1288 users online (245 members and 1043 guests)  

The Killing Season - Websleuths

Websleuths News

Three things cannot be long hidden: the sun, the moon, and the truth. Buddha

TX - Katy Newspaper Editor Investigated 4 "chatting" with young girls via the 'Net.

The Fort Bend County Sheriff’s Office said it is investigating the interim publisher and sports editor of the Katy Times after he allegedly posed as two former Katy High football players to lure girls into chatting electronically.
    *snip*
    http://www.katytimes.com/articles/20...9304931713.txt

Here we go again. How many guys are there like this one out there.
    Tricia
    Help our Administrator Bessie
    Check out Websleuths Facebook page
    Follow Websleuths on Twitter
    Read Websleuths on
    Wikipedia

Tricia Griffith
    triciastruecrimeradio@gmail.com
    6300 N. Sage Wood Drive
    Suite H # 214
    Park City UT

It truly amazes me that people are willing to give up everything for a few moments of sexual fantasy. This man had a good career that will probably never recover.

thanks tricia.....i've been following this story and the comments for a week. I can't wait to get the full story if/when they do file charges. Reading the comments, it looks like he was trying to get racy pics of local atheletes hot moms too....this is so sick, i feel sorry for his wife he just married last summer

what bothers me the most is this guy covered almost all youth sports in katy for the katy times so that put him in the perfect position that he could have done more than just "chat".....grrrrrrrrr. I hate the internet sometimes.
    Last edited by tk71texas; 02-24-2010 at 10:50 AM.

It's 5 o'clock somewhere

Thanks for posting this. We need a new Professional Category. Our local editor (who was also a teacher) is doing time in state prison for not only "chatting" but for rape. Check out the name Scot Bolsinger in Ashland, OR. Who better than an editor to be a great writer and "persuader"?

http://www.theworldlink.com/articles...b858368572.txt

Speaking of youth sports and our valley. Remember, access to kids:

http://www.oregonlive.com/clackamasc..._in_onlin.html

"......Rasmussen pleaded guilty in February to online sexual corruption of a child. He was arrested last fall after setting up a meeting in Clackamas County with a fictitious 13-year-old girl. Prior to that, he had tried to arrange a meeting with an 11-year-old girl. In both cases, a police officer pretended to be the girl.

and

"Rasmussen is well-known in the Medford area, where he served as a radio announcer for high school games and was active in several organizations, including Rogue Valley Youth for Christ."

more at link

This slimeball was represented by the same attorney who represented our children's rapist. Note that she says that he just "needs to put his life back together". Grrrrrr

Quote Originally Posted by Missizzy View Post
    Speaking of youth sports and our valley. Remember, access to kids:

http://www.oregonlive.com/clackamasc..._in_onlin.html

"......Rasmussen pleaded guilty in February to online sexual corruption of a child. He was arrested last fall after setting up a meeting in Clackamas County with a fictitious 13-year-old girl. Prior to that, he had tried to arrange a meeting with an 11-year-old girl. In both cases, a police officer pretended to be the girl.

and

"Rasmussen is well-known in the Medford area, where he served as a radio announcer for high school games and was active in several organizations, including Rogue Valley Youth for Christ."

more at link

This slimeball was represented by the same attorney who represented our children's rapist. Note that she says that he just "needs to put his life back together". Grrrrrr
    jeesh. the sad thing is the lawyer will probably sell this to a judge as a mistake.......we've seen this a thousand times

Yeah, kbl, you're right....guys make little mistakes like that all the time--driving 300 miles north to meet up with a 13 year old girl (and that was only after the "date" with the 11 year old fell through). Ooops. Too bad for Rasmussen, the judge didn't buy it as they had quite a bit of cyber evidence.

You'll note that he was harshly punished with 60 days in jail and ordered to attend a sex offender treatment program. He'll never try that again.

I've heard through the grapevine that while he's not to have unsupervised contact with minors, he has been seen in the company of minors. By the way, his live-in girlfriend ran a program for disabled children.

Back on topic--our local editor got a whopping 20 months--and was chastised for "a violation of trust".