Suspicious behavior of Haleigh Cummings father

Status
Not open for further replies.

Searchfortruth

Reaction score
I hope it's ok to link this article, written by Levi. I didn't see that it has been mentioned so far and if it has, mods please delete...

I thought the article was written very well and includes many of the questions we ask here frequently.

February 26, 12:23 PM Nashville Crime Examiner Levi Page

"The mysterious disappearance of Haleigh Cummings has captivated the nation with its twists and turns over the last year. 5-year-old Haleigh, a beautiful blond haired vivacious little girl, vanished from her mobile home in Satsuma Florida last year. Police say that there is no evidence of forced entry into the home, they have ruled out a stranger abduction, and they say that Haleigh's babysitter holds they key to this mystery."

The article is very long, but worth the read. I can't copy it all here, link is below...

http://www.examiner.com/x-33505-Nas...uspicious-behavior-of-Haleigh-Cummings-father

I think it's a case of drug-induced mental illness and a heaping dose of cowardice. But I LOVE Levi's show and learned more from it than I do from the shows on TV.

I agree with LE that it was foul play and probably "pay back" of some kind.

Levi's article certainly covers the ground well when it comes to Ron's odd behavior. Although, the Ratgate episode is left out. I think it should be included.
I'd like to add some other things I find strange when we are studing Ron's reaction to his daughter missing.
Why did he appear a good number of the times with his mother at his side? Also, much of what we learned about Ron (the good stuff) came from his mother who so willingly stepped up to defend her son and praise the babysitter/girlfriend turned wife immediately after Haleigh was reported missing.
As for Ron taking Misty as his wife, I recall that he gave conflicting reasons for marrying her. On a message tied to a balloon released for Haleigh, it is reported that he wrote of his marrying Misty and that it was what Haleigh would want. At the sametime we hear he claims wedding Misty was a way to keep his enemies closer (a line from the Godfather movie).
Along with his memorial tattoos, it was reported Ron bragged about the donations that had come his way in response to his daughter missing. What kind of parent has this focus when the daughter he claims is his "heart" is gone without a trace?
Finally, Ron admits and complains that he is very much in the public eye and media spotlight. Certainly he must have also been aware that with his daughter still missing nearly a year later, LE still had him and Misty under its radar. But, what does he do, along with Misty the girl he divorced, but take the risk of dealing controlled substances and being caught in an undercover sting.
I have always felt Ron was involved with his daughter's disappearance. He knows what happened that night and I do think, along with his mother and grandmother, he has been on a marathon cover up of the truth about what happened to little Haleigh. Levi's list of Ron's questionable behavior further convinces me of my beliefs. jmo

I always thought it was strange Ron was on the 911 phone call at all. He thought someone took Haleigh, why wasn't he out looking for her. As far as he knew she had just been taken.

This interview is something I find suspicious:

http://origin.firstcoastnews.com/news/amberalerts/news-article.aspx?storyid=144221&catid=295

There's a video and an article at the link.

While investigators and these latest private tests indicate Misty Cummings is withholding vital information about Haleigh's disappearance, Ronald Cummings stands by his wife.

"My feelings are we need to find my daughter," Ronald Cummings said.

First Coast News' Jessica Clark asked him, "Do you feel Misty holds some information that can help do that?" He answered, "I don't think she has any information that will help find Haleigh."

Misty Cummings said, "If they go out and look for the right person, they'd have all the answers but they're trying to get all the answers from me that I don't have."

He stands by her side while Misty attempts to explain why she was forced or duped to take the tests and that she didn't actually fail at all. When he's asked something he has an odd expression (IMO) and agrees that Misty doesn't have any information that could help find Haleigh. How does he know that? He has allegedly said he himself has information that shows Misty was lying (beds being made and the laundry detergent), so if she's lying about that she could be lying about having information.

Also the whole back-lash type reaction (It's all TM's fault, he shouldn't have done any tests, he's a trickster) is even weird since it was also reported that TM got involved by TN's request, on behalf of the Cummings family.

Misty and Ronald Cummings say they hoped Tim Miller of Texas Equusearch was going to help them find Haleigh Cummings, who disappeared in February.

Instead, they claim he took them out of town and tricked them the week of August 20th.

In an interview on August 31st, Misty and Ronald Cummings talked to First Coast News' Jessica Clark in Ronald's attorney's office in St. Augustine.

Misty Cummings said, "[Miller] called on the phone and said 'I'm going to take you to Orlando to get you away because your days are numbered.' And I said okay."

However, Miller told First Coast News he only offered to take them away from the stresses in Putnam County so they could relax a little bit.

And the phones being bugged bug me. What does it matter if LE knows where they are?

"Ron was afraid to talk on their cell phones because Ron said his phone was tapped and Misty's phone was tapped, everybody's phone was tapped. He said it won't do any good to get away because it's a Nextel phone with GPS on it."

Ronald Cummings told Clark, "My understanding is [Miller] did not want us to be tracked, I don't know if we were being tracked by the FBI. I don't know."

http://origin.firstcoastnews.com/news/amberalerts/news-article.aspx?storyid=144221&catid=295

This interview is something I find suspicious:

There's a video and an article at the link.

He stands by her side while Misty attempts to explain why she was forced or duped to take the tests and that she didn't actually fail at all. When he's asked something he has an odd expression (IMO) and agrees that Misty doesn't have any information that could help find Haleigh. How does he know that? He has allegedly said he himself has information that shows Misty was lying (beds being made and the laundry detergent), so if she's lying about that she could be lying about having information.

Also the whole back-lash type reaction (It's all TM's fault, he shouldn't have done any tests, he's a trickster) is even weird since it was also reported that TM got involved by TN's request, on behalf of the Cummings family.

And the phones being bugged bug me. What does it matter if LE knows where they are? http://origin.firstcoastnews.com/news/amberalerts/news-article.aspx?storyid=144221&catid=295

Hope this will embed - 1st Coast News

http://www.firstcoastnews.com/video/default.aspx?bctid=49299100001

I wonder how many communications suffered from the old "Telephone Game" kind of thing. [i.e., did TMiller speak directly to Ron and/or Misty?]

Hi guys, I'm going to be doing a Part 2. I could write a book about Ronald's suspicious behavior.

In part 2, I'll write more about ratgate and also the fact that when he found out Donna Brock was working undercover fo Texas Equusearch he called Misty to warn her. Obviously his first priority is Misty, not finding Haleigh.

Thanks for the comments and input.

I think it's a case of drug-induced mental illness and a heaping dose of cowardice. But I LOVE Levi's show and learned more from it than I do from the shows on TV.

I agree with LE that it was foul play and probably "pay back" of some kind.

Hi Tinsel! Thanks, I don't think it was drug induced mental illness, maybe drug induced punk behavior. Take Ron's propensity for violence and couple that with hard core drug use that is TNT, an explosion waiting to happen.

I hope it's ok to link this article, written by Levi. I didn't see that it has been mentioned so far and if it has, mods please delete...

I thought the article was written very well and includes many of the questions we ask here frequently.

February 26, 12:23 PM Nashville Crime Examiner Levi Page

"The mysterious disappearance of Haleigh Cummings has captivated the nation with its twists and turns over the last year. 5-year-old Haleigh, a beautiful blond haired vivacious little girl, vanished from her mobile home in Satsuma Florida last year. Police say that there is no evidence of forced entry into the home, they have ruled out a stranger abduction, and they say that Haleigh's babysitter holds they key to this mystery."

The article is very long, but worth the read. I can't copy it all here, link is below...

http://www.examiner.com/x-33505-Nas...uspicious-behavior-of-Haleigh-Cummings-father

Thanks for posting! Hope I wasn't long winded in the article. LOL

I always thought it was strange Ron was on the 911 phone call at all. He thought someone took Haleigh, why wasn't he out looking for her. As far as he knew she had just been taken.
I remember when one of our dogs would run away (huskies are difficult as far as that goes) and my husband would take one car while I took another, covering every street in the neighborhood. We would leave our teen daughters at home as look outs in case they came back while we were out searching and those were dogs, not out children.

Hi guys, I'm going to be doing a Part 2. I could write a book about Ronald's suspicious behavior.

In part 2, I'll write more about ratgate and also the fact that when he found out Donna Brock was working undercover fo Texas Equusearch he called Misty to warn her. Obviously his first priority is Misty, not finding Haleigh.

Thanks for the comments and input.

Darn it, Levi, you did an exquisite job with that article but I have to disagree with you about what his first priority is. He sure doesn't appear to be crazy in love with her, imo. [lol - you don't even have to be a student of body language to read his body language towards her, imo.]

BUT... you did do a great job of pointing out his suspicious behavior. I think you might have a bright future in journalism ahead of you, dude. JMO

Levi's article certainly covers the ground well when it comes to Ron's odd behavior. Although, the Ratgate episode is left out. I think it should be included.
I'd like to add some other things I find strange when we are studing Ron's reaction to his daughter missing.
Why did he appear a good number of the times with his mother at his side? Also, much of what we learned about Ron (the good stuff) came from his mother who so willingly stepped up to defend her son and praise the babysitter/girlfriend turned wife immediately after Haleigh was reported missing.
As for Ron taking Misty as his wife, I recall that he gave conflicting reasons for marrying her. On a message tied to a balloon released for Haleigh, it is reported that he wrote of his marrying Misty and that it was what Haleigh would want. At the sametime we hear he claims wedding Misty was a way to keep his enemies closer (a line from the Godfather movie).
Along with his memorial tattoos, it was reported Ron bragged about the donations that had come his way in response to his daughter missing. What kind of parent has this focus when the daughter he claims is his "heart" is gone without a trace?
Finally, Ron admits and complains that he is very much in the public eye and media spotlight. Certainly he must have also been aware that with his daughter still missing nearly a year later, LE still had him and Misty under its radar. But, what does he do, along with Misty the girl he divorced, but take the risk of dealing controlled substances and being caught in an undercover sting.
I have always felt Ron was involved with his daughter's disappearance. He knows what happened that night and I do think, along with his mother and grandmother, he has been on a marathon cover up of the truth about what happened to little Haleigh. Levi's list of Ron's questionable behavior further convinces me of my beliefs. jmo

You said most of what I was going to say, I would like to add a few things that come to mind as of now. There has been so much strange behaviour when it comes to Ron that it's hard to keep track of it. I don't see how LE hasn't noticed. Maybe they have and just have kept quiet about it.
In the police report it states that LE was not able to get any information from Ron because of his emotional state. I can understand someone being distraught and emotional over their child being missing. "I DON'T UNDERSTAND HOW THE PARENT CAN NOT GIVE LE USEFUL INFORMATION TO FIND THEIR MISSING CHILD"?

I also don't understand why Ron didn't call 911? It was his child that was missing, any other parent would of called 911 ASAP, not told someone else to call! Why did he have Misty call?

Ron also repeats in the 911 call that he dosen't care if he is recorded when he is screaming like a lunatic that he will kill who ever stole his child if he finds them before LE. Misty seems preoccupied while on the 911 call.
Ronald's screams out to Misty how could you let my daughter get stolen in the middle of night...to me this would indicate something happen at midnight.
When 911 dispatcher tried to ask Ron anything about Haleigh he would only say, he was at "Werk" and cursing at Misty about how she let someone steal his daughter.
How he is going to kill somebody.

F#K her DOB...
This whole call to me seem staged then, and still dose to this day.

I also don't understand why Ron was just standing outside waiting on LE? In the 911 call he hung up on them because he had better people to call. Why was he not searching the home/area while he was waiting on LE? Why was he just standing outside? I wonder where Misty was while he was standing outside? Did he know he didn't have to search the home/area?
A bigger question is the fact that Misty claims she woke a little before 3AM and noticed Haleigh missing and "RON ARRIVED 5 MIN AFTER SHE NOTICED HALEIGH MISSING". Misty claims Ron had her call 911 as soon as he got home, what time did he really get home? The call was not placed until 3:27AM. If Misty woke before "3" AM what was she and Ron doing and for how long until that 911 call?

Misty has also been trying to throw her cousin Joe under the bus, but Ron has no problem with Joe? Did he not claim he would kill who ever had anything to do with Haleigh's disappearance? Joe's name was put out there early on and it didn't seem to faze Ronald. Why I wonder? He denied the fight over the gun as well. Ronald has lied just as much as Misty, the only difference is that Misty is a chatter box. Ron doesn't share much and when he in involved in strange behavior, he tells people that his personal life is his business and shuts people out. What ever happen to trying to find the person who took Haleigh?

"Snip" http://i.cdn.turner.com/cnn/2009/images/02/13/putnam.pdf

LE arrived on scene at 3:40, Upon arrival LE observed a white male standing in the driveway who was visibly upset. LE made contact with the Individual who identified himself as Ronald Cummings. Ronald told me that his daughter Haleigh was missing.

LE asked Ron what happen and he said he just got home from work and his "dumb b*th girlfriend" Told him his daughter was missing. Ron said he did not know what she was wearing and all he knew was the back door was standing open. Ronald repeatedly said that someone had taken his child and also said "when I find HIM, I'll kill him. Ronald referred to a 9mm Beretta hand gun which he owned inside of his residence and said that if law enforcement found whoever had his child, he would shoot them through the back window of the patrol car. I attempted to get information from Ronald regarding Haleigh, however, DUE TO HIS EMOTIONAL STATE HE WAS UNABLE TO PROVIDE ANY USEFUL INFORMATION.

I then made contact with Misty Croslin, Ronald's girlfriend. Misty told me that she had put the children to bed approximately 8:00PM
Misty said that they were sleeping in "HER BED", and when she laid down at around 10:30pM both children were still in bed. I asked Misty who the other child was, and she advised that the other child was Haleigh's brother.
Misty told me that she woke up just "BEFORE" 3:00AM to get a drink a drink and she noticed that Haleigh was missing, however the other child was still in bed. Misty said she ran around the residence frantically looking for Haleigh, and that she noticed the back door was standing open. Misty said that she was sure the back door had been locked prior to her going to bed.

Misty said that approximately 5 minutes after she noticed Haleigh missing Ronald arrived home. Misty said that as soon as she told Ronald Haleigh was missing Ronald "TOLD HER TO CALL 911", which she did.

Deflection.

"Focus on my daughter, not on what's going on in my life."
"I don't know what my personal life has to do with tv. My daughter is missing and that's what has to do with national tv."
He does some deflection in his interviews and I think it's one of the things that gives the impression that he has something to hide. Granted, I wouldn't like to discuss my personal life on TV either but it feels like evasion because (afaik) it has not been ruled out that certain things in his personal life have everything to do with Haleigh being missing.

Like the above quote. The video is edited so we don't hear the question but at a guess he was asked something related to how he feels about Misty's tests, and he replies,
"My feelings are we need to find my daughter". That's a given, but what people were really interested in is what his feelings were about sitting there defending someone who very possibly could have been lying about what happened to his daughter, and it wasn't an answer.

BBM

I agree with everything you said AZ and I thought the article was well written and concise Levi, looking forward to part 2!

The bolded part of your post got me thinking....does anyone think it's possible NG signed an agreement with Theresa that any interviews conducted on NG would be exclusive as long as it was pro Ron? Sorry if this has been discussed before but it sure explains to me NG and her Ron can't do any wrong attitude.

You've written one of the best articles regarding Haleigh's disappearance that I've read, Levi. The statements are concise, and you make excellent use of the facts to support your doubts. I find that so refreshing. The ending could be tighter, but otherwise it's a great read. Have you considered writing a parallel article about Misty's inconsistencies?

i would like to hear a little more of what momma Crystal was doing that night and where was she? was she in town that night? did someone call her to tell her that Misty was not home or passed out and that kids were awake with no supervision? Just a gut feeling from the beginning. I hope we find her and find out what happened that night...nuff to drive ya crazy!

Thanks for posting! Hope I wasn't long winded in the article. LOL

Levi, you do a great job of reporting the TRUTH!
Thankyou
IMO, something is wrong also with the mom TN and her mother GGS.
They are very suspicious also and had very odd behavior!
Still do as far as I am concerned.
Love to know why they stood up for Misty til lately.
Misty claimed in jailhouse video that they do drugs also????

I do think he was buying/selling controlled substances all along, and probably for years. So imo, this isn't new behavior. The only new imo, is his lack of guardedness. So much so, that he was fooled into trusting someone he had no prior knowledge of. I would think a seasoned drug dealer would be more cautious. I do think he sent Misty out the first few times, just in case, and then got involved, and perhaps that is how it's normally done, but it would seem to me that the UC would want to get the brains, not the mule, so either this hasn't been a big issue in PC, and LE was after MC and RC specifically b/c of HaLeigh and them getting away with whatever happened to her, or it is as LE has said about cleaning up the streets.

I hope it's both, and we see more drug trafficers arrested sometime soon.
moo.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member