View Poll Results: Leonard Padilla: Should He Bail Out Elizabeth Johnson?

Voters
84. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes! It's a great idea for LP to put up the bail $$$

    0 0%
  • Yes! LP should put up the bail $$$ but only under strict & specific terms

    18 21.43%
  • No! Leonard should not put up bail under any circumstances

    56 66.67%
  • Maybe... I'm just not sure if this is a good idea or a bad one

    10 11.90%
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 25 of 58

Thread: Leonard Padilla: Should he Bail out Elizabeth Johnson?

  1. #1

    Exclamation Leonard Padilla: Should he Bail out Elizabeth Johnson?

    Gabriel Johnson's family has been in touch with Leonard Padilla. (See Gabe's facebook Bring Gabriel Home under comments made 10 hours ago from the time of this post by family member Kelli: http://en-gb.facebook.com/group.php?...d=251236072296)

    I know many of you are familiar with Leonard and his involvement in other cases

    Now, we don't know what Gabe's family is discussing with Leonard, but if it happens to be whether LP should offer to bail out Elizabeth, what do you think of that?

    Vote yay or nay on a bail offer in the poll, and then jump in the thread and give your thoughts on the benefits or disadvantages of LP's involvement in this case, whatever that involvement may come to be.

    I expect this may be a lively thread

    Please keep in mind that Gabe's family reads here, and that this is a very hard time for them, as they search for their much-loved baby boy.

    Thanks for participating!
    BeanE

  2. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to BeanE For This Useful Post:


  3. #2
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    In the Woods In Georgia
    Posts
    5,518
    No! I don't think LP should bail out Elizabeth. I guess because I firmly believe that if EJ was going to spill anything useful, Gabriel would be home with Logan now, or his body would have already been found.


    My hopes are that if the family are asking for LP's involvement, it is in a way that will benefit Gabriel, such as donating to the reward to bring him home, or information leading to him. Surely the family has seen how LP offers to throw his money away on people such as Misty and Casey...maybe this could give him a chance to put his money where his mouth is and honestly help bring a child home where at least the family is desperately out there searching...

  4. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to mydailyopinions For This Useful Post:


  5. #3
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    California
    Posts
    6,904
    Absolutely not- no, no, no!

    I like Padilla as a person well enough- but, he needs to stay out of the way and let law enforcement do their job.

    Bailing Elizabeth out would produce the exact same results as bailing Casey Anthony out- meaning no results at all.

    Can't Padilla find other ways to get the publicity he seems to crave? Like, write a book, or something? (Hey, Leonard- write a book! I'll buy it).

    Let Elizabeth spend the rest of her life in prison for what she has done to Gabriel and Logan. She's right where she belongs!
    .... ....... My posts are my opinion, only.

  6. The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to smart blonde For This Useful Post:


  7. #4
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    California
    Posts
    6,904
    I'll tell you what- if I thought there was even the slightest chance that Elizabeth would tell the truth about what she did to/with Gabriel, and where he can be found now, I might have given a different answer.

    But, she would have to give up that information first, and Gabriel would have to be located first, and that is just not going to happen.
    .... ....... My posts are my opinion, only.

  8. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to smart blonde For This Useful Post:


  9. #5
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Posts
    5,061
    I voted no but the only possibility I can see is if EJ gives up the location of Gabriel before she is released. Kind of like the offer he says he has for Misty. No baby, no bail. She claims she is not helping find him now because she will have to spend 20 years in jail even if he does come home but if she could help find him maybe they would go easier on her during the sentencing. I really don't care if she is in jail or not as long as Gabriel comes home.

  10. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to DairyGirl For This Useful Post:


  11. #6
    Quote Originally Posted by DairyGirl View Post
    I voted no but the only possibility I can see is if EJ gives up the location of Gabriel before she is released. Kind of like the offer he says he has for Misty. No baby, no bail. She claims she is not helping find him now because she will have to spend 20 years in jail even if he does come home but if she could help find him maybe they would go easier on her during the sentencing. I really don't care if she is in jail or not as long as Gabriel comes home.
    No baby, no bail. I love that.

    What if she harmed Gabe. Should LP bail her out if she gives up the location of Gabe's body?

  12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to BeanE For This Useful Post:


  13. #7
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Posts
    5,061
    Quote Originally Posted by BeanE View Post
    No baby, no bail. I love that.

    What if she harmed Gabe. Should LP bail her out if she gives up the location of Gabe's body?
    I don't know what good it would do. Wouldn't she just be arrested for murder as soon as the body was found? No incentive to confess to that. If she did do the unthinkable I don't see any way she would do that. She is better off taking her chances on the kidnapping charges.

  14. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to DairyGirl For This Useful Post:


  15. #8
    What if she gave up information that led LE directly to a live, well, healthy, and physically unharmed and unexploited Gabe? Should LP then put bail $$$ for her?

    What if she gave up info that led LE directly to a poorly taken care of, or hurt (but alive), or exploited Gabe? Should LP then put the bail $$$ up?

  16. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to BeanE For This Useful Post:


  17. #9
    Quote Originally Posted by DairyGirl View Post
    I don't know what good it would do. Wouldn't she just be arrested for murder as soon as the body was found? No incentive to confess to that. If she did do the unthinkable I don't see any way she would do that. She is better off taking her chances on the kidnapping charges.
    Well now that I think about it, they'd just charge her with homicide and not let her out bail or no bail on the current charges.

    Never mind. I need coffee. I'd also like a donut.

  18. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to BeanE For This Useful Post:


  19. #10
    EJ has already stated that she is looking at 20 years, no matter what. She strikes me as being very self-serving and if it doesn't benefit EJ to talk, she will keep her mouth shut - which is what she's done so far. If she were freed on bail, I still don't see her as willing to say or do anything that could tack more time onto her sentence.

    If I am wrong about her motives being self-serving (if she truly believes she did the best she could for Gabe by giving him away), then she would still not be willing to give up the information. In my eyes and MOO, though, she is looking out for herself and herself only. Either way, I don't think she will talk.

    Please pass the donuts.

  20. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to b4e For This Useful Post:


  21. #11
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    STEELER COUNTRY!
    Posts
    24,327
    Nope, let her rot in jail til she tells the truth!!!
    Kyron, HALEIGH, ADJI & Gabriel NEEDS PRAYERS NOW TO FIND THEM!. Zahra & Jonathan in heaven
    Justice for Hailey!!!!
    No Justice for Caylee Marie..........

  22. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to passionflower For This Useful Post:


  23. #12
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Posts
    3,987
    flat out no baby no bail. him bailing casey anthony out accpmplished absolutely nothing. it will accomplish nothing here. I am pretty sure that a grand jury would be happy to bring forth a murder change and if the baby is alive, that will be the only thing to get her to talk IMO.

    I dont know about yall but I am pretty sure that if my 3 yo went missing and I texted my husband to say I had killed him - I'd be all up on a murder charge.

    like the rest of you, I want this baby brought home to his dad but momma aint talking til she's really worried.

  24. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to 2goldfish For This Useful Post:


  25. #13
    Kimberlyd125's Avatar
    Kimberlyd125 is offline Softball is for everyone. Fast pitch is for athletes.
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Louisiana
    Posts
    15,499
    LP should go back to his normal business and leave all these high profile cases alone.
    IMO he does more harm than good.

    He does this for the spotlight.

  26. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Kimberlyd125 For This Useful Post:


  27. #14
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    1,510
    First, even though Leonard has been involved with bailing women out of jail, he is not a bail bondsman - he's a bounty hunter. I think he said Rob Dick is his nephew - and Rob is the bail bondsman. So, it's possible that Gabe's family COULD be talking to Leonard from the bounty hunter standpoint.

    Second, I think EJ has told the truth - to an extent. I honestly don't think that she knows who took him or where he is - I think she may have been told one thing, and then something else happened, since I STILL firmly believe that TS orchestrated this whole thing.

    IF EJ is bailed out, I think it should be on terms of getting her to explain why she went to the salon, the laundromat, etc.

  28. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to artsy1 For This Useful Post:


  29. #15
    Bounty hunter out after whoever's holding Gabe. That's an interesting thought.

    What else could LP be offering to do in this case? He offered to buy the property where Caylee's remains were found. Now he's offering to help Caylee's grandparents on their foreclosure. No home or property in Gabe's case though.

  30. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to BeanE For This Useful Post:


  31. #16
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    1,510
    Well, the other thing is that LP and TM of Texas Equisearch are friends. Maybe LP is trying to convince TM to take the case, since I'm sure after TM got burned by CA's family, he's probably a little reluctant to take on a high profile case again.

  32. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to artsy1 For This Useful Post:


  33. #17
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    684
    He's a bounty hunter!!! Why doesn't he go hunt down the location of where Gabriel is at instead of bailing EJ out. At this point I don't think EJ knows where he is. I think she could help by telling the truth on what really happened but she probably, by choice, does not know the exact location of where Gabriel is right now. She didn't even want to know where TS lived. Even if she does talk what will her motivation be if she's out of jail? If she talks, she'll go right back to jail. Once she gets out, what are they going to do? Follow her? Trace her calls? She's smarter than that. Don't bail her out! Let her rot!

  34. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to TXHOPE For This Useful Post:


  35. #18
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Around here somewhere
    Posts
    12,732
    I don't think it's a good idea. If she killed him, she'll never tell. If she sold or gave him away, I doubt she has any more info. She would only muddy the waters.

  36. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to not_my_kids For This Useful Post:


  37. #19
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Memphis
    Posts
    1,286
    If LM and his family have spoke to LP about this, and they feel he can help, then far be it from me to think otherwise......whatever they feel they have to do I'm 100% behind them, whether I agree or disagree....JMO

  38. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to kappy50 For This Useful Post:


  39. #20
    Angel Who Cares's Avatar
    Angel Who Cares is offline If you seek an angel with an open heart, you shall always find one.
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Downriver Area, Michigan
    Posts
    22,965
    Quote Originally Posted by BeanE View Post
    Bounty hunter out after whoever's holding Gabe. That's an interesting thought.

    What else could LP be offering to do in this case? He offered to buy the property where Caylee's remains were found. Now he's offering to help Caylee's grandparents on their foreclosure. No home or property in Gabe's case though.
    Quote Originally Posted by artsy1 View Post
    Well, the other thing is that LP and TM of Texas Equisearch are friends. Maybe LP is trying to convince TM to take the case, since I'm sure after TM got burned by CA's family, he's probably a little reluctant to take on a high profile case again.
    It would be nice if this is why he is in contact with them. I voted yes with strick rules etc.....only because I hope & pray that Gabe was given away, by EJ to an underground adoption group. The other choice is that he is no longer with us & EJ in NO way will ever reveal this information to LP.

    I would also love for TES to come help or give advice to the family & searchers! I know Tim's wife is very ill with cancer, & isn't being active in any searches, he is spending time with his wife for an unknown length of time. He does have a head team handling any new/old cases, searches, & day to day decisions.

    Only for these reasons did I vote yes w/stipulations etc.! I'm not 100% convinced on bailing EJ out, but to come help Logan search for Gabe....The more eyes the better to help find him!

    If anything LP does bring media attention & I feel that "Our Little Angel Gabriel isn't getting enough coverage. If an underground adoption took place the whole world needs to know little Gabe's face & that he is missing!

    Prayers For Gabe & All Of His Loved Ones!

    <div style=text-align: center;><a href=http://www.websleuths.com/forums/picture.php?albumid=605&pictureid=4615 target=_blank>http://www.websleuths.com/forums/pic...pictureid=4615</a></div>
    Angels around us, angels beside us, angels within us. Angels are watching over you when times are good or stressed. Their wings wrap gently around you, whispering you are loved and blessed.
    -- Angel Blessing

  40. The Following User Says Thank You to Angel Who Cares For This Useful Post:


  41. #21
    Kimberlyd125's Avatar
    Kimberlyd125 is offline Softball is for everyone. Fast pitch is for athletes.
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Louisiana
    Posts
    15,499
    Quote Originally Posted by BeanE View Post
    Bounty hunter out after whoever's holding Gabe. That's an interesting thought.

    What else could LP be offering to do in this case? He offered to buy the property where Caylee's remains were found. Now he's offering to help Caylee's grandparents on their foreclosure. No home or property in Gabe's case though.

    And, didn't LP buy Misty Croslin's father a used car recently?

  42. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Kimberlyd125 For This Useful Post:


  43. #22
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Memphis
    Posts
    1,286
    Quote Originally Posted by Angel Who Cares View Post
    It would be nice if this is why he is in contact with them. I voted yes with strick rules etc.....only because I hope & pray that Gabe was given away, by EJ to an underground adoption group. The other choice is that he is no longer with us & EJ in NO way will ever reveal this information to LP.

    I would also love for TES to come help or give advice to the family & searchers! I know Tim's wife is very ill with cancer, & isn't being active in any searches, he is spending time with his wife for an unknown length of time. He does have a head team handling any new/old cases, searches, & day to day decisions.

    Only for these reasons did I vote yes w/stipulations etc.! I'm not 100% convinced on bailing EJ out, but to come help Logan search for Gabe....The more eyes the better to help find him!

    If anything LP does bring media attention & I feel that "Our Little Angel Gabriel isn't getting enough coverage. If an underground adoption took place the whole world needs to know little Gabe's face & that he is missing!

    Prayers For Gabe & All Of His Loved Ones!

    Perfectly said Angel!!!! Sorry to hear about Tim's wife...did not know...Prayers be with them!

  44. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to kappy50 For This Useful Post:


  45. #23
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Posts
    135
    I really don't see any point of LP getting EJ out of jail. she will only make up some lie to get bonded out and it serves no point. Why does LP bail out these women??? its not gonna make them tell the truth cause they are sick women and if they care at all about their babies, they wouldn't be in all this mess in the first place. I say get out of the way LP and let PD do there job....

  46. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to hotmomma35 For This Useful Post:


  47. #24
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Posts
    28,895
    Quote Originally Posted by BeanE View Post
    No baby, no bail. I love that.

    What if she harmed Gabe. Should LP bail her out if she gives up the location of Gabe's body?
    I say a deal is a deal and actually, I like this deal. No baby, no bail. If she harmed Gabe, but tells where he is and the baby is found, then yes, even then she can be bailed out. If she did harm Gabe, her time out will be short and will end with her conviction for harming Gabe. I could stand her out for a few months if it meant that Gabe could be home, whatever the circumstances.

    Salem

  48. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Salem For This Useful Post:


  49. #25
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Posts
    28,895
    Quote Originally Posted by hotmomma35 View Post
    I really don't see any point of LP getting EJ out of jail. she will only make up some lie to get bonded out and it serves no point. Why does LP bail out these women??? its not gonna make them tell the truth cause they are sick women and if they care at all about their babies, they wouldn't be in all this mess in the first place. I say get out of the way LP and let PD do there job....
    Actually I think he only bailed out Casey, right? Now he is talking with Misty. I really think LP does it with the intent of bringing the child home. Yes, there is publicity involved and he does seem to enjoy it. But I think he learned a valuable lesson when he bailed out Casey and she told him to stick it in his ear. That wasn't the deal. Casey was supposed to produce Caylee

    So now, if he changes his method to child first, bail second and the child comes home, I could live with that.

    Salem

    I do agree with all the points about the media circus.

  50. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Salem For This Useful Post:


Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Radio show w/ Leonard Padilla tomorrow night
    By Levi in forum Caylee Anthony 2 years old
    Replies: 17
    Last Post: 10-12-2009, 04:34 PM
  2. Leonard Padilla
    By epresley in forum Caylee Anthony 2 years old
    Replies: 53
    Last Post: 12-27-2008, 11:12 AM
  3. Video of Leonard Padilla Explaining Last Nights Statements
    By kathyn2 in forum Caylee Anthony 2 years old
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 09-03-2008, 09:30 PM

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •