GUILTY TX - Zin Zhang for attempted murder, Houston, 2010

Texas Mist

Retired WS Staff
Reaction score
Baby Put in Bucket of Water, on Life Support

Updated: Thursday, 25 Feb 2010, 6:08 PM CST
Published : Thursday, 25 Feb 2010, 6:08 PM CST

HOUSTON - A 4-month-old is on life support after a frustrated woman allegedly tried to drown the crying baby into a bucket of water.

Zin Zhang, 34, appeared before a judge Thursday on a charge of injury to a child.

She is accused of placing an infant into a 5-gallon bucket of water while she and her father were trying to care for the ill child Monday, officials said.

more here

http://www.myfoxhouston.com/dpp/news/local/100225-woman-accused-trying-drown-child

Poor baby was sick :(

Prayers this little one recovers -- and that DCS & judges makes sure 'mom' never gets a chance to try to harm her again.

ETA: info @ link in my 2nd post in this thread says baby is a little girl.

OMG! WHY!
As a nation we need something.
When a mother gets that upset, someone she could turn to?
To many of our babies are being tortured and murdered .......

You set them down and walk away...Why aren't we screaming this from the rooftops?
We run PSA's on everything from prescription drugs to animal abuse, so why isn't anyone sponsoring the same thing to remind people to just walk away. Being overwhelmed by a crying baby doesn't mean that someone is a bad parent, not knowing when they have hit their threshold does.
That's when you get things like this. Something has got to give.

You set them down and walk away...Why aren't we screaming this from the rooftops?
We run PSA's on everything from prescription drugs to animal abuse, so why isn't anyone sponsoring the same thing to remind people to just walk away. Being overwhelmed by a crying baby doesn't mean that someone is a bad parent, not knowing when they have hit their threshold does.
That's when you get things like this. Something has got to give.

So sad -- she had time to think about this... it wasn't like there was a 5-gallon bucket sitting around filled with water...dad came home to find the baby in the bucket....'mom' had actually filled it up at the sink then put the baby in it. :(

http://www.click2houston.com/news/22667688/detail.html

a 4 month old baby sermerged in a bucket for god knows how long and on life support.

this isnt going to end well :(

:( Sending all the prayers I can for Claire Lan. Miracles do happen everyday. I pray your recovery is one of them. No comment from me on the mother's actions.

So heartbreaking. Friends of mine lost their first baby at birth and their second (8 months old) is awaiting a heart transplant. And this lowlife scum of a woman has a healthy baby and she tries to drown it. I am at a complete loss for words.

What's going on in Texas? Seems like I keep seeing thread titles marked "Texas," then fill in some horrible abuse against a child.

I can't even imagine being so angry as to do something harmful against anyone, least of all a child. Prayers, prayers, prayers...

It is horrible that this happened...but I don't think we should be so quick to flay this woman alive. Obviously she must have had some mental breakdown to do this, or was she just some psychopath all along? If that were the case, she probably wouldn't have gotten married or had children in the first place. She'd probably be in and out of the prison system.

I am always amazed at how easily we pounce on some, but others, also suffering from mental illnesses, we almost drown with sympathy.

Should she have sought help for whatever her "issue" was? Certainly. But maybe she was too embarrassed to admit she had a "problem", because maybe she ran into people who made her feel worthless as a mother for her inability to cope -- those who say..."why I'd never ________, or what is wrong with people who ______________, or maybe they shouldn't have kids in the first place."

And no, I've never contemplated harming my children in this way, but I have felt frustrated, and at the end of my rope. There but for the grace of God go I.... (or you.)

It's true that we can't imagine what kind of mental trauma has occured for a woman to do such a thing. And it's absolutely true that I can't imagine myself going through something so severe as to cause harm to my own children. When I think about it, I can certainly imagine myself causing harm to myself before I allowed by children to be hurt -- by me or anybody.

right now lets just hope for a miracle for the baby

I found a death record for a Claire Lan who was born in October 2009 and died in March 2011 :( ... Can't be certain it's the same baby, or if it is, whether she died from complications of the near-drowning or if she recovered and died of something unrelated.

Still looking for information on what became of her mother, Xin.Zhang.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
zipperoni
Back