog just because of it's breed, it's the way they are raised that I fear. My Labmix and Rott more than proved to me that the breed isn't what is the danger. I already knew this because of Leroy, though.

I understand what you are saying, Granny. I just feel that the same can be true for any breed of dog and many other animals, as well. I feel it's very unfortunate that Pitbulls got the reputation they did because of the many irresponsible owners that made them that way.

Daddy, was given to Cesar by Reggie Noble, aka Redman, after boarding Daddy with him because he felt that his career and touring would keep him from being able to properly care for Daddy. Daddy had a wonderful and full life with a loving family. He helped many dogs with Cesar by showing them how a balanced dog behaves. I hope Junior can do all that Daddy was able to do. I'm sure he will, he has been taught by Daddy and, of course, Cesar.

My thoughts and prayers are with the Millan family. I'm sure their hearts are hurting. Daddy was truly Man's Best Friend.

My uncle had 2 pits...........one good, gentle, the other was agressive.
He had them at different times and had them as pups.........
I think it is like any other breed.
You can get a sweetie or a baddie.
It's in the genes som times.
He used to show, handle and train his pits.
He has a pit now that is raised with a kitty and is so sweet.
The pits mouth bite was designed for that loc jaw bite..........
I always say tease a Maltese and give blood...........
so it doesn't matter the size or breed, they can all turn.

It's so difficult to loose a beloved pet. My dog just turned older than me this month.

Years ago, when I married my husband he came with a Dobe/sheppard mix who was middle aged already. That dog was his jogging partner. She looked like a Dobe and could catch small animals - no prob! :eek:

It never dawned on me to be afraid of her and we were great pals. Enter MIL (rip). She told me she was a viscious dog and she had tried to bite one of the brothers and to be afraid of her. I was like :waitasec:, are we talking about the same dog? I later figured out the dog just didn't like MIL - ha!

Then my friend's Dobe, a purebreed, who had been her 'baby' for many, many years attacked the face of her real baby when he was almost two and was in his highchair. I warned her too because that dog had tendencies. If you were standing a reasonable away from the owner, then began using your hands while talking, the dog would go into protective stance and growl at you. My friend said, "no way she wouldn't hurt anyone." I thought, 'no, she won't hurt YOU but YES she's fix'n to hurt someone'. I never understood the tunnel vision my friend had about the temperment of her dog. It astonished me :waitasec:. The baby ended up okay but had to have stitches, a scar and luckily the dog missed his eye by a tad.

Each dog is different. Respect them and proceed with caution. And don't be blinded by love like my friend was.

We're big fans of Cesar at our house.

:( RIP Daddy. You truly were the Ambassador for Pit bulls around the world. I'll miss seeing walking along side of your owner. I will forever be in awe of you.

He was a nice dog and helped a lot of other dogs with their behavioral problems. I'm sure he'll be missed. R.I.P. Daddy.

R.I.P. Daddy, you were what pitbulls were meant to be ....WONDERFUL!

Thank you!

awww, Daddy!! RIP sweetie. he was such a good boy! i learned that you have to take each individual dog as a representation of themselves and not the breed. we adopted a golden retriever who full on attacked my son and myself. the SPCA didn't even believe me when i took him back until i showed them pics of my son. months later, he wanted a dog and we adopted a mutt - who the vet says has pit in her (??) and she has been the sweetest dog in the world. just a big goof. that said, we learned pretty quickly that she's dog aggressive and take the proper steps to manage her when we take her out. it sucks to have to muzzle her, but i would never ever want to be responsbile for her hurting a dog when i knew that she had this issue. we have taken her to training and she's getting a little better, but i just know as her owner, i have to be responsible.

Aww I loved seeing him on the show. I didn't realize he was 16. That's amazing. Such a sweet dog. RIP Daddy :(

Just seeing this now and it makes me so sad. RIP, Daddy.

RIP Daddy. Thanks to you & Cesar for opening hearts and minds to a loving understanding of pit dogs, and the utter wrongness of breed-specific laws and judgments. Job well-done!

RIP Daddy
It hurts so much to lose a beloved pet.
He gave so much and his name certainly did fit him!

I find it interesting that to me at least Daddy turned out to be more famous than the rapper who originally had him, I've never heard of him!

VB

My sympathies to Cesar and his family. Daddy was a great dog. May he rest in peace in Dog Heaven.

It's not the pit bulls who are a problem; it's the owners. Daddy and Cesar showed that, week after week.

That was such a good dog proving that pitbulls can be good dogs. I wonder if he'll do a memorial show for Daddy? He deserves it. I've always said a dog is as smart or as stupid as its owner. Cesar is such an inspiration. It's pretty easy they need love, food, water and should go out at least 4 times a day and a good long walk at least twice a week. All my dogs have lived to 16 or 17, by just following these rules. Of course a vet visit here and there is necessary.

That was such a good dog proving that pitbulls can be good dogs. I wonder if he'll do a memorial show for Daddy? He deserves it. I've always said a dog is as smart or as stupid as its owner. Cesar is such an inspiration. It's pretty easy they need love, food, water and should go out at least 4 times a day and a good long walk at least twice a week. All my dogs have lived to 16 or 17, by just following these rules. Of course a vet visit here and there is necessary.

I hope so too. Daddy deserves it.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cabinsleuth
Back