Page 10 of 36 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617181920 ... LastLast

Thread: CA - Chelsea King (17) Rancho Bernardo (north San Diego County)

Overnight, dive teams reportedly searched Lake Hodges for any sign of Chelsea

Not much that we havent already heard in this update but it is nice to know they are working thru the night looking for her as the artcle reports divers worked all night on searching Lake Hodges

http://www.news.com.au/breaking-news...-1225835413339
    Last edited by TheMentalist; 02-28-2010 at 03:15 PM.

2. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to TheMentalist For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Formerslueth View Post
    Door to door canvasing has begun to expand throughout the Westwood neighborhoods. This is logical move. Everone in the area should sit down and reflect on where they were Friday afternoon, where they drove and walked, who and what they saw. Anthing could be a possible lead.
    If you live anywhere CLOSE to the surrounding area and have a video surveillance system, check your backups for all activity beginning Thursday at (or even just before) 2 p.m. I'm already reviewing cameras that point towards the street and natural areas behind our property, looking for anything unusual.

4. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to SoCalMom For This Useful Post:

Great idea!

Quote Originally Posted by SoCalMom View Post
    If you live anywhere CLOSE to the surrounding area and have a video surveillance system, check your backups for all activity beginning Thursday at (or even just before) 2 p.m. I'm already reviewing cameras that point towards the street and natural areas behind our property, looking for anything unusual.
    Thats a very good idea...I would suggest that people even view motion picked up over the last few days/nights before she dissappeared in the event a mountain lion has been lurking around. They are known to stalk their prey and if they are hungry they may be even closer to residents than people think looking for small cats or dogs.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to TheMentalist For This Useful Post:

Chelsea and Amber physically seem quite similar. Even the age range- just 3 yrs apart.

I think it seems most likely that Chelsea was abducted from the parking lot.
    .... ....... My posts are my opinion, only.

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to smart blonde For This Useful Post:

What happened to Chelsea?

With the lack of evidence and the inability to locate Chelsea at some point the investigation will have to focus on her family. It happens all the time in cases. Good people are often under the suspicion light I hope it does not come to that and that she is found soon but as time keeps ticking the outcome is not looking good.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to TheMentalist For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Formerslueth View Post
    This would be a logical assumption and probably why we should be seeing LE assets being peeled off the primary search site starting COB today.
    LE in these types of cases are not apt to tunnel vision when it comes to potential scenarios. Peripheral vision is always an advantage. Human nature naturally drives sometimes very uncharacteristic behaviors on the part of both victims and suspects. So any scenario here is possible. What helps shrink possibilities is evidence - both physical and testimonial.

I believe that if Bill keeps his assets primarily in the original search zone (and not expanding out), he has some indication (evidence) that she is in there. Could go back to something like the reported shoe discovery maybe. Could be something else.

That said, we should all assume nothing and continue our vigilance.

12. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Formerslueth For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by TheMentalist View Post
    With the lack of evidence and the inability to locate Chelsea at some point the investigation will have to focus on her family. It happens all the time in cases. Good people are often under the suspicion light I hope it does not come to that and that she is found soon but as time keeps ticking the outcome is not looking good.
    As unpopular as it might appear, family members, friends and associates in these cases are always initial people of interest. LE usually will try to knock them out as suspects as early as possible so that they can focus their resources elsewhere.

Not to say it's not a possible scenario, just that it is among the top of the list of LE leads at the start of an investigation like this.

14. The Following User Says Thank You to Formerslueth For This Useful Post:

Clothing found?

Hello everyone,

Pardon a "newbie" for butting into the conversation, but I just read on another forum that a Sports Bra and other clothing items have been found. If true, it doesn't look good for this young woman.
    I truly pray that by some miracle she's found alive!

16. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Kelly Faraday For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Kelly Faraday View Post
    Hello everyone,

Pardon a "newbie" for butting into the conversation, but I just read on another forum that a Sports Bra and other clothing items have been found. If true, it doesn't look good for this young woman.
    KF,

Can you point us to the source of this info? This could be an example of the evidence I mentioned in a previous post.

18. The Following User Says Thank You to Formerslueth For This Useful Post:

Yes. I'm not sure I can mention the name of the other board but it's the former Court TV forum.

20. The Following User Says Thank You to Kelly Faraday For This Useful Post:

I think this is the post.

[ame="http://boards.insessiontrials.com/showpost.php?p=13910230&postcount=25"]In Session Message Boards - View Single Post - Chelsea King, 17, San Diego, 2/25[/ame]

22. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to RubyRed For This Useful Post:

Breaking News on Chelsea/Sports Bra, Shoe, Panties ?

Im not sure this is the latest news now...it appears that this is what was found on Day 1 of the search although this is being reported as 2 hours ago.

http://stephww.wordpress.com/2010/02...-chelsea-king/
    Last edited by TheMentalist; 02-28-2010 at 04:48 PM.

24. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to TheMentalist For This Useful Post:

http://nctimes.com/news/local/rancho...?mode=comments

I find the comments by "Mesmerized" to be a little strange...

26. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to blossomfish For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Lindsaym View Post
    It does occur to me though that we should not rule out her deciding to take a route that doesn't "make sense," as it were. After all, if she ran into somebody on the trail who gave her a creepy feeling, she might have made a deliberate decision to head in the opposite direction of that person. (Just a thought!)
    This is a good point as I've actually done this a few times before. Even when I have my dog with me, I've veered off when someone didn't feel "right". I've done this on the trail as well as when I'm walking in the neighborhood.

28. The Following User Says Thank You to LilysMom For This Useful Post:

http://www.wtvm.com/Global/story.asp?S=12059304

This is the latest I can find and it does not mention anything that is in the above article.

30. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to RubyRed For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Kelly Faraday View Post
    Hello everyone,

WELCOME TO WEBSLEUTHS KELLY FARADAY. Thanks for sharing what info you have.

32. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Curious Me For This Useful Post:

I rarely have time to post but often check the boards for updates on various cases. I hope and pray that another family isn't about to go through the same nightmare so many others have endured.

Forgive me if I posted something that turns out to be merely a rumour. I will return to "lurk mode" now.

Kelly

34. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Kelly Faraday For This Useful Post:

So far, Steph Watts is the only one saying anything about a sports bra.
    Not one thing in any msm.

Steph says he is on scene though, who knows. I can't see him putting that out unless it's true.
    Photos from various cases (click on left-column names on the main photobucket page...they are in alphabetical order) http://s296.photobucket.com/albums/mm166/crankycrankerson/

"LIKE" CCA: Crankycrankerson Case Archives on facebook, and please share the link: https://www.facebook.com/pages/CCA-C...479258?sk=wall

36. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to AmandaReckonwith For This Useful Post:

Welcome to Websleuths, KellyFaraday.

38. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to KaylynnCouture For This Useful Post:

Don't lurk, Kelly! Welcome.
    Photos from various cases (click on left-column names on the main photobucket page...they are in alphabetical order) http://s296.photobucket.com/albums/mm166/crankycrankerson/

"LIKE" CCA: Crankycrankerson Case Archives on facebook, and please share the link: https://www.facebook.com/pages/CCA-C...479258?sk=wall

40. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to AmandaReckonwith For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by AmandaReckonwith View Post
    Here's a pic of her car.

It looks like there is always activity in that area. Someone must have seen something that would help. Please come forward. Please, we have to find Chelsea.

San Diego County Sheriff Audio

I just wanted to repost the link to the San Diego County Sheriff and Escondido Police audio found online. I have been listening all day, they report frequently on the search groups.

This is the link ---> http://www.radioreference.com/apps/audio/?ctid=219 I have been listening to the feed entitled "North San Diego County Sheriff and Escondido Police"

43. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to RunningonEmpty For This Useful Post:

Park Closed?

Does anyone know if the park is closed and what if any plans do they have to open it up? Are the areas that have been searched open to the public yet?

45. The Following User Says Thank You to TheMentalist For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by TheMentalist View Post
    Does anyone know if the park is closed and what if any plans do they have to open it up? Are the areas that have been searched open to the public yet?
    The park is partially closed.

You CAN park along West Bernardo and access that front area, the dog park, and the back area where her car was parked, the Rec Center and Joselyn Center buildings are, and where the trails they believe she was on begin are ALL closed off.

Whereas yesterday they were letting people down there who were searching, they're now limiting it.

Cops are all along West Bernardo - sheriffs, SDPD, and volunteer patrols. The signal at Casa is closed off with multiple LEO there only letting very specified people through.

I've also been told they are now only letting certain people search the trails at all now, and they're sending most everyone to canvas neighborhoods and put signs and ribbons up.

The north side of the lake IS open, including all the trails. The foot/bike bridge across IS open. There were people on bikes and out running and with dogs walking on that side but they are NOT letting that happen on the south side.

More to come in just a minute - as I had just been over there.

47. The Following 12 Users Say Thank You to TravelingBug For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by TravelingBug View Post
    The park is partially closed.

You CAN park along West Bernardo and access that front area, the dog park, and the back area where her car was parked, the Rec Center and Joselyn Center buildings are, and where the trails they believe she was on begin are ALL closed off.

Whereas yesterday they were letting people down there who were searching, they're now limiting it.

Cops are all along West Bernardo - sheriffs, SDPD, and volunteer patrols. The signal at Casa is closed off with multiple LEO there only letting very specified people through.

I've also been told they are now only letting certain people search the trails at all now, and they're sending most everyone to canvas neighborhoods and put signs and ribbons up.

The north side of the lake IS open, including all the trails. The foot/bike bridge across IS open. There were people on bikes and out running and with dogs walking on that side but they are NOT letting that happen on the south side.

More to come in just a minute - as I had just been over there.
    Thank you for that information TravelingBug. I have never been to the park and all the photos and information you have been adding makes me want to visit the park in the future. While I am not talking about right now I am wanting to explore it as it looks beautiful in the photos. I am not wanting to join the search or anything just enjoy the great outdoors.

49. The Following User Says Thank You to TheMentalist For This Useful Post:

Page 10 of 36 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617181920 ... LastLast