1009 users online (257 members and 752 guests)  

Websleuths News

Around here somewhere

MI - Sex Offender caught with naked teenage runaway

A sex offender who is to have no contact with children and his uncle were arrested after authorities found a nude 16-year-old runaway from Ohio in their home during a spot check of sex offenders in Detroit's east side, Wayne County sheriff's officials said today.

Jessie James Smith, 26, and his uncle, Gary Dewayne Smith, 42, were taken into custody at 14210 Houston Whittier during the checks Thursday in the 48205 ZIP code.

Thank you Wayne Co. Two more scuzballs off the street, and one runaway goes back where she should be, although sadly that place is the OH foster system. Bye Jesse, Bye Gary...don't drop the soap.

ETA: I am very proud of Detroit for actually doing spot checks. I was doubting if they actually did them. Obviously they do.
    Last edited by not_my_kids; 02-22-2010 at 12:43 AM.

Amazing how a "spot check" actually did what it was supposed to do. So sad that the spot checkers in Contra Costa County couldn't have been more observant.

Way to go Wayne County. Hopefully the young lady will get some good therapeutic care while in the foster system.

Good on you, Wayne County LE, for actually checking on these lowlifes and being observant and ACTING on what you found. I hope the girl will be okay and keep away from scuzzbags like this.

Not sure there's really much here at the thread we had. Just posting link.

[ame="http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=96272"]Spot check on sex offender turns up runaway teen - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community[/ame]

Around here somewhere
    I searched too. I really did. Come on WS search engine, how can you miss a name like Jessie James Jones...really?
    Sorry about the duplicate thread.