Page 10 of 59 FirstFirst ... 8 9 10 11 12 20 ... LastLast
    if she was abducted there is someone out there who suspects something...someone whose boyfriend, husband, cousin, whatever is not where he should be or had taken off for a few days from work suddenly, etc...someone who may have been acting weird lately...someone who goes to that park on some kind of a regular basis and therefore lives nearby and their relatives would have seen all of this media...i am sure calls can be made without caller giving name if anyone has someone in mind who could fir this profile...it would be nice, if for once, this could happen before it's too late so we don't have to hear later how so and so was acting weird, took off work, etc...

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to cluciano63 For This Useful Post:

I did a search of the area for sex offenders and there are a few in the crimes against children category in that area. One resides very close to where she disappeared (although I think it is a gentleman actually at the retirement community?).

http://www.familywatchdog.us/ShowMap.asp?frm=0
    Type in California and 92128 as the zipcode.
    Last edited by LilysMom; 02-27-2010 at 08:25 PM.

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to LilysMom For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by LilysMom View Post
    I did a search of the area for sex offenders and there are a few in the crimes against children category in that area. One resides very close to where she disappeared (although I think it is a gentleman actually at the retirement community?).

i don't see a place to put the zip code in?
    where do u do that?
    I sat there for the longest time
    after you were gone....
    thinking about all things we said.....
    and all the things we didn't say...
    I wonder if you misunderstood,
    cause I'm no good when it comes to talking....
    And I'm sorry,I didn't know the words.......
    to make you stay.

Right now I think being abducted near her car or a mountain lion attack seem to be logical possibilities. I'm not sure if there has been any info released on security cameras watching the parking lot. As for the mountain lions, as somebody posted earlier they bury their prey so it could be tough to find her for that reason.

Also, there was a healthy young man who went missing in Southern California recently out walking a dog on similar trails, although those trails were more intertwined with developed areas. Unfortunately he was found deceased, he had somehow fallen into a rushing irrigation ditch and had drowned. It took a few days to find him I believe. Are there those types of ditches in the area?

7. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Chili Fries For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Chili Fries View Post
    Right now I think being abducted near her car or a mountain lion attack seem to be logical possibilities. I'm not sure if there has been any info released on security cameras watching the parking lot. As for the mountain lions, as somebody posted earlier they bury their prey so it could be tough to find her for that reason.

Also, there was a healthy young man who went missing in Southern California recently out walking a dog on similar trails, although those trails were more intertwined with developed areas. Unfortunately he was found deceased, he had somehow fallen into a rushing irrigation ditch and had drowned. It took a few days to find him I believe. Are there those types of ditches in the area?
    yes that was the young baseball player, very sad case...but of course there wasn't anything like this sort of search...that is what is so mind-boggling to me, the magnitude of this search is overwhelming and yet nothing? i just don't believe she is in there?
    I know this is very unlikely IMO but has there been any word on a boyfriend? ANY chance she was overstressed as many high school high-achievers are, and just took off? I wish this was the case...

9. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to cluciano63 For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by LilysMom View Post

The one that appears to be closest, for locals, the address is actually in the gated neighborhood at the top of Battle Mountain (so a bit further than the nursing home, on the other side of the freeway)

There is one in Westwood, as well. The others are further away (down Pomerado near the Bernardo Winery), down off of RB, into Poway or the far side of 4S, etc.

On another note, it's absolutely pouring at the mometn.

11. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to TravelingBug For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by soyesterday View Post
    where do u do that?
    Sorry, try this instead:
    http://www.familywatchdog.us/Search.asp

13. The Following User Says Thank You to LilysMom For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by soyesterday View Post
    where do u do that?
    http://www.familywatchdog.us/Search.asp

Try it from that page.

Quote Originally Posted by TravelingBug View Post
    The one that appears to be closest, for locals, the address is actually in the gated neighborhood at the top of Battle Mountain (so a bit further than the nursing home, on the other side of the freeway)

There is one in Westwood, as well. The others are further away (down Pomerado near the Bernardo Winery), down off of RB, into Poway or the far side of 4S, etc.

On another note, it's absolutely pouring at the mometn.
    I didn't even click on the address, just assumed because of the location that it was at Casas. I honestly believe it is the offenders we don't know about that are the bigger worry. I would be shocked if a registered sex offender who is known to be living and working in the area had anything to do with this.

It's scary when they were on it this quickly and we have no answers. Her poor, poor mother.

16. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to LilysMom For This Useful Post:

I agree. That's why I think it's increasingly looking like an abduction.

As I wrote a few hours ago, I'm definitely afraid now that we're over 40 hours into round the clock searching and there is still no sign of her, that it's not a good sign.

While there are a lot of trails and areas to search, if she had truly fallen and gotten injured and was just somewhere in the brush waiting to be found, that between people on horse, bike, foot, atv, boat, or helicopter, that something would have led them to at least signs she had been there.

Most of the more heavily used trails are not all that obscured, it's just if you go off into the brush and chaparral it'd be harder to see someone or something. There are a few areas of bigger trees, but even the narrowest trails look more like this than totally overgrown. The bigger areas of heavy trees on the south side near the park were largely burned in the wildfires, so it's more like spotty eucalyptus and other trees, and lots and lots of chaparral-like brush here.
    I beleve I read somewhere that they did infra-red searches from the sky for her at this park and surrounding area. Doesnt infra-red show heat sources if someone is alive?

18. The Following User Says Thank You to TheMentalist For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by TheMentalist View Post
    I beleve I read somewhere that they did infra-red searches from the sky for her at this park and surrounding area. Doesnt infra-red show heat sources if someone is alive?
    Yes, so that's part of why saying if she were simply injured and somewhere seems unlikely.

They were doing infrared searches within hours of her going missing Thursday and have continued since then.

That obviously doesn't rule out if she had been killed or somehow died on the trails. But again, it's being so heavily combed, that seems to be increasingly unlikely as well.

More and more what we're hearing in the community is they're fearing she was abducted because of the utter lack of anything leading to her in the searching.

20. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to TravelingBug For This Useful Post:

Here is a picture of a deer a mountain lion has killed and buried:

22. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Chili Fries For This Useful Post:

KFMB (8) news at 5:

Chelsea's story was bumped from the top spot by the earthquake and local tsunami alert that was just canceled.

They're showing great pictures of all the searchers out in vests combing all over the trails and brush and some wading through water.

There were extensive searches on the bottom of Lake Hodges. They are out combing in line form.

Both of her parents spoke to rescuers thanking them for helping and pleaing for more help.

The Sheriff said that there are more extensive searches than he has EVER seen before.

They've talked to anyone with possible leads, others who were running in the park, etc. The Sheriff is begging for tips from anyone who may have seen something that has not yet been identified.

Search teams will continue overnight, and public searches will begin again at 9 am.

24. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to TravelingBug For This Useful Post:

Missing Flyer in Spanish

http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?pi...&id=1080395991

Above is a link to a flyer in Spanish in case anyone needs it. It seems a little small but I think it could be increased if you save it.

26. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to blossomfish For This Useful Post:

KFMB (8) news at 5:

Chelsea's story was bumped from the top spot by the earthquake and local tsunami alert that was just canceled.

They're showing great pictures of all the searchers out in vests combing all over the trails and brush and some wading through water.

There were extensive searches on the bottom of Lake Hodges. They are out combing in line form.

Both of her parents spoke to rescuers thanking them for helping and pleaing for more help.

The Sheriff said that there are more extensive searches than he has EVER seen before.

They've talked to anyone with possible leads, others who were running in the park, etc. The Sheriff is begging for tips from anyone who may have seen something that has not yet been identified.

Search teams will continue overnight, and public searches will begin again at 9 am.
    This doesn't sound encouraging to me. It tells me they are finding nothing in terms of clues on the trail or information in speaking with the people who were present at the time that she went missing. :-(

Page 10 of 59 FirstFirst ... 8 9 10 11 12 20 ... LastLast