Please read

Tricia

Manager Websleuths.com
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Yesterday I had to ban a member of WS named Shylock. I accused Shylock of being another poster. For reasons I won't go into it is apparent Shylock either is this other person or knows this person.

Shylock and I e-mailed a few times. Here is an email Shylock sent me claiming I had it wrong concerning my claim that she/he is another poster.

To: <tgrif@xmission.com>
Sent: Wednesday, July 07, 2004 5:41 PM
Subject: Re: snafu

And here I thought you had just made another of your blonde-moment
mistakes!...LOL
I'll tell you what Tricia darl'in, not only do you have the wrong person,
of the wrong age, and the wrong area of the country, but you've got the
wrong gender! You need to pay more attention to what your forum users
write if you're going to make it in the sleuthing business.
And the best part is, that plump little butt of yours would be in total
s-h-o-c-k if you knew who I REALLY was!

My response:
wow. you make yourself out to be quite the big person. I doubt if I
would be shocked at anything. Let alone who you are. Really I could give a rats :(:(:(.
If you think I am such an :(:(:(:(:(:(:( why did you continue to post? Why not just leave and start your own forum?

Shylocks response.

:(:(:(:(:(:(:(? Quite the contrary - even though I think you're in way over your
head running a crime forum...Read on, it's about to get *REALLY* good.

(Tricia) "Why not just leave and start your own forum?"

Ahhh, the moment of truth...which sadly also brings my departure, and the
end to this brief encounter we have shared. It's time to throw you a REAL
"bone" Tricia, and then get the hell outta here for good. (Don't ya just
LOVE a good play-on-words!)

Unfortunately, due to an 11th hour occupational emergency, my plans of
crashing your little "petition party" in Boulder had to be cancelled. My
sole intent, with what was to be a surprise introduction, was to get that
saucy little bod of yours in the sack. (Trust me when I tell you it
wouldn't have required much of an effort on my part - it never does.) (I
can also gaurantee you that your "petition" would have been a distant
second in your thoughts on your return home.)

Sayonara Trish, I leave you now not only to wonder who I was, but to
wonder what one of the really unforgetable nights of your life would have
been like...

I have been stalked and threatened many times due to my line of work in the entertainment industry. I can handle myself. I know what to do and what to look out for. If this scumwad would have shown up it would have been ugly for this person. Trust me. I don't go anywhere unprepared.

What upsets me is I had a group of wonderful posters with me in Boulder. They don't deserve this type of threat. I feel responsible for their safety. If this would have shown up....my blood is boiling just thinking about it.

If anyone has had any dealings with Shylock please let me know.

Thanks
Tricia

Sprocket said:
I doubt this individual will go away that easily. I'm sure they will try to resurect themselves here and/or FFJ.

You're right Sproket. I'll be watching though.

Is it me or is this email a veiled rape threat. Or is just someone's ego out of control.

Tricia

". My
sole intent, with what was to be a surprise introduction, was to get that
saucy little bod of yours in the sack. (Trust me when I tell you it
wouldn't have required much of an effort on my part - it never does.) (I
can also gaurantee you that your "petition" would have been a distant
second in your thoughts on your return home.)"

I would say that is certainly some sort of a sexual threat.
I am speechless! :silenced:

Trace the IP and let us know where this nutjob is willya? That way we'll know where to avoid going....

Tricia said:
You're right Sproket. I'll be watching though.

Is it me or is this email a veiled rape threat. Or is just someone's ego out of control.
I think it's either the fantasy of a male out-of-control ego or a female trying to impersonate one. I didn't see it as a rape threat when I first read it although I can see how one might interpret it that way.

Major dead giveaway, "if you knew who I really was".

Gee, now JustWhere have I seen that before?

Sprocket said:
Do people really speak this way? ROFL! Just wonderin'....

That's why I think this person is nuts. My body is anything but "saucy." LOL.

Saggy yes. Saucy no.

Tricia said:
My body is anything but "saucy." LOL.
You should see how lumpy my gravy is :doh:

~~

But seriously, what a low life to pen things like that :loser: and then to hide their identity.

The sexual talk is such overkill makes me think it's a woman trying to sound like (what she thinks) a man would. (she must have some real great men in her life) :rolleyes:

Tricia ... I noticed that one of the emais to you had this:

"Read on, it's about to get *REALLY* good"

I have noticed a poster in the past here typing with the asterisks like that around words... it may not mean anything, but it could help.

thanks

I do that! Sometimes asterisks and sometimes hashes (#). I think others do too.

Jayelles said:
LOL Jayelles I was going to say the *same* thing. :D

That email IS creepy and weird but I think its someone with too much time on their hands and a lack of oxygen to their brain!!! Full of cheesy "bodice ripper type" sex fantasies and faux intrigue w/ the "Guess who I am!!" nonsense-please!
Dont play into the drama Tricia!!
I think its a woman pretending to be male and Im sure if you just thought about some of the crackpots on the web (esp.those who are JBR case "experts") you could norrow the "suspects" down!!!! (but thats just moo!)

I wonder why Shylock spent so much time pretending to be a decent poster was it just to heighten the drama when they "unmasked" themselves??<yawn>What a :loser:

Jayelles said:

yeah, but how do you spell guarantee??

this same poster typed that word wrong and used a few words that aren't too common such as those in the email above.

Jayelles said:

yeah, you did have two writing style things in common, you were on the list I had narrowed it down to, but I knew it wasn't you...
this person spells guarantee the same incorrect way on this board and was a previous poster here.... and uses words like plump and a few other things...
I put on my sleuth hat and narrowed it down from a list of 10 to a list of 2.....

eyespy said:
yeah, you did have two writing style things in common, you were on the list I had narrowed it down to, but I knew it wasn't you...
this person spells guarantee the same incorrect way on this board and was a previous poster here.... and uses words like plump and a few other things...
I put on my sleuth hat and narrowed it down from a list of 10 to a list of 2.....

Well Tricia knows it wasn't me. I have an EXCELLENT alibi :) But the other person?

Jayelles said:
Well Tricia knows it wasn't me. I have an EXCELLENT alibi :) But the other person?

I don't want to falsely accuse anyone, I just did some sleuthing and emailed Tricia... she wrote in this thiread that she suspected it was someone else using a new hat, so if the person I told her was my hunch and the person she thought are the same person, then we have a match.... :)
I'll leave that up to Tricia to decide ... I emailed her twice with more information and other posts I found here on this site with the same spellings, word choices and types of attitude when posting.
It's a 99% match in my books.

Could be someone who likes to impersonate males....and play guessing games.....maybe it's that old *trickster* again...SS. :eek:

Imo

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
archangel78100
Back