Thread: Developing a BRACE Character Profile of Renata Antoinette Monet

Developing a BRACE Character Profile of Renata Antoinette Monet

Developing a BRACE Character Profile of Renata Antoinette Monet

Based on a suggestion from OneLostGirl, several participants in the Transgendered Person Slays Pastor, Satanic Manifesto Found thread in the Crimes in the news section expressed an interest in developing a BRACE Character Profile of Renata Antoinette Monet, formerly Bobby Allan LaíLoge. Over the next few weeks, several threads will be started in the Jury Room to develop the input ratings for the profile. Once developed, the 75 input ratings will be entered into a spreadsheet which will automatically generate various graphics and charts to be used for an analysis of Renata Antoinette Monetís cognitive-behavioral-existential/motivational functioning Ė a BRACE Character Profile psychological autopsy.

Participants in this rating process are encouraged to read the posts in the Transgendered Person Slays Pastor, Satanic Manifesto Found thread (Crimes in the news) and the news articles and websites mentioned. Of course, anyone with firsthand knowledge of Renata Antoinette Monet is encouraged to post regardless of what articles and posts they have read.

NOTE: You do not have to post input ratings in order to comment on or discuss the rating items or Renata Antoinette Monetís related characteristics. Some items will be very easy to rate, others will be very difficult. Over the course of the rating process, you may change your mind several times as you gain new information and discuss the items. You will have an opportunity to post your final set of input ratings at the conclusion of the rating process. If you do not wish to publicly post your ratings, PM your final ratings to me. I will subsequently establish a final consensus set of input ratings -- somebody has to be the parser.

Feel free to work with one or more other individuals in developing your set of input ratings. The key to a valid set of ratings is a rich knowledge base, good critical thinking skills, and strict adherence to the rating procedures. The more you share about the basis of your ratings and the nature of your knowledge base, the easier it will be for me to weight the value of your input. However, such information is not necessary for participation.

For additional information about the rating procedures, www.bracecharacterprofile.com is designed so you can practice by rating Hannibal Lecter. Also, there are free downloads available related to the BRACE Character Profile (http://www.braceanalysis.com/profile.html ), including the BRACE Character Profile Manual and the program for generating the graphics and charts for an analysis. Those who participate in rating Renata Antoinette Monet will learn how to rate other "people of interest" to them.

All of my posts in these threads are my personal opinions, which are subject to change with new information.

Thank you for the invitation OneLostGirl,
    Russell
    Even chaos is well patterned.

2. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Knot4u2no For This Useful Post:

Thanks for your hard work Russell. Do you want these here in the private area?

4. The Following User Says Thank You to JBean For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by JBean View Post
    Thanks for your hard work Russell. Do you want these here in the private area?
    I don't think so, but I'm open to suggestion.

Russell

we can probably just put them in the crime section? let me think about where the best place is. this is a lot of hard and intense work.

Had a busier weekend that I planned, so I did not get to do too much with this yet. I AM interested in taking part, and will watch for a decision on how we are going to proceed.

Quote Originally Posted by Knot4u2no View Post
    For additional information about the rating procedures, www.bracecharacterprofile.com is designed so you can practice by rating Hannibal Lecter.
    I did go through this, and found it interesting. I was wondering, as I did, whether the profile is based on the movie character as portrayed by Anthony Hopkins, the books themselves, or a combination of the two. I have seen all the movies, but only once each except for SotLambs. On the other hand, I've read the novels several times each. My answers seemed to vary from the established profile here and there, and I wondered if this might be why.

Quote Originally Posted by neonnurse View Post
    Had a busier weekend that I planned, so I did not get to do too much with this yet. I AM interested in taking part, and will watch for a decision on how we are going to proceed.

I did go through this, and found it interesting. I was wondering, as I did, whether the profile is based on the movie character as portrayed by Anthony Hopkins, the books themselves, or a combination of the two. I have seen all the movies, but only once each except for SotLambs. On the other hand, I've read the novels several times each. My answers seemed to vary from the established profile here and there, and I wondered if this might be why.
    The character Hannibal Lecter as portrayed by Anthony Hopkins in the movie Silence of the Lambs (1991) is the basis for the practice ratings of the BRACE Character Profile. There would be definite differences among the characters presented in related movies and books. However, do not be surprised to find quite a few differences between raters, most of which will resolve over the course of discussing the items and the rationales for the ratings.

Russell

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Knot4u2no For This Useful Post:

we can probably just put them in the crime section? let me think about where the best place is. this is a lot of hard and intense work.
    Upon further consideration, I think it might be beneficial to have this BRACE Character Profile psychological autopsy in a separate section so that the related threads remain together. I have been tinkering around with developing profiles through public forums for several years now. So far, I have not discovered any simple way to coordinate the input from a large number of people. However, the current profiling exercise does give a large number of people an opportunity to learn about this profiling technique. Some WS members are likely to gain enough knowledge to apply this rating and analysis technique to their own cases or persons of interest. Over time, WS may develop several amateur and professional BRACE Character Profilers.

Additionally, I am sure that WS has quite a few academically inclined members who might be interested in developing this current project into a professional peer-reviewed publication. In my opinion, it would be an excellent topic for a graduate thesis or dissertation. In any case, interested parties could contact you or Admin for approval. I am already available for consultation.

Russell

11. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Knot4u2no For This Useful Post:

bumpity bump

OneLostGrl is offline I'm going against the grain- I'm going sane
    Yaay! Thanks so much for doing this Russell!

14. The Following User Says Thank You to OneLostGrl For This Useful Post:

bumpity bump bump lot of hard work here.
    Russell i am moving these threads to the public area but we can move them anywhere you like.
    Last edited by JBean; 03-10-2010 at 08:24 PM.

16. The Following User Says Thank You to JBean For This Useful Post:

bumpity bump bump lot of hard work here.
    Russell i am moving these threads to the public area but we can move them anywhere you like.
    My original thinking about developing a BRACE Character Profile of Renata Antoinette Monet was to have a total of five threads for developing a consensus set of input ratings: an introduction/discussion thread, items 1-25discussion thread, items 26-50 discussion thread, items 51-75 discussion thread, and a concluding thread for the consensus set of ratings and related discussion. The first two of these threads are currently in the Crimes in the News section. This is a very active section and I think the profiling threads will get lost in the daily shuffle. Would it be possible to start a new case in the Featured Case Discussion section, with the five primary threads mentioned above being fixed in sequence at the top as they are added? I think this would make it a lot easier for people to follow and participate.

Russell

18. The Following User Says Thank You to Knot4u2no For This Useful Post:

My original thinking about developing a BRACE Character Profile of Renata Antoinette Monet was to have a total of five threads for developing a consensus set of input ratings: an introduction/discussion thread, items 1-25discussion thread, items 26-50 discussion thread, items 51-75 discussion thread, and a concluding thread for the consensus set of ratings and related discussion. The first two of these threads are currently in the Crimes in the News section. This is a very active section and I think the profiling threads will get lost in the daily shuffle. Would it be possible to start a new case in the Featured Case Discussion section, with the five primary threads mentioned above being fixed in sequence at the top as they are added? I think this would make it a lot easier for people to follow and participate.

Russell
    Any comments on this suggestion ... other suggestions?

Russell

Quote Originally Posted by OneLostGrl View Post
    Yaay! Thanks so much for doing this Russell!
    Hi, I just ran across this thread. I had wondered if anything was underway regarding this exercise (been under the weather this month). I'm familiar with the subject thread - where do I go first in order to participate?

21. The Following User Says Thank You to Woe.be.gone For This Useful Post:

Can posters who are interested in participating connect this exercise to the original thread with the title ~ Transgendered Person .....

His/her name does not appear in the title of the original thread. It may be difficult for interested persons to connnect the two in order to read the thread to become familiar with the case.
    Last edited by Woe.be.gone; 03-25-2010 at 02:26 PM.

23. The Following User Says Thank You to Woe.be.gone For This Useful Post:

Russell
    Is this the introduction/discussion thread? I went downstairs where the thread is on page 5 (I think), clicked it and I'm back up here. I propose that the top of the introduction thread provides a link to the case thread. That would solve the problem of people who read about the BRACE exercise and are interested but don't know where to find the subject thread.

After that, when it's time to move on to the next thread, a link can be provided as I'm assuming people may be at different stages in the process at different times.

JBean, does this make sense?

Another question that came to mind, will there be a timeframe for completing this exercise - within the month of April? or, longer? How many participants are needed to make it valid - only one? more? does it matter?

Quote Originally Posted by Woe.be.gone View Post
    Is this the introduction/discussion thread? I went downstairs where the thread is on page 5 (I think), clicked it and I'm back up here. I propose that the top of the introduction thread provides a link to the case thread. That would solve the problem of people who read about the BRACE exercise and are interested but don't know where to find the subject thread.

After that, when it's time to move on to the next thread, a link can be provided as I'm assuming people may be at different stages in the process at different times.

JBean, does this make sense?

Another question that came to mind, will there be a timeframe for completing this exercise - within the month of April? or, longer? How many participants are needed to make it valid - only one? more? does it matter?
    This is the introduction/discussion thread, I think. My original intention was to start off with a general discussion thread and a thread covering the first 25 items of the BRACE Character Profile. I originally posted these two threads in the private Jury Room but they were moved to this public section in order to allow more interested parties to participate.

There is no particular timeframe, but I was thinking about allowing general discussion/interaction on the first 25 items before posting the next 25 items. Regarding how many participants are needed to make it valid, only one is necessary if they have extensive/accurate/unbiased knowledge about the person being rated, good critical thinking skills, and they understand and follow the rating procedures. Generally speaking, two or three people interacting directly on each item increases the knowledge base and decreases personal bias. In the current situation, there appears to be two or three people with some firsthand knowledge and several people with extensive secondhand knowledge. However, some people may only have knowledge about a few items, but their input would improve the overall profile. The point is to gather and apply as much accurate information as possible to the 75 ratings. It doesn't matter where the information comes from but the whole process does require quite a bit of thought and judgment.

JBean ... suggestions for proceeding?

Russell

26. The Following User Says Thank You to Knot4u2no For This Useful Post:

I just found this thread pinned up top- had no clue it had been moved!! I really want to do this. I realize there haven't been many responses but I'm OK with that. I don't care if it's just 3 people doing it.. but I feel like I need some direction. I'm having a hard time knowing if I'm deciding on certain answers because of the things we know about his past or if my answers are legit. I feel like checking off so many of these things but I'm not sure if I'm simply guessing. With the way he was with other people I have a hard time putting that aside when it comes to my "judging" him, his behaviors... Am I saying yes to certain questions because I know that people like him act that way.. or was he really like that? I'm afraid I may be putting him into a box (stereotyping) and I don't want to do that because then this won't work right, ya know?

Quote Originally Posted by OneLostGrl View Post
    I just found this thread pinned up top- had no clue it had been moved!! I really want to do this. I realize there haven't been many responses but I'm OK with that. I don't care if it's just 3 people doing it.. but I feel like I need some direction. I'm having a hard time knowing if I'm deciding on certain answers because of the things we know about his past or if my answers are legit. I feel like checking off so many of these things but I'm not sure if I'm simply guessing. With the way he was with other people I have a hard time putting that aside when it comes to my "judging" him, his behaviors... Am I saying yes to certain questions because I know that people like him act that way.. or was he really like that? I'm afraid I may be putting him into a box (stereotyping) and I don't want to do that because then this won't work right, ya know?
    Hi OLG, glad you found the thread. Hopefully others will also.

I understand your dilemma regarding guessing versus "informed speculation." There will always be gray areas when speculating, but your logic, good reasoning, and a fair-minded motivation will tend to minimize any stereotyping. Additionally, discussing and interacting with other people about your ratings will help keep them objective and minimize any biases you may bring to the rating process. Just jump in and trust your judgment. As you gain new information about an item or new perspectives on the individual being rated, you may change your initial ratings on quite a few items.

Russell

29. The Following User Says Thank You to Knot4u2no For This Useful Post:

Hi OLG, glad you found the thread. Hopefully others will also.

I understand your dilemma regarding guessing versus "informed speculation." There will always be gray areas when speculating, but your logic, good reasoning, and a fair-minded motivation will tend to minimize any stereotyping. Additionally, discussing and interacting with other people about your ratings will help keep them objective and minimize any biases you may bring to the rating process. Just jump in and trust your judgment. As you gain new information about an item or new perspectives on the individual being rated, you may change your initial ratings on quite a few items.

Russell
    I think maybe there would be more hits (and interest) on the topic if it's attatched to the thread about him. This was one sick dude and I think people who have not read the thread in full may not realize the extent of this guys life long evilness (is that even a word? LOL) and complete disregard for every human he came in contact with. IMO The term psychopath is tossed around so easily these days.. do anything anti-social and society yells "psychopath". Anyone who's read my posts it's pretty obvious I don't throw the term around lightly but I think this dude is textbook "psychopath" and I think this profile will most likely confirm that. I also think doing this profile could be a learning tool for those who may be confused about all the different types of disorders and how the symptoms can often mesh together.

I'd love to have more people do this with us but I'm cool with just you and I if that is how it's gonna end up. The biggest problem is that the case is old news now, ya know?
    Last edited by OneLostGrl; 04-08-2010 at 03:17 PM.

31. The Following User Says Thank You to OneLostGrl For This Useful Post:

Since there is a low level of activity/interest in profiling Renata Monet, I suggest eliminating the STICKY and letting the threads run their natural course. In any case, the following are my input ratings for all 75 items.

Tentative BRACE Character Profile input ratings for Renata Antoinette Monet, formerly Bobby Allan LaíLoge, 02/28/2010 by Russell L Smith:

1 = 3
    2 = 2
    3 = 4
    4 = 4
    5 = 2
    6 = 2
    7 = 4
    8 = 3
    9 = 4
    10 = 2
    11 = 4
    12 = 3
    13 = 3
    14 = 4
    15 = 4
    16 = 4
    17 = 3
    18 = 3
    19 = 2
    20 = 4
    21 = 4
    22 = 2
    23 = 3
    24 = 4
    25 = 0
    26 = 2
    27 = 3
    28 = 4
    29 = 1
    30 = 3
    31 = 4
    32 = 4
    33 = 2
    34 = 2
    35 = 2
    36 = 3
    37 = 2
    38 = 3
    39 = 3
    40 = 3
    41 = 4
    42 = 4
    43 = 2
    44 = 4
    45 = 4
    46 = 2
    47 = 4
    48 = 0
    49 = 2
    50 = 2
    51 = 0
    52 = 0
    53 = 3
    54 = 1
    55 = 1
    56 = 3
    57 = 1
    58 = 1
    59 = 2
    60 = 1
    61 = 1
    62 = 4
    63 = 2
    64 = 4
    65 = 2
    66 = 4
    67 = 4
    68 = 1
    69 = 3
    70 = 4
    71 = 4
    72 = 1
    73 = 4
    74 = 2
    75 = 4

These ratings are my personal opinions based on available public information.
    Russell