Jose Baez has his own podcast. "What's juicy? What's sexy?"

Status
Not open for further replies.

sleutherontheside

Retired WS Staff
Reaction score
Quote respect... "What's juicy? What's sexy?" by JB during this interview.

On November 29, 2009 Jose was generous enough to give an interview to Blog Talk Forensics.

He was interviewed by Leslie sitting in for Larry Daniel .Here is the link to this rather informative "event".

http://itunes.apple.com/us/podcast/id304701292 #13 is his podcast.

Due to "technical difficulties" JB was late on the call. He later admitted his confusion on being held in queue and that he was "not all there with technology".

Studying criminology at FSU he aspired to a career in federal LE. It was a "girl" that inspired him to change his plan. His GF at the time was in law school.

I will offer more "highlights" in the next post.

Most people should look at the role of the cross examination in the search for the truth. If it can't pass cross then it shouldn't be evidence.

Jose considers the CSI effect argument to be a cop out. (odd since AL has an opposing view according to her lectures IMO)

Juries expect forensics in a case and when there is a lack of evidence, it hurts the prosecutions case.

Why is the KC case so high profile??????? According to Jose Baez...

The case grabbed the nations attention for various reasons.
The Fl. discovery laws.
The circumstances surrounding Caylee's disappearance.
An attractive young woman was accused of this crime.
Caylee was an adorable little girl.
Strange and bizarre facts were thrown into the mix.

Jose feels that the general public has a detachment with the case. he compares it to a video game where you have violent games yet players are detached from it.

The media is responsible because of the old saying.."When it bleeds, it leads."

Viewers =dollars .

"What is juicy? What is sexy?" (I find that a very odd comment)

Jose states he does not really read blogs or anything unless he is perusing them in search of humor.

More to come.

Thank you. I'm downloading it to my ipod but I really really don't want to.

Maybe I'll listen to it while on the threadmill tomorrow. Two punishments at once?

When asked about picking experts on the team....

According to JB...... you look for the best qualified to give an opinion but you also consider if they will be able to communicate well to the jury.

His "test"....."if they can explain it to me, they can explain it to anyone."

He conducts background checks on experts. Certain skeletons in the closet can't be overcome.

Discusses that if an expert has been kicked out of a reputable organization or have been accused of testifying untruthfully can hurt. He also considers their previous testimony.

He addresses the Henry Lee and Phil Spector trial. He says.... He didn't believe HL would do such a thing.....that the evidence against him was not strong, and that he was best for the job.

Discussed that F. Lee Bailey called him personally to advise him on the case. That he had more experience going into the KC case than FLB had in the Sam Shepherd case.

All in all very worthy listening.

The host asked him : "Why did this case become so high profile...not every case does?
Baez: "Unfortunately...they do not".

You just can't make this stuff up!!

He said on this high profile case he runs everything he does by a team of lawyers. Lord, help me Jesus...a team of lawyers let these documents, wrong on the facts, wrong on the law out of the door!!!
I was hoping it was one new intern, very green, overworked, in a hurry, running up hill...both ways.

Yeah, the strange and bizarre facts were George, Cindy, and Lee.

I'm so glad he feels he's that important to hear from.

His "test"....."if they can explain it to me, they can explain it to anyone."

He conducts background checks on experts. Certain skeletons in the closet can't be overcome.

Discussed that F. Lee Bailey called him personally to advise him on the case. That he had more experience going into the KC case than FLB had in the Sam Shepherd case.

All in all very worthy listening.

respectfully snipped by me.

OMG. So by that first statement, anyone can be an expert. I mean, anyone can be an expert by that standard. *snicker*

So he did background checks on his experts, but NOT on any witnesses he's chosen? Wow. I don't have proof, but c'mon, anyone can see he is not doing his homework on the any of the witnesses so far.

And y'know, despite that last statement, he's bungled this case up so bad, I wonder if he will have any career left after this case. What an egomaniac! I wonder if F. Lee Bailey is refusing to return Baez's calls now...

Y'all are right, you just can't make this up!

The job of the prosecutor is not to win the case but to ensure that truthful evidence comes forward.

Regarding cross examination....It's not about twisting the evidence, it's about putting it to the test. If it is true it can't be discredited.

He shares a case he tried that included a shooting. He said there was lots of blood....that LE didn't take dna swabs and test for gun shot residue. He shared that the jury was frustrated (or was it frushtrated???) that LE didn't take adequate samples.

People forget that KC is human. That she could easily be anyone's daughter or friend.

There are experts that live and breathe a case....then there are experts that do the bare minimum and charge for every minute on the case. You have to find a middle ground. If the expert seems too emotionally invested in the case.....they will not be perceived as an independent opinion.
You have to find that middle ground.

He knows that his every move will be more heavily scrutinized than normal. It requires he do double work. He states that he makes no move without consulting all the other attorneys working on the case before acting. ( IMO I doubt that)

He states that you are always scrutinized and analyzed by those that know less than you do. ( ummmmmmmmmm :rolling: )

Commenting on why he is was not well known...
because most of his trials were in the hispanic community. The English community didn't know a lot about him because of the language issue.

Many lawyers have been VERY gratuitous in their advice. (is that because he can't pay for consulting???)

The problems he has encountered in this case are such rare issues that even lawyers with much more experience were unable to advise.

Pearls of wisdom from JB if someone gets stopped by the popo.....
One should not feel that they are not cooperating if they do not speak to LE.
You should always have an attorney present.
If you speak without an attorney present your words can be misinterpreted and used to wrongfully convict you.

The information shared in this thread was gleaned from review of aforementioned and linked "podcast". The information shared on this thread is based upon statements made by JB himself and does not reflect the opinion of the poster or of WS as an entity. No animals, minerals, or other objects were harmed in the posting of this information. Feel free to form your own opinion regarding the podcast. This information was posted for the purpose of sharing information retrieved from the www and does not violate any laws or ethical considerations IMO.

Somebody please let me know when his 15 minutes are up. Mr. Warhol did not take into account the explosion of media outlets ahead. Sadly, that should of REDUCED everybody's fame time. I guess it is impossible to measure and predict entropy especially when people are involved.

did jb say the words "whats juicy" "what's sexy" ?

Wow...almost didn't see your question the color was so light. BBM and highlight by me.....

Yes....when discussing media and crime story coverage....he mentioned "What's juicy.....what's sexy?" in his answer.

Wow...almost didn't see your question the color was so light. BBM and highlight by me.....

Yes....when discussing media and crime story coverage....he mentioned "What's juicy.....what's sexy?" in his answer.

Sorry. I was sort of grossed out to ask the question with those words together. lol.:innocent:

....uuuurp.

skuse me.
1.gif

The host asked him : "Why did this case become so high profile...not every case does?
Baez: "Unfortunately...they do not".

You just can't make this stuff up!!

He said on this high profile case he runs everything he does by a team of lawyers. Lord, help me Jesus...a team of lawyers let these documents, wrong on the facts, wrong on the law out of the door!!!
I was hoping it was one new intern, very green, overworked, in a hurry, running up hill...both ways.

At least he has a "team of lawyers" to count on. ~Whew!~

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member