941 users online (121 members and 820 guests)  


Websleuths News


Page 4 of 47 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 14 ... LastLast
Results 46 to 60 of 694
  1. #46
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Heart of America
    Posts
    1,571
    I saw the video last night- got in after it started and did not catch the location. I found the similarities chilling.
    You have to wonder if the killer was some creep who was looking for someone to abduct? Shirlee would have fought him, maybe Tom came up to see what was going on, etc. The guy may not have gone in with intent to kill but things got out of hand and maybe he grabbed knives from the kitchen.
    If anyone saw this video please let us know where this was and if the guy got caught.
    'Never stop fighting..never give up'

    Kevin Kostner as Eliott Ness in 'The Untouchables'

  2. #47
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    in the moment
    Posts
    6,605
    I have searched both the CNN/HLN sites...to no avail. Do either of you recall the reporter's name?
    ...and be sure your sin will find you out.

    Numbers,32:23

  3. #48
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Bellevue, NE
    Posts
    97
    Was this it? Link

  4. #49
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    in the moment
    Posts
    6,605
    Thank you Omaha. The profile mug shot does resemble the composite sketch in Tom and Shirlee's case, IMO. It will be interesting to follow this story for any additional charges. I wonder if this guy's m.o. was to follow/stalk the housekeeper in order to target certain homes in upper class neighborhoods. The article didn't state in what type of neighborhood this occured, but I infer that in must be an affluent one. (Who can afford a house keeper in this economy?) Do you know the distance between McAllen and Omaha?

    wm
    Last edited by waltzingmatilda; 04-07-2010 at 12:53 PM. Reason: parenthesis
    ...and be sure your sin will find you out.

    Numbers,32:23

  5. #50
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    in the moment
    Posts
    6,605
    That poor housekeeper. Thank goodness she survived the attack! What kind of crazy fiend attacks someone with a HAMMER?!
    ...and be sure your sin will find you out.

    Numbers,32:23

  6. #51
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Heart of America
    Posts
    1,571
    Quote Originally Posted by waltzingmatilda View Post
    Thank you Omaha. The profile mug shot does resemble the composite sketch in Tom and Shirlee's case, IMO. It will be interesting to follow this story for any additional charges. I wonder if this guy's m.o. was to follow/stalk the housekeeper in order to target certain homes in upper class neighborhoods. The article didn't state in what type of neighborhood this occured, but I infer that in must be an affluent one. (Who can afford a house keeper in this economy?) Do you know the distance between McAllen and Omaha?

    wm
    Probably not our guy but the parrallels are striking and he resembles the drawing. McAllen is in far south Texas on the Rio Grande and perhaps 1500 miles or so away from Omaha. If this guy is a drifter it bears looking into. I plan to follow for a few days then send a link to OPD- I am not going to assume they will catch any connection unless it is pointed out.
    'Never stop fighting..never give up'

    Kevin Kostner as Eliott Ness in 'The Untouchables'

  7. #52
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Bellevue, NE
    Posts
    97
    Quote Originally Posted by waltzingmatilda View Post
    Thank you Omaha. The profile mug shot does resemble the composite sketch in Tom and Shirlee's case, IMO. It will be interesting to follow this story for any additional charges. I wonder if this guy's m.o. was to follow/stalk the housekeeper in order to target certain homes in upper class neighborhoods. The article didn't state in what type of neighborhood this occured, but I infer that in must be an affluent one. (Who can afford a house keeper in this economy?) Do you know the distance between McAllen and Omaha?

    wm
    It's about a day's drive. Not too many similarities between Omaha and McAllen. Or a quick flight away.

    I agree you could infer a similarity to the original sketch, though it was my impression that the sketch has not been something the police have much faith in. I wonder though, how come there was video of this attack? Makes me think perhaps it was an office or apartment.

    Google Maps (LINK) makes it look like a residential area. Both cities do have fairly large hispanic populations.
    Last edited by omaha; 04-07-2010 at 01:18 PM.

  8. #53
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Bellevue, NE
    Posts
    97
    Interesting no valuables were taken. Similar to the Omaha case.

  9. #54
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Bellevue, NE
    Posts
    97
    Seems the suspect is from Donna, TX. Seems a stretch to tie it to this case, but possibly sheds light on possible motives for the Omaha case…

  10. #55
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Heart of America
    Posts
    1,571
    Quote Originally Posted by omaha View Post
    Seems the suspect is from Donna, TX. Seems a stretch to tie it to this case, but possibly sheds light on possible motives for the Omaha case…
    Also note his age is 19. This would have made him 17 at the time of the Omaha murders.
    He does resemble the composite but you could say the same for lots of other Hispanic males in this age range.
    I have often wondered if the Omaha killer didn't pose as a mail carrier or courrier and told Shirlee he had to have Tom's signature as a family member. Food for thought.
    'Never stop fighting..never give up'

    Kevin Kostner as Eliott Ness in 'The Untouchables'


  11. #56
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    in the moment
    Posts
    6,605
    When I changed the map to satellite view, the homes appear to be upscale with swimming pools in the back yards. Or perhaps they are apt complexes. There must have been surveillence cameras regardless.

    The McAllen perp posed as a maintenance worker and used a tool common to the trade as his weapon of choice. The perp in the H/S murders used a knife. Was he posing?

    There are definately some eerie similarities aside from the difference in weapon of choice. The Omaha perp seemed to disappear into thin air which indicates he possibly came from afar. JMO. My biggest reservation is that the McAllen guy would have been only 17 at the time Tom and Shirlee were killed.

    However, I think it's worth looking into. Thanks for the info all.

    wm
    Last edited by waltzingmatilda; 04-07-2010 at 05:09 PM. Reason: clarify
    ...and be sure your sin will find you out.

    Numbers,32:23

  12. #57
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Posts
    13,034
    Not likely that the 19 year old perp is involved in this case, but I will be watching to see if they pull any other suspects in for questioning.

    I do remember they interviewed "the Homeowner", after the Housekeeper was taken to the hospital, so this was a home. He said they were baffled and wondered if their home was being targeted. This was prior to the perp's arrest.

    I think about this case often. There are just so many darn possibilities it is impossible to say what the motive was. But when I heard the news blurp on the Texas case, I wondered if maybe someone was trying to kidnap Tom and it went badly. But I guess that does not make much sense. Perp parked in front of the house, sure he would not have dragged Tom out the front door and down to the curb ...

  13. #58
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    in the moment
    Posts
    6,605
    http://www.truecrimediary.com/index....ge=cases&id=51

    am bringing forth this early article on this case as there is a larger pic of the composite sketch for comparison with the McAllen perp.

    However, this article http://www.wowt.com/home/headlines/17003921.html, states that not even the race or age of the POI is clear and neighbors gave varying descriptions.

    Could this be some type of gang activity that is common M.O. across state lines? Targeting housekeepers of wealthy folks in order to get to the wealthy peoples stash. IMO if anyone ouside the family would know such private matters, it would be a housekeeper.

    17 seems awfully young to commit a double murder with knives and be so bold to walk back to the vehicle without causing suspicion and without any blood or disheveled appearance. But what do I know. Some of my former 5th grade students from the inner city were used as 'lookouts' for the drug dealers in the neighborhood. They were provided a cell phone to call the dealers if the 'po po' were spotted. My point is that the gang life begins at a young age! One former student is now serving a life sentence for murdering a man on his own front porch and he was only 18. He eluded police for awhile but they finally caught up with him.

    All MOO and stuff...

    wm
    ...and be sure your sin will find you out.

    Numbers,32:23

  14. #59
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Bellevue, NE
    Posts
    97
    Quote Originally Posted by waltzingmatilda View Post
    http://www.truecrimediary.com/index....ge=cases&id=51

    am bringing forth this early article on this case as there is a larger pic of the composite sketch for comparison with the McAllen perp.

    However, this article http://www.wowt.com/home/headlines/17003921.html, states that not even the race or age of the POI is clear and neighbors gave varying descriptions.

    Could this be some type of gang activity that is common M.O. across state lines? Targeting housekeepers of wealthy folks in order to get to the wealthy peoples stash. IMO if anyone ouside the family would know such private matters, it would be a housekeeper.

    17 seems awfully young to commit a double murder with knives and be so bold to walk back to the vehicle without causing suspicion and without any blood or disheveled appearance. But what do I know. Some of my former 5th grade students from the inner city were used as 'lookouts' for the drug dealers in the neighborhood. They were provided a cell phone to call the dealers if the 'po po' were spotted. My point is that the gang life begins at a young age! One former student is now serving a life sentence for murdering a man on his own front porch and he was only 18. He eluded police for awhile but they finally caught up with him.

    All MOO and stuff...

    wm
    I think this is pretty interesting as a theory. Cross-border gang activity… however, as someone above mentioned… this guy was caught. He was seen, his face was splashed on TV and he got turned in for $$. After the Omaha crime, they splashed that sketch EVERYWHERE, and a pretty sizable reward came up pretty quick. And nothing. I feel if it were gang related, someone would have snitched. Though it's definitely scarier to think about something that was completely isolated. Just my opinion.

  15. #60
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    in the moment
    Posts
    6,605
    I agree Omaha. The gang theory just doesn't fit in Tom and Shirlee's case, IMHO. However, I feel it's important to explore all options. The Omaha killer seems more sophisticated in his 'craft' than a gang member would be. The reason that I feel this way is the above article I linked said the wounds were similar on both victims, making it difficult to determine who was the actual target. Also, if gang related, certainly the ****s would have taken money from Shirlee's purse or other valuable items from the home. Sometimes I wonder if the perp planned to strike when both were present to add confusion to motive.

    If Shirlee were the target, why attack in the Hunter home shortly after Tom returned home from school? If Tom were the target then why attack a young boy on the day the housekeeper was present.

    Like Mrs. Hunter questioned in this article http://www.omaha.com/article/20091025/NEWS01/710259859 I question if the Hunter home was being case in the days preceding the murders.

    All JMO, of course.

    wm
    Last edited by waltzingmatilda; 04-13-2010 at 11:33 AM. Reason: sp
    ...and be sure your sin will find you out.

    Numbers,32:23

Page 4 of 47 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 14 ... LastLast


Similar Threads

  1. NE - Omaha Double Murder #3 - *Arrest Made*
    By Salem in forum Dr. Anthony Garcia
    Replies: 918
    Last Post: 08-04-2017, 05:38 PM
  2. Replies: 14
    Last Post: 07-04-2015, 09:47 PM
  3. GA - Eddie Finney, on Death Row, resentenced in 1977 double murder
    By Backwoods in forum Past Trial Discussion Threads
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 09-20-2013, 02:48 PM
  4. Replies: 135
    Last Post: 06-15-2011, 05:16 PM
  5. Omaha double murder
    By Snick1946 in forum Dr. Anthony Garcia
    Replies: 936
    Last Post: 02-25-2010, 01:12 PM