2010 Ntl. Crime Victims Rights Week - April 18-24th!

terminatrixator

All Posts JMO - May Godspeed Justice for Janet and
Reaction score
Office for Victims of Crime has announced that this year National Crime Victims' Rights Week will be held April 18 - April 24, 2010.

The theme this year is "Crime Victims' Rights: Fairness. Dignity. Respect."

http://ovc.ncjrs.gov/ncvrw2010/index.html

I believe Durham starts announcing their activities for April sometime in March.

In April of 2006 a vigil was hosted in Durham by Janet's family and friends and even some members of WS were there. The news seems to show footage of that day often, which is nice to see.

Durham Police Department with the help of several organizations including Parents of Murdered Children have been hosting various activities during NCVRW every year since then and news articles shows Janet's family have attended each year.

I will keep looking for updates on line for information regarding Durham's activities for those that are interested.

I would love to go there again, say, when the Guilty verdict is announced. I wish I could go for the trial, but may swing a trip back down just for that, kind of a full circle thing for JUSTICE for Janet, her unborn child and her family and friends. I still have my ribbon that is still pinned on my jean jacket that I wore down there for the at the vigil. My oldest lives down there, (that's him with me at the plaza where the vigil was held) and he was very happy when I called and told him that Raven was finally arrested.
We have been talking about a possible trip back when the time comes.

Attachments

• Michael2006.jpg
    Michael2006.jpg
    54 KB · Views: 12
What a great picture, and that would be great if you can go. I definitely am planning on going. I think it will be awesome if people can go to the trial and we can get together.

On the one year anniversary of Janet's murder Raven was in his attorney's office signing papers on his bankruptcy. The following weekend he went on a biking trip.

He has NEVER gone to North Carolina for their Crime Victims' Rights Week and actually this will be the first time he will be in Durham on the Anniversary of Janet's murder, the 5 Year Anniversary.

Fairness, Dignity and Respect, this years NCVRW theme, something the Christiansens' have shown for five years now.

What a great picture, and that would be great if you can go. I definitely am planning on going. I think it will be awesome if people can go to the trial and we can get together.

On the one year anniversary of Janet's murder Raven was in his attorney's office signing papers on his bankruptcy. The following weekend he went on a biking trip.

He has NEVER gone to North Carolina for their Crime Victims' Rights Week and actually this will be the first time he will be in Durham on the Anniversary of Janet's murder, the 5 Year Anniversary.

Fairness, Dignity and Respect, this years NCVRW theme, something the Christiansens' have shown for five years now.
Bolded by me.

Trix, IMO you are totally correct. The Christiansen family is a real class act and I love that the theme this year is Fairness, Dignity and Respect. Something that I feel is lacking in Raven's life. He probably never experienced in his childhood and we all see where that's got him.

On a completely other note:

Jax: didn't I take that photo? Since we met during the Peterson trial some of the only photos of me that I like were taken by YOU! My FB profile picture is the one you took of me at the vigil for Janet in Durham and the other photo I use is the one you took of me when we were here in CA up at the big redwoods. When you come to CA in April you should probably come here and take a few new ones for me! LOL!

Bolded by me.

Trix, IMO you are totally correct. The Christiansen family is a real class act and I love that the theme this year is Fairness, Dignity and Respect. Something that I feel is lacking in Raven's life. He probably never experienced in his childhood and we all see where that's got him.

On a completely other note:

Jax: didn't I take that photo? Since we met during the Peterson trial some of the only photos of me that I like were taken by YOU! My FB profile picture is the one you took of me at the vigil for Janet in Durham and the other photo I use is the one you took of me when we were here in CA up at the big redwoods. When you come to CA in April you should probably come here and take a few new ones for me! LOL!

Yes indeed L my friend, that is a pic that was taken by you. As you have come to know since we became friends, I hate to be photographed but the only ones I will show anyone are the ones that you have taken of me, and that one at the Vigil is one of my favorites.

Back on the topic....I do find it it very telling that you, I and many others from here and other sites like this, traveled from all over this country, not ever having known, let alone met Janet or her loved ones, to show support and seek justice for her. Yet the only time Rav has been back since he high tailed it out of town is because of the reasons stated in Term's last post. I hope he likes his stay this time because if Lady Justice has room at the Inn for him, he will be a permanent resident.

http://www.nc-van.org/garden.html

NC Victim Assistance Network has posted their ceremonies this year:

NCVAN Crime Victims' Rights Week Garden Ceremony
April 21, 2010 11:00 a.m.

NCVAN Crime Victim Memorial Garden,
Downtown Raleigh, NC

The NC Victim Assistance Network will host its Memorial Ceremony in honor of National Crime Victims' Rights Week on April 21st in our garden on the corner of Wilmington and Lane Streets in Downtown Raleigh. Please join us for this commemoration.

http://i372.photobucket.com/albums/oo169/terminatrixator/Memorial gardens/P1010150.jpg

http://i372.photobucket.com/albums/oo169/terminatrixator/Memorial gardens/P1010151.jpg

http://i372.photobucket.com/albums/oo169/terminatrixator/Memorial gardens/P1010157.jpg

http://www.durhampolice.com/units/ncvr_week.cfm

How do I get involved in National Crime Victims’ Rights Week?

The Victim Services Unit of the Durham Police Department coordinates Durham’s National Crime Victim’s Rights Week observance each year. To find out ways you can be involved or for more information contact:
Durham Police Department Victim Services Unit
District 1 Substation
921 Holloway Street 27701
(919) 560-4951

2010 National Crime Victims’ Rights Week & Schedule of Events

This year’s observance of National Crime Victims' Rights Week (NCVRW), April 19-24, 2010, calls on the nation to consider the life-changing impact crime has on victims loved ones, and to make justice for all victims an urgent priority for neighborhoods. During the past four decades there has been tremendous progress in securing and strengthening legal rights, protections and services for victims. The history of the victims' rights movement is a collaborative effort of victims, victim advocates and numerous other concerned citizens who have worked tirelessly to give some semblance of hope and justice to all those who have both directly and indirectly effected by crime.

The 2010 NCVRW theme "Crime Victims’ Rights: Fair¬ness. Dignity. Respect." recalls the ideals that inspired the victims’ rights movement and the laws, services, and awareness advocates seek to build and promote.

These basic human rights - particularly crucial in times of crisis - resonate with victims, service providers, and all the visionaries who helped make these ideals a reality.

Annual March Against Violence

April 21, 2010
7:30 p.m.

Starts in front of police headquarters, 505 W. Chapel Hill Street
Please assist the Vitim Services Unit with getting the word out by inviting family, friends and neighbors to the March Against Violence. For information, contact Latasha Bembury by e-mail or at (919) 560-4951, ext.2.

Lighting a candle every day this week for National Crime Victims' Rights Week and every single day leading up to the five year anniversary of the brutal murder of Janet Marie Christiansen Abaroa and her unborn child.

Though Raven is in jail, where he belongs, Kaiden is still without his mother and it's sad to know that even though Raven's behind bars Janet's family can't talk to or spend time with Janet ever again. Raven gets his calls and funds pouring in to pay for his treats and letters from his family. Heck, he even gets to socialize in jail and I'm willing to bet he's on his way to becoming quite the spiritual guy and finding his way back to the Heavenly Father. Yeah, we hear that all the time.

What's even more sad is that all these years Kaiden had been so out of reach because Raven withheld Janet's son from her family, allowing only sparse visitation, by them flying out to see Kaiden, and it was on Raven's will, and now the woman that raised Raven is still holding Kaiden from Janet's family.

Its always about winning, at all costs, never about doing the right thing, I'm sure Raven learned this somewhere, along with a lot of his other narcissistic ways. I found it funny that on a blog someone wrote Raven was kicked out at the age of 15 by his Mom and he had a horrible childhood and the person basically blamed the Mom, as though that is a reason behind him being a sociopath. She's now raising Kaiden, which is frightening to me.

I am sure once the trial comes, there will be more re victimization of Janet and her family and friends all in the name of getting a man that took away Janet's free will to live, out of jail. Defense attorneys will do what they can to get their client out of jail, whether he's innocent or in this case, stone cold guilty.

Lots of stories like this one throughout the US, please say a prayers for Justice for the family & friends of murdered victims. Victimization starts with the crime but it never seems to end.

People need to always remember the victims and their families and learn what it is to do the right thing.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rangelmcguire
Back