Civil Case Witness List

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was surprised, that is quite a list. Most of LE involved in the case is on it.

When does this go to trial?

Question...Are Depositions held in Civil Cases?
I wonder if her Civil Defense Attorney is getting paid.

There's a status hearing in May.

Little bit of overkill on the OCS guys, no?

The risk is, by the time this goes to trial the A's will be officially bankrupt and foreclosed (with assets and future deals hidden under shells) and KC will be filing indigent and dependant upon State.

The only relief that this will provide is protection against the Defense going after ZG like they did RK.

And this is just the expert witness list! I assume they will file another list with "nonexpert" witnesses?

The list seems a little excessive doesn't it? But because I'm evil I say :woohoo: we get to watch KC either plea or squirm for the 2 weeks they'll need to hear the case.

The list seems a little excessive doesn't it? But because I'm evil I say :woohoo: we get to watch KC either plea or squirm for the 2 weeks they'll need to hear the case.

She should have settled the case ( agreed to pay her the damages) from jump, and then this entire mess could have been reduced to a judgment (why not...she has nothing to attach to ...no home...no assets..so nothing to lose). It certainly was not worth having her parents, brother, friend and Hoover deposed and all that brought out. I do not think there is any lawyer in their right mind that would allow this case to go forward. Yet another opportunity to have her family under oath so there is even more of their testimony to compare and contrast to impeach them during the murder trial. Moreover, in a civil suit she has to answer questions. There is no way this going to trial. She must settle it...so why put off the inevitable?
I do not know what to think of Mr. Kassen, since he didn't even bother to appear at any of the depos. Isn't all that Mrs. Gonzalez was asking for was 15K? I trust it must be much more than that, because just the attorney fees to defend this case so far would have exceeded that long ago.

Many times insurance companies, for example, will pay out on a suit, even if they do not agree with the merits , simply because the "nuisance" would cost more to defend in a protracted legal battle. If I were representing her, I would have had Casey make the most humble apology to Mrs. Gonzalez for any confusion or embarrassment that was inadvertently caused to her or her children. I would have had it state that this particular lady, unequivocally is not known to Casey, and is NOT the lady that she is referring to. If that did not satisfy Mrs. Gonzalez, I would have advised Casey to plead no contest, agree to settle suit, and nip this in the bud.

Any jury would be brutal on Casey, now that she is indeed a convicted felon for ripping off a friend, they would likely award Mrs. Gonzalez obscene amounts of money. No way in the world this goes to trial, imo.

We often talk about how Casey's family and lawyers have bumbled public relations. This is a prime example. A simple, sincere, apology would have done wonders for Casey regarding this matter. The fact that Dom and Cindy tried to dig up dirt and see if Mrs. Gonzalez had ever worked as a maid and collected social security was evil, imo. The fact that Cindy mocked her looks in a deposition was hateful. The fact that Brad went on TV and said the lady couldn't have been harmed because she had nothing to start with surely didn't serve to win over the public either. This has been a colossal embarrassment and poorly thought out strategy from jump.

I didn't think there was any plea of guilty or not guilty in a civil trial. :waitasec:

I think the only way to bring it to an end would be to make a financial offer (which we know KC can't make, since she's so very nearly indigent) and for the plaintiff to accept the offer. There's no guilty or not guilty to it, and there won't be a finding of guilty or not guilty in the trial (if and when it happens).

She should have plead no contest from jump, and then this entire mess could have been reduced to a judgment (why not...she has nothing to attach to ...no home...no assets..so nothing to lose). It certainly was not worth having her parents, brother, friend and Hoover deposed and all that brought out. I do not think there is any lawyer in their right mind that would allow this case to go forward. Yet another opportunity to have her family under oath so there is even more of their testimony to compare and contrast to impeach them during the murder trial. Moreover, in a civil suit she has to answer questions. There is no way this going to trial. She must settle it...so why put off the inevitable?
I do not know what to think of Mr. Kassen, since he didn't even bother to appear at any of the depos. Isn't all that Mrs. Gonzalez was asking for was 15K? I trust it must be much more than that, because just the attorney fees to defend this case so far would have exceeded that long ago.

Many times insurance companies, for example, will pay out on a suit, even if they do not agree with the merits , simply because the "nuisance" would cost more to defend in a protracted legal battle. If I were representing her, I would have had Casey make the most humble apology to Mrs. Gonzalez for any confusion or embarrassment that was inadvertently caused to her or her children. I would have had it state that this particular lady, unequivocally is not known to Casey, and is NOT the lady that she is referring to. If that did not satisfy Mrs. Gonzalez, I would have advised Casey to plead no contest and nip this in the bud.

Any jury would be brutal on Casey, now that she is indeed a convicted felon for ripping off a friend, they would likely award Mrs. Gonzalez obscene amounts of money. No way in the world this goes to trial, IMO.

We often talk about how Casey's family and lawyers have bumbled public relations. This is a prime example. A simple, sincere, apology would have done wonders for Casey regarding this matter. The fact that Dom and Cindy tried to dig up dirt and see if Mrs. Gonzalez had ever worked as a maid and collected social security , and looked up dirt on her was evil, IMO. The fact that Cindy mocked her looks in a deposition was hateful. The fact that Brad went on TV and said the lady couldn't have been harmed because she had nothing to start with surely didn't serve to win over the public either. This has been a colossal embarrassment and poorly thought out strategy from jump. Mr. Kassen....for the love of God...end this now.

:waitasec: I wonder if this is why the Anthony's stop making their mortgage payments back in May of 2009? They figure they will put what ever assets they have in their so called foundation and let the rest go out of spite. So that they are not responsible to pay ZG any future punitive damages? Cindy went to far with her shenanigans as well, I have always wondered why ZF didn't go after her as well. I would of. ZG needs to have her name cleared before she get thrown under the bus like JG, Amy, and RK IMO.

KC is an adult, her name isn't on the house. Her parents wouldn't be liable for anything.

:waitasec: I wonder if this is why the Anthony's stop making their mortgage payments back in May of 2009? They figure they will put what ever assets they have in their so called foundation and let the rest go out of spite. So that they are not responsible to pay ZG any future punitive damages? Cindy went to far with her shenanigans as well, I have always wondered why ZF didn't go after her as well. I would of. ZG needs to have her name cleared before she get thrown under the bus like JG, Amy, and RK IMO.

After reading on this, I started to wonder the same thing. Remember how JM got CA to admit in her depo that it had been her (Cindy) that had continued in the media with the ZFG and refusing to clear his client? It seemed as though he may have been planning on going after her at that point. Maybe she did decide to let everything go so that they couldn't get it from her. It wouldn't surprise me in the least. :snooty:

Does anyone remember if Cindy did mention at one time that Mark had helped them because someone was trying to come after them, making a claim against their home owner's insurance policy? I believe she was indeed speaking of Morgan and Mitnic. IIRC she was commenting on Mark having resigned and she was trying to be (or seem) gracious, and mentioning he did help them with a lot. So...the idea that Zenaida's lawyers had or may come after her was not foreign to Cindy. I agree that she is couplable in publishing the defamation too.

John B. Morgan, Esquire, is my hero. The very figment of KC's imagination might just become the reality that takes this whole thing down.
KC should have dropped the countersuit, too-Judge R. should take the countersuit into consideration when he (inevitably) tries to put the brakes on Morgan's momentum (like he did at the last hearing)

I think that ZG is wise to continue with this case. Although KC has nothing now, who knows that in the future she doesn't get some sort of financial gain after all the trials are done. If KC is aquitted, she could sell her story and make a ton of money. Any judgements in the civil trial might lock up those funds if any come to her in the future.

The witness list seems like over-kill, but I imagine they know what they are doing!

I think that ZG is wise to continue with this case. Although KC has nothing now, who knows that in the future she doesn't get some sort of financial gain after all the trials are done. If KC is aquitted, she could sell her story and make a ton of money. Any judgements in the civil trial might lock up those funds if any come to her in the future.

The witness list seems like over-kill, but I imagine they know what they are doing![/QUOTE]

There are a lot of experts here, but I believe JM's plan is brilliant-Prove defamation by excluding his client or ANY Zenaida as a suspect in Caylee's murder. If there were a real Zenaida, but not this lady, the defense could say she was just the victim of the circumstances of an investigation, and she might not have a suit. Morgan has to exclude all possibilities.
He can exclude them by presenting the case that Casey Anthony killed her child. Basically, John Morgan wants to try Casey Anthony for murder so as to rule out his client as a murderer. Love it, but not sure how much will be allowed in Judge R.'s courtroom.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bosie