649 users online (79 members and 570 guests)  

Websleuths News

Page 3 of 47 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by colette View Post
    They need to plaster the news with the "guy at the door" picture. Right now it sounds like it's all they have and they aren't using it. The longer it is before they show it, the less people will connect him to crime. What are the odds he isn't the killer?? Two different people saw him at the door around the time of the murders. Show the picture. As for the internet connection ... what took so long? That should have been looked at long before now.
    The internet connection was suggested on this board by myself and others back in early 2009. Why it took them so long to come around to that mystifies me. The biggest thing I had to make the connection was Tom's age and the fact that he was computer savvy. My reasoning took me the rest of the way. I think LE spent too much time focusing on the wrong people, assuming that Mrs Sherman was the target.
    If LE is putting this out in a release how far away can they be now? I feel some hope here, folks.
    'Never stop fighting..never give up'

Kevin Kostner as Eliott Ness in 'The Untouchables'

I remember that snick, so I wonder what took them so long to look at it? I hope something turns up soon, but time is ticking while they keep a big clue (the picture) from the public.

Hunter Website

A web site apparently set up by the Hunter family:

http://solvethomashuntermurder.tumblr.com/

Note our discusion is labeled as 'largely uninformed'. I will accept that. We are mostly trying to keep this out there. Some serious leads have been developed mostly out of sight from casual viewers of this thread and referrals made to OPD. We all want the same thing- justice for Tom and Shirlee. Good luck to whoever set this up, you have our best wishes.

Maybe NOW would be a good time to accept America's Most Wanted invitation for help.

Quote Originally Posted by Snick1946 View Post
    A web site apparently set up by the Hunter family:

http://solvethomashuntermurder.tumblr.com/

Note our discusion is labeled as 'largely uninformed'. I will accept that. We are mostly trying to keep this out there. Some serious leads have been developed mostly out of sight from casual viewers of this thread and referrals made to OPD. We all want the same thing- justice for Tom and Shirlee. Good luck to whoever set this up, you have our best wishes.
    Thank you for sharing the link, Snick. This is a wonderful compilation of the newsmedia articles which should be helpful for references sake. I am glad to see continued of awareness of this case.

Hi collette, It's good to see you again. I can only wonder if there was a reason that OPD turned down AMW? Like maybe, OPD knows who they are looking for and are on an evidence gathering mission in order to make an arrest.

I inferred, from the latest news story, that the computer forensics work is time consuming, coupled with the fact that there are two victims. I am encouraged that OPD gave an update. I think there must be some progress going on. All MOO but am keeping the faith.

wm
    ...and be sure your sin will find you out.

Numbers,32:23

Giving a bump for Tom and Shirlee.

I thought maybe the police actually had something and were making this press push to maybe smoke out someone. But after watching the video of the report, the police seem to have almost nothing and to be grasping at straws that should already have been taken care of.

The thing about computer forensics and especially a victim's internet access is that it's all logged and documented and thus very easy to trace (as long as it's done in a timely manner). And the exceptions to that or the attempts to circumvent that logging (proxies and such) really stand out. If there were anything, they should've had it 2 years ago. Because logs do get deleted/cleared over time. Entire internet companies and internet hosts, not to mention individual websites, are created and go out of business in that time-frame.

Oh well.
    Last edited by thesaint; 03-23-2010 at 11:44 PM.

I found this story interesting. Apparently, some people are serious enough about their video games that they DO resort to violence. Thankfully, this young man survived being stabbed in the head.

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,...est=latestnews

wm....shaking head....

I'm adding these links because Tom's online games have been a topic of discussion in our theories. Counter-Strike is the game this young man was playing when attacked. I wonder what games Tom played?

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,...est=latestnews

Please don't take this as negative speak about Tom at all, but IMO some of these online gamers are really detached from reality. I guess from living in a cyber world. Tom didn't seem to be that caught up to that extent from descriptions of him and his activities. But I'm sure he was probably good at it because he was a bright young man...good student, outside activities like basketball, etc. It would be awful to learn that Tom and Shirlee were murdered for such a senseless reason.

Anyway, just attempting to keep the discussion going so that Tom and Shirlee's thread doesn't fall to page 3.

prayers for the families.....

wm

I was going back over some old press articles about these killings and something hit me- maybe nothing but Dr Hunter in his interviews referred to entering the house that evening though the back door, hanging up his coat then finding the housekeeper dead.
    Was the back door locked?
    In other words did he unlock and let himself in or did he find it open and unlocked. That would have some bearing on whether the perp entered and left that way.
    It'd be interesting to know if the front door was locked or unlocked but we may never know. Assuming he let himself in with a key it would seem that the perp entered and left via the front door. I.E. someone let him in.
    Maybe nothing but sometimes small things matter a lot.

Quote Originally Posted by Snick1946 View Post
    I was going back over some old press articles about these killings and something hit me- maybe nothing but Dr Hunter in his interviews referred to entering the house that evening though the back door, hanging up his coat then finding the housekeeper dead.
    Was the back door locked?
    In other words did he unlock and let himself in or did he find it open and unlocked. That would have some bearing on whether the perp entered and left that way.
    It'd be interesting to know if the front door was locked or unlocked but we may never know. Assuming he let himself in with a key it would seem that the perp entered and left via the front door. I.E. someone let him in.
    Maybe nothing but sometimes small things matter a lot.

Or did they feel secure enough in that neighborhood to leave the backdoor unlocked during the daytime when someone was home? If the killer entered through the backdoor, he would have encountered Shirlee first. I would be curious as to where the door to the basement is in regards to where Shirlee was found. In other words, could he have heard her scream, came up the stairs and was backed into the dining room by the killer?

This would certainly open possibilities that the man in the topcoat carrying the satchel was not even the killer.

Interesting possibilities there, Snick.
    YellowDog

These are my opinions only and should not be misconstrued as factual.

To Ryuzaki

Ryuzaki- if you still have any interest in this case can you please respond to the messages I have left on your member page. This is important. Many thanks and hope to see you back on the board soon.

Hi Snick, I was just thinking of Ryuzaki yesterday and wondered what happened to him. He was working on a theory, last I remember. I hope he is doing ok.

I'd like to take this opportunity to wish one and all a restful and peaceful holiday weekend. I pray for the families of Tom and Shirlee as well as all families of crime victims. It is such a shame that another holiday is upon us and the Sherman's and Hunter's have no answers or resolution for their murdered loved ones after all this time.

respectfully, wm
    Last edited by waltzingmatilda; 04-02-2010 at 05:43 PM. Reason: sp

Hi All,

I was listening to Headline news and caught a blurp ... A housekeeper answered the door at a home. A man showed her an official looking document and tried to gain entry. She refused and said she would have to call the homeowners. He pushed his way inside and hit her in the head with a hammer.

Evidently the man told her he was going to kidnap her and demand a ransom. I googled the story but could not find it. Anyone else hear the City name it occurred in? I was reminded of a few aspects of this crime. Not saying the aforementioned is related, just thought it might spark some new discussion in this case. Sad ... had to go back to the third page to find this thread ...

Hi Knox, I'm happy to hear from you and thanks for bumping up the thread.

Do you recall on which day you heard this story? Perhaps we can check the HLN archives by date.

tx, wm

Page 3 of 47 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 ... LastLast