Not open for further replies.

Salem

Former Member
Reaction score
Please continue here.

[ame="http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=67963"]Thread 1[/ame]

Thank you,

Salem

:Welcome-12-june: to mymomshirlee and krl15182819. It is good to see you here. We have many sleuths here that are very interested in seeing JUSTICE for Shirlee and Thomas.

mymomshirlee and krl15182819 - Websleuths has a policy of asking any of our post, that post as a family member or someone with a close tie to the crime/victim, to contact the forum owner, Tricia, and let her know that you are posting here. You can reach Tricia at: Tricia Griffith
tgrif@xmission.com

All you need to do is send her a quick email and let her know which case you are associated with and Tricia will take it from there.

Thank you,

Salem

I am mainly a lurker on this thread but I have to say I find it very odd the Hunters have not reached out to Shirlee's family. Did they attend her funeral? I cannot recall. I wonder if they blame her for their son's death ( I am not saying that is justified) either because she let this person in the house or because they think she was the target and their son was an innocent bystander. Personally I have always felt like it was the other way around.

It is very nice to have members of Shirlee's family posting her and giving her a voice. Please don't be offended by things which have been posted here. At Websleuths we try to analyze a case from every different angle that can be thought of. I think Shirlee sounds like she was a caring, genuine and special woman and I sincerely hope her murderer will be caught someday.

I don't really follow this thread - but find the discussion of Shirlee letting the person in the house interesting. My thought is - if in fact Shirlee let the perp in the house, is it because he had a gun? He showed it to Shirlee but the neighbor could not see it?

Salem

Salem,

As the originator of the original thread I was just wondering, why the second one? Is there a limit on the number of posts one thread can have? Just wondering and appreciate your efforts.

Welcome to mymomshirlee and krl15182819! I am pleased that you have joined us.

Please accept my sincerest condolences on the tragic loss of your mom. When I saw her picture, my first thought was what beautiful and kind eyes she has. Just wanted you to know that.

Please know that we have sleuthed many angles here. Some content is unpoplular or controversial (you probably know what I mean if you've read the whole thread) and we mean no disrespect. It is just the unpleasant side of sleuthing.

Please know that if I or anyone asks questions that you are unable to answer for whatever reason please just say so. No pressure. But please do notify Tricia as has been asked so she can verify your identity.

WS has recently received praise from LEA's in two separate cases that our sleuths have helped solve. We want to see Justice for Shirlee and Tom so please hang in there with us.

I can't to pretend to imagine the hurt and pain of losing Shirlee in such a brutal manner and my heart goes out to you for your loss. I (we) only want to help and have genuinly good intentions.

I am glad that you both have joined us. If you have any questions, just ask. We are here to help.

Peace be with you.

Sincerely,
wm

I am mainly a lurker on this thread but I have to say I find it very odd the Hunters have not reached out to Shirlee's family. Did they attend her funeral? I cannot recall. I wonder if they blame her for their son's death ( I am not saying that is justified) either because she let this person in the house or because they think she was the target and their son was an innocent bystander. Personally I have always felt like it was the other way around.

It is very nice to have members of Shirlee's family posting her and giving her a voice. Please don't be offended by things which have been posted here. At Websleuths we try to analyze a case from every different angle that can be thought of. I think Shirlee sounds like she was a caring, genuine and special woman and I sincerely hope her murderer will be caught someday.

Hi gaia, I could be mistaken and need to look for a link but to the best of my recollection, both Tom and Shirlee's funerals were scheduled on the same day and time but at different locations. I thought this was a bit odd but considered that perhaps LE asked for the funerals to be held simultaneously so they could scope out the services separately for a suspect. This was the only reason I could imagine for this. It seems if Shirlee worked for the Hunters for 15 years as mymomshirlee has stated that the families would wish to mourn together. Perhaps mms can shed light on why/how this decision was made as I know others besides myself was curious why/how this occured.

wm

mymomshirlee and krl15182819: I have contacted a moderator and you are both now enabled to send and receive private messages, out of the sight of persons viewing the board. I may contact either or both of you via this method in the next few days. We are very glad you joined us.

Salem,

As the originator of the original thread I was just wondering, why the second one? Is there a limit on the number of posts one thread can have? Just wondering and appreciate your efforts.

I was wondering the same thing.

I don't really follow this thread - but find the discussion of Shirlee letting the person in the house interesting. My thought is - if in fact Shirlee let the perp in the house, is it because he had a gun? He showed it to Shirlee but the neighbor could not see it?

Salem

...that's the way I've always figured he gained entry into the home....

welcome mms and krl....

I am so sorry for your loss....and am so glad that you two are here on Shirlee's behalf. I, too, feel that it's unthinkable the Hunters did not reach out to your family or express sympathy, especially with both families sharing grief through this horrible event. How odd that they would react in that manner.....I don't get it and probably never will.

One thing I have wondered about and I don't think it was ever clarified earlier....was Shirlee supposed to be at work at the Hunters' on that day? Or was she there covering due to Mrs. Hunter being out of town, Hawaii, I believe (?), when this occurred?

Thank you so much for joining us here.

I don't know how some neighbor could tell who opened the door the day of the murders unless they had binoculars zoned in on the doorway. Since there was a half eaten sandwich on the dining room table, I've always felt like Thomas had put his game on pause to come upstairs and eat the sandwich. If so, he would have been in the dining room and would most likely have been the one to open the door. After all, he lived there and I don't think he would wait for the housekeeper to come and open the front door. He may have even been expecting someone to bring something by that afternoon.

I don't know how some neighbor could tell who opened the door the day of the murders unless they had binoculars zoned in on the doorway. Since there was a half eaten sandwich on the dining room table, I've always felt like Thomas had put his game on pause to come upstairs and eat the sandwich. If so, he would have been in the dining room and would most likely have been the one to open the door. After all, he lived there and I don't think he would wait for the housekeeper to come and open the front door. He may have even been expecting someone to bring something by that afternoon.

That's an excellent point Yellowdog. If Shirlee's family claim that under no circumstances would she open the door at a client's house, then it would seem logical that Tommy would have answered the door. The half-eaten sandwich is consistent with that scenario, although not proof by any means.

That's an excellent point Yellowdog. If Shirlee's family claim that under no circumstances would she open the door at a client's house, then it would seem logical that Tommy would have answered the door. The half-eaten sandwich is consistent with that scenario, although not proof by any means.

This of course brings up the possibility that Tommy was expecting someone. Most kids, mine included, prefer to eat their snacks while on their video game or watching TV which in this case was in the basement.
Given the family statements re Shirlee's policy of caution, it would fit that Tommy opened the door. If this was a hired killer he probably couldn't believe his luck!

Of course we're all surmising that the killer was the man in the SUV who entered the front door. The killer could have actually entered through the side door or the back door and exited the same way. I'm still not convinced that LE shouldn't be looking in the neighborhood for their killer. Thomas could have even taken a schoolmate home from school with him and it could have been a jealousy thing over possessions or something like that.

A thought just ran through my mind. Was there more than one person who claimed to have seen the SUV and the olive skinned man enter the Hunter home? If not, I'd be checking out that witness very closely.

IIRC, there were a couple of neighbors who happened to see the man park the car and walk up to the front door. I'll have to go back and re-read to confirm but I'm fairly certain.

Found this floating around on my FB page.
this is coming up on 2 years, still no leads, still no suspects. If we can pass around the the color of our bra's in a matter of days. I would ask that instead of posting a comment on this that you instead re post this to your wall. With that said please be diligent to your neighborhoods and never open the door if you... are not expecting someone. http://www.omaha.com/article/20091025/NEWS01/710259859See More

Also a if you come across anymore ridiculous websites where people who have no time other than to speculate their conspiracy plots, Please pass this on the police so they can monitor them for information
Thought it is great that people are still keeping the story out there...The second comment gave me a chuckle. I am sure some people would define WS as one of those places...*raised eyebrows* So, c'mon people...quit tossing around speculation and conspiracy plots.

Found this floating around on my FB page.
Thought it is great that people are still keeping the story out there...The second comment gave me a chuckle. I am sure some people would define WS as one of those places...*raised eyebrows* So, c'mon people...quit tossing around speculation and conspiracy plots.

Appreciate your point, however my main concern is to keep interest in this case alive. If we have to put up with some conspiracy plots and speculation, so be it.
Saturday will be the two year anniversary of this crime. The killer or killers are still out there somewhere. This appears to have been without motive, but I think there was one. Let's hope that someone in LE doesn't decide to let a killer go free to protect the good name of Creighton or maybe of one of the families.

A thought just ran through my mind. Was there more than one person who claimed to have seen the SUV and the olive skinned man enter the Hunter home? If not, I'd be checking out that witness very closely.

http://www.ketv.com/news/18726316/detail.html

Dr. William Hunter states in this interview that they aren't certain who answered the door. Also, two different witnesses saw the olive skinned man.

Hope this helps answer some questions.

wm

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members