GUILTY UT - Amy Candland, 41, found murdered, Provo, 21 Feb 2010

SuziQ

Former Member
Reaction score
How many missing people are in that area of Utah besides Susan?
Locals please let us know everything on this! Thanks

I keep watching for KSL to post the story. If we can weed through the trolls we might find a local near Hobblecreek with more info.

I was in Provo Canyon last weekend and it's in the same mountain range as Hobblecreek. There was quite a bit of snow as there probably is in Hobblecreek.

I posted this before but it's about 58 miles from where Susan lived via google maps.

Thanks, Dr. Know?

That's what I had just discovered as well after looking at Mapquest.

How many missing people are in that area of Utah besides Susan?
Locals please let us know everything on this! Thanks

I know that there has been some media coverage on a missing man (I think he disappeared about the same time as Susan, but didn't get anywhere around the same amount of media attention.)

http://www.sltrib.com/news/ci_14327815 (found an old article) He is from further South in Utah.

Well, if Josh is packing the car for a "trip to the Olympics" right now, we know it is probably her!

Since this find is by a river, could the snow be melting or the river moving now?
We had 40 " of snow and the last couple days we have hit 34 degrees and sunny.
The sun has melted allot of our snow. We still have some very bad spots too.

Well if it is a body and not skeletal remains than it narrows it down a bit. Susan went missing when it was snowing and her body should be pretty well preserved due to the freezing temps.

R.I.P whoever the person is!!
Some family will have closure now.

all the news reports so far say BODY and not skeletal remains????

If the hikers just happened to come across this body, and if it does turn out to be Susan's, I will be somewhat surprised. I've always figured Josh's extremely red hands following Susan's disappearance indicated in some way or another that he had gone to extreme measures to conceal her.

If the hikers just happened to come across this body, and if it does turn out to be Susan's, I will be somewhat surprised. I've always figured Josh's extremely red hands following Susan's disappearance indicated in some way or another that he had gone to extreme measures to conceal her.

From the link fhc posted:

"The area was off-road, not accessible by vehicle, and would take "several minutes to access it by hiking or snowshoeing," he said."

Would that count as extreme measures?

Praying that the body can be quickly identified and that nature has preserved DNA evidence so justice can be served swiftly.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shmoozie
Back