Page 30 of 36 FirstFirst ... 2021222324252627282930313233343536 LastLast

Thread: CA - Chelsea King (17) Rancho Bernardo (north San Diego County)

Ted Bundy looked like an educated Yuppy going places in life, from first glance. I can see how he fooled women. However, this JAG guy looks like a total jackass. Whereas Bundy relied on his brains, JAG probably relied on his brawn.

2. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to MLE For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by tfrohning View Post
    Can you please tell me where Chelsa scanner thread is? I can't find it

TIA
    seesm to be in parking lot

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to cluciano63 For This Useful Post:

Public opinion is more on the 'outrage' and 'distressed' side of things today, by and large, at least. People are saddened at what seems to be the sad outcome inevitable in this case, and people are very angry that a) JAG wasn't being monitored more or whatever so he could any of these instances could have happened, and b) that he wasn't (apparently) examined closely enough (or at all) by Escondido PD when Amber went missing.

There is hope in the determination of the community and SD authorities that Chelsea will be found somehow, though, and that hopefully Amber's family will be given answers.

6. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to TravelingBug For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by tfrohning View Post
    Can you please tell me where Chelsa scanner thread is? I can't find it

TIA
    Here you go tfro

[ame="http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=96799"]Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community[/ame]

(members only thread guest)

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Dr. Know? For This Useful Post:

JVM's discussing Chelsea's case right now.
    What we are doing is just a drop in the ocean.
    But if that drop was not in the ocean,
    I think the ocean would be less because of that missing drop.
    ~~ Mother Theresa ~~

Where is Rachel Cooke? Missing since 10-Jan-2002
    Rachel's thread - WS
    RachelCookeSearch.org

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Texas Mist For This Useful Post:

KNSD (news 7) at 4:

The search is now RECOVERY not rescue.

Some of her clothing was found along the shoreline and that had his DNA on it.

Neighbors are outraged.

Witnesses say his pants were wet and a bit muddy from the knee down.

Neighbors are angry that the description from the December attack (which they ARE saying was JAG) wasn't made public because they would have found him before this.

They mention his history and his fascination with very young girls (which doesn't fit Chelsea or the other runner - and makes me increasingly thankful nothing happened at the elementary school right by JAG's family's home)

Chelsea's parents are still hoping she will be found.

Searchers and the community are even more determined to find answers and to find her, even with news of the arrest. Even Chargers players came out to search. (Way to go community!! Way to rally for one of our own!)

Her family is currently meeting with the DA to know what they will be facing.

JAG will be arraigned tomorrow.

They said it was a very rough day at Poway High and most of the campus (and community - per my own observations out and about) was dressed in blue and emotions are very high and parents are very concerned and worried about their own kids.
    Last edited by TravelingBug; 03-01-2010 at 08:06 PM. Reason: ETA

Helicopter just went overhead and many sirens just went past. Trying to see what's going on. (Still finishing today's photos and update)

Well, if he's registered up in Elsinore and they didn't have these accurate address records as the one company said in the press conference then I don't know why they would have looked at him in the Dec attack. They can't check every convicted sex offender in a 70 mile radius, which is what it would have been given his given address, correct?

Trying to filter through all the information and rumors. He was arrested at a restaurant on the lake? Is this correct?

15. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to sarx For This Useful Post:

no i guess they can't check all within 70 miles since there are so *&*^%^^% many of them...and there will be plenty of finger pointing and sencond guessing after this...what i wonder is how well publicized was the Dec 09 attack? Would Chelsea and family have been aware or was it kind of kept quiet? I know that some nice neighborhoods don't like word of crimes getting out...where my sister lives outside of Houston they had a bike path rapist right in her area and she never heard a word until about the 3rd assault...so i wondered if this was well-known to those of you who live nearby?

17. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to cluciano63 For This Useful Post:

I live right in the area and hadn't heard anything about the December attack. IMO it was kept pretty quiet/didnt get enough coverage

19. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to blacklabpit For This Useful Post:

TravelingBug I love you for your coverage-I salute you. Thanks......not an easy time for anyone following this case and you have kept your head and helped us keep ours......

21. The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to Starry Night For This Useful Post:

Divers searched the shore of Lake Hodges on Monday near the location where searchers found a piece of clothing belonging to missing Poway teenager Chelsea King, according to investigators.
    DNA on a piece of King’s clothing found along the southern shore of the lake led to the arrest Sunday of registered sex offender John Albert Gardner III, according to law enforcement sources.
    http://www.nbcsandiego.com/news/loca...ppearance.html
    Justice for Nevaeh FB Group http://bit.ly/justice4nevaeh

In Memory of Aja D. Johnson:
    http://bit.ly/AjaFacebookGroup

In Memory of Ethan Stacy -
    http://bit.ly/inmemoryofethan

23. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to darlin gal For This Useful Post:

Ok, I'm going to post this and the photos, and then I'm going to repost the map with the photos linked there so you can see exactly where the photos are taken to get more perspective.

***Again, all photos are now linked so you can see them bigger on flickr and even zoom in.

There was persistent helicopter activity all day, audible from both RB (south of the lake) and Escondido (north of the lake) - both on the west side (park side) of the 1-15 freeway and the east side.

When I was out earlier, I saw the helicopter quite low going between the north side (near-ish the restaurant where JAG was arrested) and the part of the lake sort of near the neighborhood where the access point is to the trails (where JAG would likely have entered from his part of the neighborhood) - the area where the first attack happened in December - that's the yellow $ on my map.

I decided to drive Via Rancho Pkwy to Del Dios Highway toward the restaurant to see if as much was going on there as there had been on the other side yesterday, and to see if one of the places I used to walk on the north side was accessible.

The road at Lake and Via Rancho is CLOSED not far from the turn onto the street, and, as closed off as it was, it's very obvious that the other main entrance, Rancho, and likely Date and Elm, are also closed with LEO patrol and restricting access.

I have these photos from a day I went out running there with a friend last year, and they will give you an idea of the perspective/terrain.

This is the road to Hernandez Hideaway where the arrest happened, after turning off from Via Rancho Pkwy to Lake Drive, which, ultimately, takes you either toward the dock where you can launch boats three days a week (part of the year, not year round) or toward the neighborhood and the restaurant.

This is looking across the Lake at the peninsula - to the right of the photo, opposite of the end of the peninsula, that area widens and ultimately ends up connecting to the trails by the waterfalls and in the area where the previous attack happened.

The flag on the peninsula here is marked as a Christmas tree on my google map

Another view looking across from just a bit north of Hernandez Hideaway again at the peninsula - the edge of the right here is where I'm saying is essentially what juts up to the bay area on the other side of the lake near the neighborhood and waterfalls that has been heavily searched the last few days and where the helicopter flies between frequently.

(Part 2 coming)
    Last edited by TravelingBug; 03-01-2010 at 08:29 PM. Reason: trying to fix last photo

25. The Following 20 Users Say Thank You to TravelingBug For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by sarx View Post
    Trying to filter through all the information and rumors. He was arrested at a restaurant on the lake? Is this correct?
    Correct - it's the orange cop guy on my google map and it's called Hernandez Hideaway - it's on the NORTH side of the lake.

27. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to TravelingBug For This Useful Post:

Does anyone think John went to the Mexican restaurant for a reason? TIA

29. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to eyes4crime For This Useful Post:

Earlier Post of New Member Mick

TravelerBug,

A new poster to WS indicated he is a psychic and indicated an area of eucalyptus trees of medium height and a clearing where he felt a strong feeling that someone had buried something. Read post back for details. Do you know of any area like what he describes, and is the area if it exists in the park or around the lake in the general area of the searching being conducted today?
    Last edited by TheMentalist; 03-01-2010 at 08:32 PM.

31. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to TheMentalist For This Useful Post:

it is so beautiful in the photos...and now looks sinister...

33. The Following User Says Thank You to cluciano63 For This Useful Post:

eyes4crime, I think he was watching, many criminals return to watch the progress unfold.

35. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to sarx For This Useful Post:

I was wondering the same thing about the eucalyptus.

HERE IS ONE THING WE ALL CAN DO THAT I WANT TO GET OUT THERE. PROTECT YOURSELF AND YOUR FAMILY BY BEING AWARE OF WHO IS LIVING IN YOUR AREA.

You just need the zip codes to find out how many Sex Offenders are living in your zip code, and you can see their photos if you press on a name. Some of these sites map it out by street, and have a picture of the RSO on your street.

Please if you have children you really need to do this.

National Sex Offenders:
    http://www.nsopw.gov/Core/Conditions...ookieSupport=1
    Advanced Search by Zip Code

Also:
    http://www.arjis.org/

http://www.familywatchdog.us/ShowMap.asp?frm=0
    Type in State then the zip code you want to check out

38. The Following 14 Users Say Thank You to Curious Me For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by KaylynnCouture View Post
    Cloudajo--I would highly recommend you turn this into LE, if they haven't already looked into it. Good find.
    Thanks for the suggestion. I just sent the info to San Diego Crime Stoppers.

40. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to cloudajo For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by blacklabpit View Post
    I live right in the area and hadn't heard anything about the December attack. IMO it was kept pretty quiet/didnt get enough coverage
    None of us did. We were all surprised to hear about it after the fact.

I'm chalking that up to the attack being on someone from Colorado Springs and not from the area. We're all pretty tight knit and this would have been widespread (by word of mouth at the very least). I don't think TravelingBug had heard about it either.

42. The Following User Says Thank You to LilysMom For This Useful Post:

That really is terrible that those living in the area didn't know, there should have been signs plastered all over the park after it happened!

sipping coffee at the Purple Rose Theatre
    for all the work that the RSO registry and treatment needs (to include harsher sentences and more weight put to psychological exams) I think we can all, at least, be thankful that the registry was in place when this happened... or we would have clothing by a creek with DNA.. but no one to match it to.

*2 cents alert*
    1) they system turned loose a known predator to do it again
    2) the system banked his prints and dna when he was arrested initially and it tied back to Chelsea's case and an arrest has been made before we have even found Chelsea.

bottom line: triumphs (dna banking of RSOs) and tribulations (setting predators like him free) abound.
    This bee my opinion

45. The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to nursebeeme For This Useful Post:

Page 30 of 36 FirstFirst ... 2021222324252627282930313233343536 LastLast