1211 users online (243 members and 968 guests)  

Websleuths News

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

WI - Maurice Visor, 6 weeks, Milwaukee, 26 Feb 2010

Mother, 2 kids found dead in Milwaukee home, search for dead mother's 6-week-old boy

Police now searching for dead mother's missing 6-week-old boy

12:05 PM CST, February 26, 2010

WITI-TV, MILWAUKEE - Three people are found dead in a home that appears to have been set on fire near 12th and Walker on Milwaukee's south side. The victims are a 24-year-old mother and her two children, a four-year-old boy and a three-year-old girl. But officials are now also searching for the dead mother's six-week-old boy.

The missing boy is Maurice Visor. Police cannot say right now if they suspect the person that started the fire also took the infant.

Police are also searching for the dead mother's two cars. One is a white, two-door Ford Thunderbird with license plates 840-MNJ. The other vehicle is a blue, two-door Ford Taurus with no plates.

Firefighters were called to the scene at 4:40 a.m. Friday morning. The fire and the victims were both on the second story of the duplex. Officials say the victims in this case did not die as a result of the fire. They will not expand on that information.

Another family lived on the first floor of that duplex. Every member of that family escaped the fire unharmed. The Red Cross is assisting them.

Monitor FOX6 News and FOX6Now.com for updates on this developing story.

http://www.fox6now.com/news/witi-100...,4280639.story

======================
    Milwaukee Police Searching for Infant and Woman

Milwaukee police say a six-week-old boy is missing, after a suspicious fire killed his mother and two siblings on the city's south side.

Police identify the baby as Maurice Visor and fear he could be in grave danger.

Firefighters found the bodies of his mother, four-year-old-brother and three-year-old sister in a duplex that was burning in the 800 block of South 12th Street. Authorities believe the fire was intentionally set, but won't say whether the three had been killed beforehand.

Authorities say also missing, is Brittney Robertson who lives in the duplex.

Police immediately posted billboards asking for the public's assistance.

Brittney Robertson

http://www.wuwm.com/programs/news/vi...articleid=5815

============================

UPDATE: Police seek missing infant after fatal Milwaukee fire
    Posted: Feb 26, 2010 8:05 AM CST Updated: Feb 26, 2010 12:45 PM CST

MILWAUKEE (AP) -- Milwaukee police say a 6-week-old boy is missing after a suspicious fire at a duplex where the bodies of his mother and two siblings were found.

Police Capt. Kurt Leibold said Friday the missing boy is Maurice Visor. He says officers are pressing to find the boy because they believe he's in danger. Leibold would not elaborate.

At a news conference outside the southside duplex, Leibold said the 24-year-old woman, her 4-year-old son and 3-year-old daughter are homicide victims. But, he declined to provide details.

Police are also looking for two cars which belonged to the family.

http://www.wkbt.com/Global/story.asp?S=12049623
    Last edited by Texas Mist; 02-26-2010 at 06:21 PM. Reason: WTMJ News Team reports Maurice found alive & unhurt :)
    What we are doing is just a drop in the ocean.
    But if that drop was not in the ocean,
    I think the ocean would be less because of that missing drop.
    ~~ Mother Theresa ~~

Where is Rachel Cooke? Missing since 10-Jan-2002
    Rachel's thread - WS
    RachelCookeSearch.org

If this doesn't qualify for an AMBER Alert, I'm not sure what does.

ALERT–Missing children, from 800 block of S. 12th St., Friday, Feb. 26

From the Milwaukee Police:

Attached is a photo of Maurice Visor. He is a 6-week-old black male. His mother and two siblings were the victims of a homicide this morning at a home in the 800 block of S. 12th St. Maurice is currently missing and we believe could be in grave danger. We do not have a description of the person he may be with, nor of a vehicle, but we need your help in putting his picture out to the public.

Also missing is Brittney Robertson. Brittney lived at the residence where these crimes occurred and we are currently unable to locate her and are concerned for her safety.Britteny is a white female, 5′06″ tall,130 pounds, brown hair and brown eyes, both ears are pierced.

If anyone has information on the whereabouts of these two people, please call 911 and provide any information you can. We already have secured digital billboards from Lamar Advertising and Clear Channel Outdoor. We are currently in the process of securing an Amber Alert for these two people but because time is key, we want to get the information out as soon as possible.

http://bayviewcompass.com/archives/3340BBM.

BBM. Looks like they are working on the AMBER Alert.

This release from the Milwaukee Police says that the "woman" from the articles is a "child". At least, I'm assuming that's what they're saying? Since it says missing "children"???

ETA:
    The police announced two missing children today at 1:33pm. One is a 6-week-old black male, Maurice Visor, and the other is Brittney Robertson, a young white female whose age was not released.
    Last edited by SheWhoMustNotBeNamed; 02-26-2010 at 05:47 PM.

It appears that Brittany is 20 yrs old? SO I am assuming they are looking for thinking she has the baby? several court records in milwaukee for her.

ETA: Brittanys birthdate is 2-7-1988
    Last edited by mahoneys07; 02-26-2010 at 06:17 PM. Reason: adding info
    You are braver than you believe, stronger than you seem,
    smarter than you think, and loved more than you know...

Looks like they are NOT issuing an AMBER Alert, and NOT naming the woman as a suspect or POI...

Milwaukee cops seek missing boy, woman after boy's mom, 2 siblings found dead in burning home

Authorities were searching Friday for a 6-week-old boy whose mother and two young siblings were found dead after a fire in their home, as well as a 20-year-old woman who lived at the residence.

Police were treating the deaths of the 24-year-old woman, her 4-year-old son and 3-year-old daughter as homicides, Milwaukee Police Capt. Kurt Leibold said. Their bodies were found after a fire at their home that was reported early Friday.

[snip]

When asked whether Robertson was considered a suspect, Schwartz said Robertson was "a critical missing person, along with the baby."

[snip]

Police were unable to issue an Amber Alert because they didn't have enough information for one, Leibold said.

"The criteria isn't matching because we do not have a person to name or a possible vehicle the boy is in," he said.

Three people who lived downstairs from the family escaped the fire.

More: http://www.latimes.com/news/nationwo...,3509477.story

Missing Six Week Old Boy Found Alive
    By WTMJ News Team

MILWAUKEE - Milwaukee Police say a six week old boy has been found alive and unhurt outside of a church on the city's north side. Maurice Visor went missing after his mother and two of his siblings were found murdered in their duplex early Friday morning.

Officers are still searching for a 20-year-old woman, Brittney Robertson. Maurice is black. Brittney is white, 5'6" and weighs 130 pounds. She had brown hair and brown eyes. Both her her ears are pierced.

more here

http://www.todaystmj4.com/news/local/85465952.html

I hope it's true the baby was found alive because I read earlier that the g-pa said he was alive, but reporter said that wasn't true.

I'm going to hope it is true, tho!!
    ~~ Mother Theresa ~~

Rachel's thread - WS
    RachelCookeSearch.org

So I am assuming we are going to be looking at Brittany eventually as a suspect of the murders and arson?
    You are braver than you believe, stronger than you seem,
    smarter than you think, and loved more than you know...

Quote Originally Posted by Texas Mist View Post
    [FONT="Microsoft Sans Serif"][SIZE="3"][COLOR="DarkGreen"]Missing Six Week Old Boy Found Alive
    By WTMJ News Team

MILWAUKEE - Milwaukee Police say a six week old boy has been found alive and unhurt outside of a church on the city's north side
    Thank God!! I'm so thankful that this girl/whomever took him came to their senses. While I am ever so thankful that Maurice was spared from murder, that doesn't in any way get you off the hook for the murder of his mommy and brother and sister.

Grandpa 'elated' after missing Wis. infant found

Milwaukee-area grandfather is 'elated' after his 6-week-old grandson was found safe, hours after the boy's mother and brothers were discovered dead.

Terry Visor of Bay View says he didn't know what to expect when the three were found dead in their burning home early Friday morning. The infant, Maurice Visor Jr., was missing for several hours before he was found abandoned but safe outside a church.

Terry Visor says he was ecstatic when Maurice was found. He says holding him again will be awesome.

More: http://www.wkowtv.com/Global/story.asp?S=12053817

Brittney Robertson found dead on northwest side

9:07 PM CST, February 26, 2010

<snip>

Police were searching for 19-year-old Brittney Robertson, who lived in the family's home. They found her dead on the northwest side of Milwaukee about 6:15 p.m. Friday.

http://www.fox6now.com/news/witi-100...,4280639.story

I tried to find more info on Brittney but only found pretty much the same - that she was found dead early this evening.

Why were 2 cars missing??

Why would she kill Maurice's mom & 2 kids, leave w/ him then leave him on a sidewalk?

Prayers for the families....none of this may ever make sense.
    ~~ Mother Theresa ~~

Rachel's thread - WS
    RachelCookeSearch.org

Wow. How very odd.

Hopefully they will soon know if her death was homicide or suicide. That may give them (and us) something to go on.

So very sad. Those boys were gorgeous.

http://www.jsonline.com/news/milwaukee/85506857.html

The body of Brittney Robertson, 19, was found on the northwest side about 6:15 p.m., according to a police news release.

The release did not say how Robertson died or where her body was found, however the Milwaukee County medical examiner's office confirmed that it was contacted about a shooting in the area of N. 101st and W. Kiehnau Ave. about the time Robertson's body was found.
    Very odd.

Just a thought: I wonder if Brittney was claiming to be pregnant to a current boyfriend or ex? She needed to produce a child and took this avenue to do so.

I'm glad the baby was found safe and unharmed. Saddened that the POI likely did herself in. She should have had to answer for what (I'm assuming) she did to this family.

~ JMO ~

I respect other's opinions but I certainly disagree with the convoluted theory that this girl was trying to produce a child for someone!
    Two cars were missing, if I recall correctly? And this young Woman was a "critical missing person, not POI?"
    This case is already stranger than the dickens as it is.
    MOO
    If Marc could still smile big, so can I.

Quote Originally Posted by PercyVeer View Post
    I respect other's opinions but I certainly disagree with the convoluted theory that this girl was trying to produce a child for someone!
    Two cars were missing, if I recall correctly? And this young Woman was a "critical missing person, not POI?"
    This case is already stranger than the dickens as it is.
    MOO
    Respectfully - As you are entitled to your opinion, I would appreciate if my own thoughts weren't deemed as convoluted. There are many stories of babies being stolen from their homes, even from their mothers wombs. In this day and age we have to consider this as a possibility. As I'm sure LE is/has.

We've heard numerous stories over the years of desperate women doing the unthinkable to obtain an infant. I don't believe LE was defining Brittney as critical because she was in danger. I believe she was defined as critical because they believed she had the baby. But again, that's just my opinion from the little bit of information we've received.

The fact that the baby has been found alive and Brittney has been found deceased only solidifies for me that this is a likely scenario. It is anything but convoluted.

ETA: Two media links report LE naming Brittany a POI

http://www.latimes.com/news/nationwo...,3509477.story

http://www.todaystmj4.com/news/local/85465952.html
    Last edited by Disguiseduser0308; 02-27-2010 at 03:19 AM.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast