752 users online (71 members and 681 guests)  

Websleuths News

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Bret Michaels tells Miley Cyrus to get 'undressed"???

I didn't see this anywhere and thought it might be a topic of convo. If this isn't the thread to post it in please move to the right area.

Bret Michaels has came out with a new song featuring Miley Cyrus on backing vocals. I know she has a decent voice but the lyric content of the song is kinda creepy for a 40+ something man to be singing with a 17 yr old girl. In the song he tells her to " slowly get undressed" which is very inappropriate at least with the age difference. I know it is just a song but I would have chosen someone over the age of 18 to sing this song with this just seems like he wants to get in a minors pants. At least in my opinion.

Here is a link to the video that has the song in it.

http://www.usmagazine.com/celebrityn...n-song-2010252

What is everyone else's thoughts on this?????????

I agree!
    That is inappropriate in the extreme!
    .... ....... My posts are my opinion, only.

I have mix's feelings on this ....

First, imo, he isnt singing TO her and she isnt singing TO him. Its not a duet, as far as I can tell. She is simply a featured singer on the track...and its credited this way in the music industry.
    I think Taylor Swift has even done this (Two is better than One)

Now, if they did a sexy video for this song TOGETHER, interacting with each other...that would be totally WRONG, in sooooo many ways.

They have been working together for awhile now. On her (Miley) next album, she, alone is covering Poisons "Every Rose".... Shes on youtube singing this song with some old guys (DJs) & its not slimey, imo.

Im no big fan of either....I just have no problem with studio work for the most part.

Unless Miley Cyrus has been emancipated... it's her parents decision what sings just like her little pole dance. They are setting her up for an adult career just like Britney Spears parents handled her career.
    I do not agree with what you have to say, but I'll defend to the death your right to say it.

Voltaire

Quote Originally Posted by crystalgenie View Post
    Unless Miley Cyrus has been emancipated... it's her parents decision what sings just like her little pole dance. They are setting her up for an adult career just like Britney Spears parents handled her career.
    Just wanted to comment on your pole dance comment, what she did was NOT a pole dance. She was riding on an ice cream cart and was just holding the "pole" so she wouldn't fall. There was nothing sleazy about it. I have no problem with her singing backup vocals on this song. Its not like they are an item.
    Happy New Years

Well, I have been a fan of Bret's for a VERY long time. Miley I could take or leave prefer to leave. Bret is a gentleman. He knows he is old enough to be her father. I'm sure there is mutual respect for each others talent that went into the decision to collaberate more than anything else. That being said having listened to the song on the link it is a wee bit creepy hearing such a young girl sing those lyrics. She dose a lot of things for shock value though. This is probably no different. BTW it would probably be a much prettier song with just him singing. It would like he was singing just to you. JMO
    Last edited by rpipergirl; 02-26-2010 at 08:25 PM.

In Pennsylvania, but wishing she was some place else.
    Some of these celebrities really need to think before they speak. I wouldn't want someone saying that to my child.

Quote Originally Posted by teonspaleprincess View Post
    Just wanted to comment on your pole dance comment, what she did was NOT a pole dance. She was riding on an ice cream cart and was just holding the "pole" so she wouldn't fall. There was nothing sleazy about it. I have no problem with her singing backup vocals on this song. Its not like they are an item.

True....BUT, I think we all know that the pole attached to the ice cream cart was supposed to resemble a stripper pole, so that when she grabbed on to it and then went all the way down and back up it again, it would make people THINK about one thing and one thing only.

Since when do ice-cream carts have long poles attached them? They don't. Her parents (along with industry execs) have slutted her up as much as possible and she thoroughly enjoys it. Controversy = Popularity.

Quote Originally Posted by teonspaleprincess View Post
    I guess "sleazy" is in the eye of the beholder. Because I totally believe she was working the pole.

Kimberlyd125 is offline Softball is for everyone. Fast pitch is for athletes.
    Quote Originally Posted by rpipergirl View Post
    Well, I have been a fan of Bret's for a VERY long time. Miley I could take or leave prefer to leave. Bret is a gentleman. He knows he is old enough to be her father. I'm sure there is mutual respect for each others talent that went into the decision to collaberate more than anything else. That being said having listened to the song on the link it is a wee bit creepy hearing such a young girl sing those lyrics. She dose a lot of things for shock value though. This is probably no different. BTW it would probably be a much prettier song with just him singing. It would like he was singing just to you. JMO
    BBM

Did you see Rock of Love?

Rock of Love was mostly scripted and edited to make it as bad as possible. I still love Bret.
    Happy New Years

Kimberlyd125 is offline Softball is for everyone. Fast pitch is for athletes.
    They could not have edited and scripted if he wasn't willing to partake in those activities. I always loved his music too, but a gentleman he is not IMO.

It's just a song people. Miley was singing backup.The media is always putting her under a microscope constantly analyzing and crticizing her every move. Thats tuff when your 17. Fault can be found with anyone or any action if one looks hard enough.She's a good kid from a good family.A very typical 17 year old with the World sitting in judgement of her every move. I think she's doing just fine.

I give Miley 5 years and she will be the next Britney or Lindsay...........
    The saints are the sinners who keep trying...

Brett Micheals...eww.....I caught some reruns of his "looking for lust" show on VHI ..
    ewwwwww

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast