Found Deceased OK - Aja Johnson, 7, Geronimo, 24 January 2010 - #2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Salem

Former Member
Reaction score
Welcome to our thread about the disappearance of Aja Johnson.

This is thread number 2. We have provided a link to thread 1 at the bottom of this page for those who want to start from the beginning.

Here is a brief explanation of AJa's case from one Oriah. Oriah is a member of Websleuths and is involved in the search for Aja.

Oriah said:
Aja Johnson is 7 years old and was a witness to the brutal murder of her mother sometime during the night of January 23rd, 2010 by her stepfather, Lester Guillermo Hobbs. Aja had been left with her non-custodial mother in order to attend a birthday party for one night only- the night of the 23rd. Tonya Hobbs, the mother of Aja, was found dead the following evening by her sister-in-law, Lester Hobb's sister. Neither Aja nor Lester nor Tonya's vehicle (a 2 door white Toyota Paseo- in some cases known as a Celica- with a damaged rear passenger side window) was anywhere to be found.

There have been no 'confirmed' sightings of either Lester, Aja, or the vehicle since that date.

That area of Oklahoma, as are many in Oklahoma, is a very tight knit community, who do not trust 'outside' LE and do not like to discuss issues that may pertain to this crime. Lester Hobbs has a very violent history of abuse- including alcohol, women, and children. He is a survivalist, and would have no problem hiding out in very remote locations. He is also very adept at changing his appearance, and persuading people to believe he is either not who they think he is, or he has not committed the crimes that he is accused of.

The OSBI briefly sought the help of the US Marshals Dept as well as the FBI- as they have in many of their cases- but quickly returned to 'following up' on their own.
Lester Hobbs could be anywhere in this country at the moment, as could Aja. We have no confirmed sightings of either Lester, Aja, or the vehicle that disappeared that night anywhere in the country. Lester Hobbs could be in YOUR BACK YARD.

Thank you for your support and coming to AJa's thread. Aja's case does not receive the media attention like it should. Websleuth is doing our best to change that.

Click on the pictures underneath my name. You will see an Angel and a devil. Ajan Johnson and Lester Hobbs. Help us bring Aja home.

Tricia Griffith
Owner/Websleuths.com

Thread 1

Attachments

• AJA-JOHNSON-NEWLester-Hobbs-Johnsonuntitled1-CIG.jpg
    AJA-JOHNSON-NEWLester-Hobbs-Johnsonuntitled1-CIG.jpg
    33 KB · Views: 61
  • Lester-Hobbs-Johnsonuntitled1-shirt-off.jpg
    Lester-Hobbs-Johnsonuntitled1-shirt-off.jpg
    28.2 KB · Views: 54
Here's today's Sunday Oklahoman story again, from the tail-end of the first thread:

Family of missing Geronimo girl waits
Published: February 21, 2010

Aja Johnson was beaten and bruised by her suspected abductor in August, according to a family friend who had sheltered the 7-year-old child and her mother at that time.

Lester William Hobbs, 46, the man wanted in connection with Aja’s apparent kidnapping and the slaying of his estranged wife, Tonya LeAnn Hobbs, "just went off” on the girl, bruising her "from her butt to the bottom of her knees,” said Sissy Miller, 26, of Blanchard.

"That poor child was bruised so badly she couldn’t even sit,” Miller said. "We took pictures and turned them into DHS. We told school officials, and they reported it, too, but we were just told there was nothing that could be done. Now look what’s happened.”
Aja’s bedroom remains as it was the day she left with her mother, supposedly for an overnight birthday party. Barbie dolls she played with in the bathtub rest atop a toy chest, her favorite miniature horse sits atop a dresser and a stuffed wiener dog lays on her tiny bed with a inscription stitched on its side: "I love you this much.”
A Disney castle toy stove sits against the wall.

"This is where she’d turn on the stove and say, ‘Daddy, I’m cooking breakfast,’” Johnson said. "She’s something else. ... I know wherever she’s at, she’s missing her daddy and wants to come home.”

And more at
http://newsok.com/family-of-missing-geronimo-girl-waits/article/3441113

Oh my...that article made me cry....what a monster he is.

This article seems to answer some of the questions I had, while also bringing about more....I am glad however, that at least this article included information from others and hopefully will be the beginning of more media coverage and more comments from those who knew Aja.

I don't think I remembered TH had an older son and certainly don't recall reading before that someone else raised him. Might have missed it??? Also, I wondered where the older sister was staying and am glad this was answered in this article.

I am furious that it seems another DHS / DFS situation involved...who knows what, if anything, was done...but I bet that's what helped Aja's dad gain custody.

ITA with others....Hobbs lost control and made a knee jerk decision to run with Aja. I can't bring myself to think of what might have happened to Aja right now...as I am trying to remain hopeful, but must admit it seems dismal.

God please protect Aja...

Aja had a brutal monster in her life - seems that every safeguard in place to protect her - failed. Her story is heartbreaking.

357fxjc.gif

Regarding Aja having had her hair dyed before, I wonder if she hadn't caught a case of head lice from school or daycare. Hair dye will kill head lice, then you just have to comb the nits out. Some parents will use this because they prefer to not put poison on their child's head, though I think usually they dye it a color similar to their natural color. And now I'm a little confused because it sounds like just the tips were dyed. Could that be because the color had grown out?

Regarding Aja having had her hair dyed before, I wonder if she hadn't caught a case of head lice from school or daycare. Hair dye will kill head lice, then you just have to comb the nits out. Some parents will use this because they prefer to not put poison on their child's head, though I think usually they dye it a color similar to their natural color. And now I'm a little confused because it sounds like just the tips were dyed. Could that be because the color had grown out?

That could be, but I still find it odd that they say Hobbs had done the dying of his and Aja's hair. Wouldn't you think it would be the Mom to do that? Then again, it could just be bad reporting. :confused:

Does anybody have Hobbs' prior addresses and the public info about his previous marriages handy? I know it has been posted, but I don't have a clue where to go to find it. TIA

I found a bankruptcy Hobbs and one of his former wives file in 1998. He was apparently in prison at the time an unable to attend one of the required meetings. The case is too old for me to see the actual documents filed, but I can post the court docket sheet tomorrow if that is ok? Since I haven't posted much, I'm not always clear on the rules and don't want to get sent to time out. LOL It was interesting to see how it fit in with the timeline of other relationships and activities he had going on at the time. TIA

Michaellan,

I found some posts and pages on previous thread that have limited address information but might be helpful.

Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community - View Single Post - OK OK - (Amber Alert) 7 yr. old Aja Johnson abducted from Geronimo 1/24/10
http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=94473&page=18

Also, in regards to posting the BK info; it is usually ok since he’s been named a suspect; but I would PM hoppy to make sure.

Ok. Not sure how helpful it would be in finding Aja anyway. I just thought it was interesting as related to his 13 year old daughter with Tonya and his relationships with the various women. It does list the wife as well, so maybe I shouldn't post it.

I found a bankruptcy Hobbs and one of his former wives file in 1998. He was apparently in prison at the time an unable to attend one of the required meetings. The case is too old for me to see the actual documents filed, but I can post the court docket sheet tomorrow if that is ok? Since I haven't posted much, I'm not always clear on the rules and don't want to get sent to time out. LOL It was interesting to see how it fit in with the timeline of other relationships and activities he had going on at the time. TIA

That's one document that I haven't seen. Can you PM the link to me? I would like to add it with all the other court docs.

Does anyone know the link to a Missing poster for Aja that also lists the reward on it?

That's one document that I haven't seen. Can you PM the link to me? I would like to add it with all the other court docs.

Sure. Having some serious computer problems at work, but will do that for you ASAP. Timing of it all was just very interesting.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ignoreme123