Has Misty told her attorney R. Fields the truth about Haleigh ?

mysticrose

The key to change... is to let go of fear
Reaction score
With the new article from Art Harris with Robert Fields Misty's attorney, and all the talk about the possible cease and desist letter being sent to LP, I am wondering what Mr. Fields knows ? :waitasec: Has Misty told him the truth about the night Haleigh vanished ?
The part of the article below is what has perked my interest, especially the bold....
Mods if this is not ok please remove but I sure would like to discuss this as I am sure there will be more to come in the following months..

Exclusive: Misty Croslin Boots Bounty Hunter!

Regarding Misty Croslin’s frantic appeal to her mother, Lisa, to seek Padilla’s help with her $1.35 million bond, Fields tells me that was made on a jailhouse videotape during visit BEFORE he had a chance to visit his client and explain the illogic of doing such a deal–telling Padilla what she knew or may know about Haleigh in exchange for temporary freedom.

Such a move would take away any trump card Fields might be able to use to bargain for his client’s release on bond, or lesser charges and prison time she might receive if convicted of her drug charges, in exchange for verifiable information about what happened to Haleigh.

Reading between the lines, we can expect Fields to explore several options for his client in the coming days and weeks, and if you listen to the recent jailhouse tapes, Misty Croslin hints she might have overheard something the night Haligh vanished.

He declined to say whether he believed she had anything to use to bargain with law enforcement to bring down prison time she’s facing if convicted on all 8 counts of trafficking in prescription painkillers — an estimated 114 years behind bars. But he did say, “Misty understands this is serious, and has decided to take her lawyers advice.”

http://www.artharris.com/2010/02/21/exclusive-misty-croslin-boots-bounty-hunter/#more-3950

The problem Misty has created for herself, and all of her doing, is short of showing LE exactly where Haleigh is - who in their right mind is ever going to believe a word she says about anything. Would you take her word about anything ? I sure would not and I really doubt the SA's office is going to take her at her word either.

Exclusive: Misty Croslin Boots Bounty Hunter!

Regarding Misty Croslin’s frantic appeal to her mother, Lisa, to seek Padilla’s help with her $1.35 million bond, Fields tells me that was made on a jailhouse videotape during visit BEFORE he had a chance to visit his client and explain the illogic of doing such a deal–telling Padilla what she knew or may know about Haleigh in exchange for temporary freedom.

Such a move would take away any trump card Fields might be able to use to bargain for his client’s release on bond, or lesser charges and prison time she might receive if convicted of her drug charges, in exchange for verifiable information about what happened to Haleigh.

Reading between the lines, we can expect Fields to explore several options for his client in the coming days and weeks, and if you listen to the recent jailhouse tapes, Misty Croslin hints she might have overheard something the night Haligh vanished.

He declined to say whether he believed she had anything to use to bargain with law enforcement to bring down prison time she’s facing if convicted on all 8 counts of trafficking in prescription painkillers — an estimated 114 years behind bars. But he did say, “Misty understands this is serious, and has decided to take her lawyers advice.”

http://www.artharris.com/2010/02/21/exclusive-misty-croslin-boots-bounty-hunter/#more-3950

BBM I find this part very interesting.

I would not believe a word she says .. lol but I am not her attorney.

I believe Mr. Fields has had a come to you know what meeting with Misty and has given her a reality check after these video's released. I would think that Fields is doing all he can to protect her and has been diggin around to probally see if what his client has told him is true and he may have found it. Misty want's out of there like nobody's business ... she does not want to spend most of her life there.

Fields must have something fairly good to deny help getting his client out on bond, he has something and he knows it to get her drug arrest charges pled down and who knows if it is good enough perhaps dismissed .. Feilds knows something that know one else does. He knows that any information on the Haleigh case is one of the keys to getting his client out of trouble and that is of course jmo....

Do criminal attorneys ask for the truth? Or do they just say "what do you want to plead?" and go from there? Sorry if I'm skeptical. Maybe we can sleuth Mr. Field's history and see what kind of reputation he has AS AN ATTORNEY and determine if we believe he is ethical, as far as attorneys go.

Do criminal attorneys ask for the truth? Or do they just say "what do you want to plead?" and go from there? Sorry if I'm skeptical. Maybe we can sleuth Mr. Field's history and see what kind of reputation he has and determine if we believe he is ethical, as far as attorneys go.

Criminal attorneys do not ask for the truth, or so I've been told.

The problem Misty has created for herself, and all of her doing, is short of showing LE exactly where Haleigh is - who in their right mind is ever going to believe a word she says about anything. Would you take her word about anything ? I sure would not and I really doubt the SA's office is going to take her at her word either.

At this point, I agree with you. No telling on her family members for minor infractions non-related to this case, etc... Her only real bargaining chip is if she knows where Haleigh is, and can give LE a specific location, they can go check it out, and they find HC, or HC remains. That of course assumes HC is "findable". If not, she's pretty much no help.

Criminal attorneys do not ask for the truth, or so I've been told.

I think it depends on the crime. How can someone defend their client if they don't know what it is they are defending? It would be my guess that most do know the truth because they don't like surprises in court.

I know some don't ask, but I really don't think that's the norm.

As for Misty? Fields will take whatever she gives him to the DA and see it will help her cause. It's up to Misty as to how badly she wants freedom. Fields can only do so much with a client like Misty.

I think it depends on the crime. How can someone defend their client if they don't know what it is they are defending? It would be my guess that most do know the truth because they don't like surprises in court.

I know some don't ask, but I really don't think that's the norm.

As for Misty? Fields will take whatever she gives him to the DA and see it will help her cause. It's up to Misty as to how badly she wants freedom. Fields can only do so much with a client like Misty.

Sue, and how can Fields seriously go to the DA with anything Misti has to say? Like they say, if her mouth is moving.........

Do criminal attorneys ask for the truth? Or do they just say "what do you want to plead?" and go from there? Sorry if I'm skeptical. Maybe we can sleuth Mr. Field's history and see what kind of reputation he has AS AN ATTORNEY and determine if we believe he is ethical, as far as attorneys go.

I have heard it stated that most criminal defense lawyers do not even want to know whether their client is guilty of the crime or not.

With that said, I do not think for one moment Misty has told Mr. Fields all she knows.

I do not know for sure, but I just have to wonder if Mr. Fields has ever defended anyone this high profile, or with as many serious trafficking charges as Misty has. Haleigh's case is the big pink elephant looming inbetween Misty and Mr. Fields each time they meet. I doubt Misty has told him anything except that she woke up, "seen 3", Haleigh was missing, and that's all she knows.

JMO

It is incumbent upon Mr. Fields to sit Misty down and tell her exactly what she is facing in terms of years should she be found guilty of all of the trafficking charges. She needs to take his advice very seriously and listen to him. If he feels there is a deal to be made, she should go for it, IMO.

Now if Misty has the key information that will help her out in terms of sentencing, then she best start singing. She best start telling what she knows. At this point, I do not think Misty has told anyone, much less her lawyer, what she knows about the drug trafficking OR her part in Haleigh's disappearance.

I have thought Misty would be the one who would adjust to being in jail. I guess I am wrong, tho, because she is begging to be bailed out.

I have heard it stated that most criminal defense lawyers do not even want to know whether their client is guilty of the crime or not.

With that said, I do not think for one moment Misty has told Mr. Fields all she knows.

I do not know for sure, but I just have to wonder if Mr. Fields has ever defended anyone this high profile, or with as many serious trafficking charges as Misty has. Haleigh's case is the big pink elephant looming inbetween Misty and Mr. Fields each time they meet. I doubt Misty has told him anything except that she woke up, "seen 3", Haleigh was missing, and that's all she knows.

JMO

Using RF's words, that, him asking Misty about guilt, would be one of those "greasy pig" issues. :crazy:

It is incumbent upon Mr. Fields to sit Misty down and tell her exactly what she is facing in terms of years should she be found guilty of all of the trafficking charges. She needs to take his advice very seriously and listen to him. If he feels there is a deal to be made, she should go for it, IMO.

Now if Misty has the key information that will help her out in terms of sentencing, then she best start singing. She best start telling what she knows. At this point, I do not think Misty has told anyone, much less her lawyer, what she knows about the drug trafficking OR her part in Haleigh's disappearance.

I have thought Misty would be the one who would adjust to being in jail. I guess I am wrong, tho, because she is begging to be bailed out.

'course, she's also making friends and getting her hair did. She caterwails as much about being alone in her cell as she does about getting out. She thinks it'd be the best thing if she was able to hang out with the other girls instead of being all alone.

But you're right; Misty's got one chance, and it comes through the advice of her lawyer.

If they knew their client was guilty then they run into problems putting them on the stand. If they plead guilty it's not the same issue; we're talking about a trial. Also, Google subornation of perjury.

I am sure he must have. Change that to I imagine he must have. I agree that it is best for her to spill every last detail to her attorney. He can't repeat it, he has a fiduciary duty to see that she gets the best representation possible, and he (I think) is doing this for free. I don't know him at all, never even seen him, but I like him. He's not a prevaricating, blustering, attention seeking, smirking, blowhard.

I don't know if she's told him everything, but she's told him something I think. I believe she's told him enough to where he thinks (and has convinced her) he can keep her out of jail for the better part of her life or she would be singing to Padilla, cease and desist letter or not.

If they knew their client was guilty then they run into problems putting them on the stand. If they plead guilty it's not the same issue; we're talking about a trial. Also, Google subornation of perjury.

Thank you for your post, Bemused! :blowkiss:

LogDetective-160x160.gif

Well, raisincharlie, this post certainly says it all for me.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vjeanine
Back