Is this now considered a cold case?

tehcloser

Reaction score
http://www.gainesville.com/article/...a-s-actual-CCU-more-challenging-than-TV-s-CSI

Buy photo
The images shown above related to cold cases from left to right and top to bottom: James Edward Tuff Jr., Haleigh Cummings, Sudheer Satti, sketch of rape suspect, Tiffany Sessions, Wende Ellinger, Michael Shane Crutchfield, Heather and Kira Radcliffe, Elizabeth Foster.

By Lise Fisher
Staff writer

Published: Friday, February 26, 2010 at 6:01 a.m.
Last Modified: Thursday, February 25, 2010 at 9:26 p.m.
( page of 5 )

It can start with a tip or the opening of a musty case book.

*Snipped

Hmmmm............so has LE now classified it as cold?

No, I don't think it is cold till it has dropped off the radar completely. LP has just brought some life back into it. If we let them sit in the jail and nothing said, I do believe it will go cold.

The more time passes the colder the trail gets, obviously.

But it was just a couple of months ago that LE released pictures of their Haleigh room and I think they were trying to send a message that they're not going to forget about her.

That is the Gainesville paper in Alachua county. Putnam county is where Haleigh lived. I would hope Putnam county is not calling this a cold case.

I think this is far from being a cold case, but if it weren't for the craziness surrounding the players involved, it probably would be. It may be poetic justice though, that the people who are responsible for Haleigh's fate are also responsible for keeping her name in the news.

I thought it was going cold those few months that RC and MC didn't seem too cooperative with LE...but I believe that there are some truly dedicated LEO's working this case who are parents too and won't give up on Haleigh as we won't either...:)

I also am now curious as to why LE has released no further communications from RC and his friends/family...makes me wonder who decides what is released and what isn't...

I know it'll never go cold here at WS!

The only way this could be a cold case would be if RC and MC et all had nothing to do with Haleigh's disappearance. Their sorry arses are in jail with huge bail amounts and NO revolving door. We've seen day in and day out on the scanner thread how so many perps get out within the hour with very serious charges. I don't believe for one second that the sting operation was set up the way it was, # of pills, the taping, and the releasing of the actions and words of these players was simply to curtail drug trafficking in PC. This was a calculated move on several LE agencies combined and their actions prove to me this is a very HOT case.

The only way this could be a cold case would be if RC and MC et all had nothing to do with Haleigh's disappearance. Their sorry arses are in jail with huge bail amounts and NO revolving door. We've seen day in and day out on the scanner thread how so many perps get out within the hour with very serious charges. I don't believe for one second that the sting operation was set up the way it was, # of pills, the taping, and the releasing of the actions and words of these players was simply to curtail drug trafficking in PC. This was a calculated move on several LE agencies combined and their actions prove to me this is a very HOT case.

In the beginning of the case, didn't LE say something to the effect that the most important thing was finding Haleigh and other charges could wait for now? Sorry, I'm really vague about this, I don't remember how it was phrased or where I heard it or if it was a reference to illegal things found at the home or stat rape or what. But anyway the take home message for me was that there possibly was some evidence of lesser crimes but they would take pity on the grieving family and not add the pressure of criminal charges (or maybe to avoid disrupting their investigation).

Now, something seems to have changed, as there are suddenly a lot of charges, huge bonds and a lot of pressure. It seems there must be some significance in the investigation.

I think the case has gone almost cold. There will be a flurry of activity-like the pond being drained, & the drug bust, (coincidentally coinciding with the anniversary), but then nothing else, for months. If it weren't for some dedicated posters, I don't think we'd hear much. & if Ron & Misty were as half as smart as they think they are, they would've kept their private lives away from public consumption, erasing even the need for the message boards.

I do not believe for one second this case is cold. On the contrary, what is happening right now with things being verrry quiet is what I was hoping would happen so these people would relax a bit when they receive their visitors, talk on the phone and slip up big time. By not releasing videos on a regular basis, it takes the focus off of their "celebrity" and leaves them to their own reality that those 4 walls and a cot is all they're going to have to look forward to day in and day out unless they can pull something out of their back pocket to bargain with. MC is very young and has a lot of life ahead of her. That cell is getting smaller and smaller and I don't think she can handle the prospect of having to spend 20 plus years, much less 100 plus years (if that is a true possible sentence). RC is also very young and if.........he had anything to do with some kind of an accident he would be better off to fess up and spend far less time in jail than he would for the charges he is now facing. Addiction to these hard drugs does amazing things to people and it's astounding how they become the priority in their lives. Given enough "quiet" time and cleanup of the drugs in their system may help to see more clearly how much of life they have already lost and whether or not it was worth it. I do believe their priorities will change. It's just a matter of time.

IMO, it is just now starting ...............
I do not think it is a cold case.
I pray for the big discovery!
Haleigh to be found!!!

One of the talking heads said the amount of time makes it a cold case.
But, not with the amount of interest & recent arrests.

One of the talking heads said the amount of time makes it a cold case.
But, not with the amount of interest & recent arrests.

They don't call them "talking heads" for nothing. If the amount of time is what they use for a criteria, OJ would still be in Ft. Lauderdale.

I do not believe for one second this case is cold. On the contrary, what is happening right now with things being verrry quiet is what I was hoping would happen so these people would relax a bit when they receive their visitors, talk on the phone and slip up big time. By not releasing videos on a regular basis, it takes the focus off of their "celebrity" and leaves them to their own reality that those 4 walls and a cot is all they're going to have to look forward to day in and day out unless they can pull something out of their back pocket to bargain with. MC is very young and has a lot of life ahead of her. That cell is getting smaller and smaller and I don't think she can handle the prospect of having to spend 20 plus years, much less 100 plus years (if that is a true possible sentence). RC is also very young and if.........he had anything to do with some kind of an accident he would be better off to fess up and spend far less time in jail than he would for the charges he is now facing. Addiction to these hard drugs does amazing things to people and it's astounding how they become the priority in their lives. Given enough "quiet" time and cleanup of the drugs in their system may help to see more clearly how much of life they have already lost and whether or not it was worth it. I do believe their priorities will change. It's just a matter of time.

The problem is I don't think MC and RC realize their lives can be spent behind bars for the rest of their lives. Try to think back when you were young, not assuming your old btw but if your young you think you can "think" your way out, manipulate the older ones around you. Add drugs in to that mix( the video with Misty) you throw caution to the wind. They just don't get it. Hank does. Thats why in his coded way hes telling MC to tell the truth. Sure, he's monetarily being motivated by LP but he gets it IMO.

Frankly, would they be better off confessing to involuntary manslaughter and doing time with that or facing these drug charges? Which is the lesser of two very very bad evils? I don't know the legal ramifications of either. What are their Lawyers advising them?( for what their worth)

This is absolutely NOT a cold case, as long as people are still asking questions, looking for Haleigh and LE is throwing people in jail left and right and we keep Haleigh in our hearts and prayers every day this will not be a cold case. As a matter of fact I think this is a hot case at this point, all the key players are in jail looking at along time unless somebody talks.

The problem is I don't think MC and RC realize their lives can be spent behind bars for the rest of their lives. Try to think back when you were young, not assuming your old btw but if your young you think you can "think" your way out, manipulate the older ones around you. Add drugs in to that mix( the video with Misty) you throw caution to the wind. They just don't get it. Hank does. Thats why in his coded way hes telling MC to tell the truth. Sure, he's monetarily being motivated by LP but he gets it IMO.

Frankly, would they be better off confessing to involuntary manslaughter and doing time with that or facing these drug charges? Which is the lesser of two very very bad evils? I don't know the legal ramifications of either. What are their Lawyers advising them?( for what their worth)

I believe we are essentially saying the same things but in different words. The only thing that at this point WILL ensure they GET IT is if they spend enough time behind bars with a clear head and getting decent advice from their attorneys. I don't know a thing about the attorneys but it would seem to me if they were working toward a most favorable outcome for them, they would be advising them of just what you have suggested.

I think it will be classifed as a cold case when they have exhausted every avenue, when the tips and leads run out, when there's nothing new to investigate, when the boss takes all the detectives off the case and reassigns them to other cases, and when the media and the public stops calling them for updates. Until then, it's still going on. Sometimes it takes years to solve some cases, and they don't put the files in the back of the bottom drawer after just one year. Have faith!

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wdavewong
Back