GUILTY NY - Woman who falsely accused man of rape, sending him to prison, gets 1-3 years

Could not agree more, porkchop. What this woman did is horrendous. And all because she didn't want to admit to her friends that she did blow them off to go for a ride in this man's car.

Unbelievable.

Good, should have been longer. Now, she looks like she's got money, I hope he files against her in civil court, at least for the four years of lost wages, I sure as heck would.

As much as I hate a rapist, I hate a woman that makes it harder to prosecute the rapists even more.

This "woman" should serve as long as he did and then a few more years on top of it.

What an injustice. This woman ruins this man's life and because of her lies he loses his freedom for 4 years. He also had to endure all the trauma of being arrested and labeled a rapist when he knew he wasnt.

With her only getting one to three years she will probably be out in 2 at the max.

I think those who falsely accuse someone of a horrible violent crime should receive a very harsh punishment and her sentence is not nearly hard enough.

imo

I hate hearing about this crap. this is a terrible thing to do cause you arent just injuring the supposed rapist, you're screwing it up for all victims of sexual assault.

I would really like to see the court documents in this case.

As they would have had to have more evidence than just her word for a conviction, there would have to be evidence of a sex assault to get a conviction. The dectectives for those crimes put a victim thought the ringer really.
With the guilt that beseiges a victim of these type of crimes and the emotional wreck it causes. Convincing yourself it was your fault and feeling bad for the guy is something that happens. Not saying it did in this case but it does happen.

I find it odd the girl was shallow enough to say that to blow her friends off and deep enough then admit after for years she lied. People who dont like accept responciblity for their actions dont want stuff to be their fault.
It could be the case but after going though something as hard as a sexaul assault and the aftermath is really hard and If nothing happened it is truely a terrible crime she commited agaisnt him. This case bugs me.

stuff like this makes it so much harder for actual rape victims to come foward.

As they would have had to have more evidence than just her word for a conviction, there would have to be evidence of a sex assault to get a conviction. The dectectives for those crimes put a victim thought the ringer really.
With the guilt that beseiges a victim of these type of crimes and the emotional wreck it causes. Convincing yourself it was your fault and feeling bad for the guy is something that happens. Not saying it did in this case but it does happen.

I find it odd the girl was shallow enough to say that to blow her friends off and deep enough then admit after for years she lied. People who dont like accept responciblity for their actions dont want stuff to be their fault.
It could be the case but after going though something as hard as a sexaul assault and the aftermath is really hard and If nothing happened it is truely a terrible crime she commited agaisnt him. This case bugs me.

Actually there doesn't have to be "a lot more evidence than just her word." If the jury believed what she was saying he could have been convicted on her word alone.

As they would have had to have more evidence than just her word for a conviction, there would have to be evidence of a sex assault to get a conviction. The detectives for those crimes put a victim thought the ringer really.

I find it odd the girl was shallow enough to say that to blow her friends off and deep enough then admit after for years she lied. People who don't like accept responsibility for their actions don't want stuff to be their fault.
It could be the case but after going though something as hard as a sexual assault and the aftermath is really hard and If nothing happened it is truly a terrible crime she committed against him. This case bugs me.

This is the scary thing about a he said/she said story and yes often times there is a conviction if the jury believes the so called victim rather than the accused.

Just like other cases where they had no direct evidence but the defendant was convicted on eye witness testimony alone when the defendant was innocent the entire time.

It is appalling what this woman did and it is disgusting that it took her four years to decide to grow a conscience. What if this man had been attacked, raped or killed in prison.

She should have gotten more time than she made an innocent man serve imo.

imo

Only 1-3 years?? She should serve at least as much time as he unjustly served!

IMO, that woman should at least do an equal amount of time that he served, if not longer.
Not only did she cry sheep for all those women who are really raped, she also ruined a man's life for no reason!

2011:

A construction worker who served almost four years in prison for a rape he did not commit has a filed a $30million suit against the city.

William McCaffrey, 34, says in court papers that police officers knew he didn't inflict bite wounds on purported victim Biurny Peguero, but that they actually came from a drunken brawl with her girlfriends after a night of club-hopping...

Mr McCaffrey, from the Bronx, alleges that prosecutors 'impugned' his 'truthful evidence' regarding the bites in front of jurors, then sat on Peguero's recantation of her false allegations for two months after learning she had confessed to her priest, the New York Post reports.

In addition, the suit says prosecutors 'continued to oppose McCaffrey's release' despite defence DNA testing that proved one of Peguero's friends, Aurora Pujols, had bitten her.

'As a result of these actions... McCaffrey served at least five additional months in prison before he was finally released on September 1, 2009,' the suit added.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...-sues-New-York-City-30m-false-rape-claim.html

Just saw this on 20/20, hope he wins his lawsuit...

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
megalow
Back