Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 25 of 30

Thread: Developing a BRACE Character Profile of Renata Antoinette Monet, items 1-25

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    444

    Developing a BRACE Character Profile of Renata Antoinette Monet, items 1-25

    Developing a BRACE Character Profile of Renata Antoinette Monet, items 1-25
    Post your tentative ratings, questions, comments, reasons for a particular rating, etc.

    STANDARD RATING INSTRUCTIONS:

    Rate each item 0,1,2,3, 4, or X.

    Attempt to rate each item, even if there is some doubt.

    It is important to rate each item as accurately as possible.

    If you clearly have no knowledge about an item, rate the item X.

    When in doubt between two ratings, be conservative and select the lower rating.

    0 = Rarely, Slightly, or Not Characteristic at All
    1 = Somewhat, Sometimes, Mildly Characteristic
    2 = Often or Frequently or Strongly Characteristic
    3 = Very Often or Very Strongly Characteristic
    4 = Consistently, Extremely, Core Characteristic
    X = No knowledge.

    PLEASE: Frequently refer to the rating scale.
    Over or under rating items distorts the profile.

    READ EACH ITEM CAREFULLY, CONSIDERING THE FULL CONTENT OF THE ITEM
    NOTE: Pay very close attention to the wording (particularly: if, may, and, both, etc.).

    General rating guidelines:
    If an item is 100% true, it is a 4.
    If there are some parts that are not true but overall the item is at least 75% true, it is a 3.
    If half is 100% true but half is not true at all or only partially true, it is at least a 2.
    If one or more parts is true, it is at least a 1.
    If almost all of the item is false most of the time, it is a 0.

    Note: Consensus input by two or more raters increases the knowledge base and allows for doubts to be “reasoned out” and alternative perspectives to be considered. However, one person who has good knowledge of the character being rated (or access to those who do) and who also has good critical thinking skills can successfully complete the input ratings.

    Informed speculation is encouraged. Simple guessing is not.

    1. Lies easily, but ineptly --- easy to catch in a lie. Uses simple denial to avoid consequences, generally one lie on top of another without considering the inconsistencies and contradictions; lies are unconvincing, poorly organized and poorly interrelated.
    __________________________________________________ _______
    2. When with like-minded peers, s/he engages in superficial, loud, and distracting silliness. Alone in public, s/he is self-consciously anxious. One-to-one s/he may display inappropriate or anxious laughter to mask underlying anxiety. With age, becomes increasingly more sullen, hostile, and isolated, with shallow and transparent emotional displays to motivate others.
    __________________________________________________ _______
    3. Displays a marked insensitivity to others while offering inconsistent, self-serving rationalizations to justify their own endless pursuit of pleasure, comfort, and excitation.
    __________________________________________________ _______
    4. Has an overly simplistic world view with limited foresight, insight, and hindsight. Looks at the surface of things, little depth. Deals with complexity by over generalizing, jumping to conclusions, making undue assumptions, guessing rather than analyzing, and stereotyping --- making them prone to bigotry and related “self-fulfilling prophecies”.
    __________________________________________________ _______
    5. Engages in low energy-high effect activities ... more passive than active. Activities and interests are generally nonproductive. Very little participation in activities and sports requiring high levels of physical energy, self-discipline, sustained concentration, or coordinated team activity. Is attracted to disturbances and conflict among others; will join destructive group activities.
    __________________________________________________ _______
    6. S/he is easily and willingly distracted from productive activities, often attending to irrelevant novelty and superficial aspects of the current situation. Has a narrow focus of attention, limited perceptual range, limited sustained concentration, and low level of perceptual complexity. Is entertained by simple, passive activities.
    __________________________________________________ _______
    7. Short-sighted, narrow focus on immediate gratification rather than delayed consequences. Has poorly developed anticipatory skills, does not anticipate problems and rarely plans ahead. Is unrealistic in stated goals and has no plans for accomplishing them. S/he expects to be provided for, excused, and rescued by family or society.
    __________________________________________________ _______
    8. Thoughts are logical and organized but founded on false assumptions which become “self-fulfilling prophesies”. Spends high levels of cognitive energy anticipating evil intent by others, searching for physical and psychological weaknesses in others, and calculating the need for defensive and offensive actions.
    __________________________________________________ _______
    9. Neglect is secondary to focusing on own self at the expense of others. Although feelings are valued over reason, others are allowed to suffer so that s/he prospers. In the pursuit of personal pleasure and status, will frivolously waste the money, time and energy of others. Will let others wait for little or no reason and easily breaks promises. S/he always puts own needs and desires ahead of others, no matter how trivial.
    __________________________________________________ _______
    10. Uses time as an expression and means of control. Is intentionally slow to respond to time requirements and behavioral deadlines. Intentionally makes others wait. Looks for patterns and routines in others in order to understand and predict their future behavior, thus gaining power and control over others.
    __________________________________________________ _______
    11. Highest value is to have power and control rather than being subject to power and control. Confuses respect with fear, intimacy with intensity, and adoration with servitude. All value judgments are after-the-fact rationalizations to project blame, present self as victim, and justify past and future actions --- understands boundaries and laws, but has little or no conscience. Values getting what s/he wants, complete independence, and ultimately, being obeyed, but not subject to obedience.
    __________________________________________________ _______
    12. Responds readily to external events but has a tendency to misinterpret the motives of others and overreact with defensive anger. May be skilled at reacting cognitively and physically, but has little interest or capacity to seriously empathize with others. Responds quickly to avoid being evaluated or taken advantage of --- or is evasive, or does not respond at all.
    __________________________________________________ _______
    13. Enjoys controlling others; enjoys “respect”; may stalk and prowl alone; enjoys martial arts; likes guns and destructive weapons of all types, including explosives and fire. Enjoys action movies with sex and violence, cop shows, “America’s Most Wanted”. Is not a team player. Desire for power and control is likely enhanced by stimulants such as cocaine, possibly combined with alcohol. May sell or give drugs to others as a means of control or in trade for sex.
    __________________________________________________ _______
    14. Is ultimately motivated by a self-centered desire to dominate and an equally strong fear of being dominated by others ... fear of being under the power and control of others. Both the desire to exercise and experience power by controlling others and the fear of being at the mercy of others are ultimately expressed through anger and violence. Controlling is winning and winning is everything.
    __________________________________________________ _______
    15. Is generally neat and clean, but rebellious in manner and dress. Uses fashion to project power and control and/or contempt and disrespect for convention. May sport reflective sunglasses, expensive looking jewelry and clothes, etc. to impress ... but has limited interest in fashion ... is concerned with image --- dresses to impress and provoke.
    __________________________________________________ _______
    16. Is cognitively and behaviorally preoccupied with pleasure seeking and “self-discovery”. “Deifies” the SELF based on the rationale that “if it feels good, it is good”. S/he justifies deviant or illegal behavior based on the contention that they have a “right” to be and do whatever they want --- it’s their life to live as they see fit. Cognitive and physical resources are foolishly spent on self-expression and the experience of pleasure. Their self-centered lifestyle is increasingly self-destructive and insensitive to others.
    __________________________________________________ _______
    17. Generally humorless, but is able to “joke” and present self in a friendly manner if necessary. Laughs most at the pain, suffering, and misfortunes of others. Laughs at violence, accidents, humiliating put downs, and the failures of others after heavy investment. When s/he plays a practical joke, someone usually gets hurt physically and/or emotionally --- “jokes” can be cruel, malicious, insensitive, and dangerous.
    __________________________________________________ _______
    18. Expects others to adapt to and cater to their wishes; only anticipates events related to current desires, paying little attention to the consequences of attainment. Expects to be rescued by partner, lover, therapist, or naive care provider.
    __________________________________________________ _______
    19. Will show displaced aggression (hitting wall) and angry displays with property destruction. Will resort to simple and direct forms of aggression against weaker individuals, including domestic violence, but easily backs down with a peer. Will threaten and use violence as a bully and is prone to “horse playing” violence, but does not have the discipline to become a skilled fighter.
    __________________________________________________ _______
    20. Leaves relationships and situations without remorse, including family, children; actively oppositional to authority, including intentionally leaving a mess or work not done; likely to be fired due to hostile attitude and temper displays or chronic pattern of noncompliance; will resort to sabotage. Cultivates insensitivity to others as a value but understands feelings on an intellectual level. Neglect is secondary to a genuine lack of care and a generalized absence of empathy or compassion. Does not do anything for others without considering “What’s in it for me?” or “What will it cost me if I don’t?”
    __________________________________________________ _______
    21. Is ultimately motivated by the expression of feelings and fulfillment of desires without personal or social restraint --- avoiding pain/discomfort and experiencing pleasure/comfort of all types --- real and imagined, physical and psychological, adaptive and maladaptive, legal and illegal, moral and immoral, etc.
    __________________________________________________ _______
    22. Is concerned with physical skills and may exercise with some discipline (e.g., martial arts, marksmanship, jogging, weight lifting). May conserve energy, but is capable of sustained efforts. Will expend cognitive energy to learn techniques of power and control. Will expend high levels of sustained energy to avoid losing.
    __________________________________________________ _______
    23. Cognitively and behaviorally “takes the easy way,” diminishing cognitive capacities and related behavioral skills. Has poorly developed critical thinking skills. Is “open-minded,” yet narrowly focused --- open to suggestion and subject to manipulation. S/he is ultimately naive and gullible, easily led, duped, disillusioned, disappointed, and exploited.
    __________________________________________________ _______
    24. Values are poorly defined, shallow, relative to feelings, and constantly restructured according to current interests and desires. Self-expression, self-discovery, and self-reinforcement through the pursuit of pleasure override all else.
    __________________________________________________ _______
    25. Prefers pleasures that require little or no effort and minimal imagination. Enjoys being high and hanging out with friends; sleeping late, day time naps; likely smokes cigarettes and cannabis; when drinking, drinks to excess. Enjoys soap operas, comedies, and westerns rather than mysteries, dramas, or documentaries; may watch pro wrestling, football, or basketball; may play simple card games, but not bridge; may prowl, cruise, and vandalize with one or more friends; may play pool, may read comics, romance novels, or simple sex and western paperbacks --- more likely just looks at the pictures.
    __________________________________________________ _______

    Russell
    Even chaos is well patterned.

  2. The Following User Says Thank You to Knot4u2no For This Useful Post:


  3. #2
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    San Diego
    Posts
    1,179
    Thank you, Russell!

    I am going to get started on this tonight. This looks like a fascinating exercise!

  4. #3
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Location
    Dana Point,CA
    Posts
    20,222
    bumpity bump

  5. #4
    OneLostGrl's Avatar
    OneLostGrl is offline I'm going against the grain- I'm going sane
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Location
    Myrtle Beach
    Posts
    14,479
    So.. Informed speculation? Would that include things we have learned from neonnurse about Bob? Or do we have to just go on what we know through what we have seen from his own writings and/or what has come out from LE about the crime?

    Also- Are we encouraged to "team up" and share group answers or our own personal answers and then we will reason then out after and come up with final answers here on the threads?

  6. The Following User Says Thank You to OneLostGrl For This Useful Post:


  7. #5
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Location
    Tampa Bay
    Posts
    7,126
    I read his/her website. It was very disturbing to say in the least. I don't know however if I could truely make informative speculation on all of the above questions. Afterall, we can only go by what he has written. Although it was very informative in reguards to a deep insite into a very disturbed individual, it was written by an author of fictional stories, tales of a facade. Stories of an overactive imagination. I don't know if a BRACE would be acurate without speaking to those who truely knew the real person behind the facade.

    I can tell you that it does not make sense, his writings are a contrast to each other. You have a cross dresser/transvestite who dresses like a woman because he/she never felt comfortable as one of the guys and gets off on woman being brutalized/raped yet as a female wants to be the domanent one who brutalizes women during sex but denies being sexually drawn to women. A man who claims to have been drawn to S&M against women since his childhood, yet he claims to have loved a woman deeply and makes no mention of anger towards her because she was a woman.It makes no sense.

    I can say that my conclusion is that he/she has concocted some of the events as he did as a writer and his/her main problem IMO has to do with being in the Marines and feeling that they "raped him" and also his wife leaving him he feels rejected. IMO of course.
    Last edited by Sleuthster; 03-05-2010 at 02:16 AM.
    Cindi Lou


    Some people may consider me crazy, I say I'm just inspired.

  8. #6
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    444
    Quote Originally Posted by OneLostGrl View Post
    So.. Informed speculation? Would that include things we have learned from neonnurse about Bob? Or do we have to just go on what we know through what we have seen from his own writings and/or what has come out from LE about the crime?

    Also- Are we encouraged to "team up" and share group answers or our own personal answers and then we will reason then out after and come up with final answers here on the threads?
    An informed speculation can be based on any and all sources of information, which certainly includes sources of firsthand knowledge. Most ratings are based on multiple sources of information and the merits of each source must be weighted for merit by the rater. Collaboration among raters is encouraged. Collaboration increases the knowledge base and reduces the effects of personal bias. Collaboration may result in a single consensus set of ratings with one member deciding the final ratings, or the collaborators may determine their own set of ratings after discussing the items. In the current situation, raters will be able to compare and contrast the outcomes (graphics and charts) of their own set of ratings with the final "consensus" set of ratings.

    Russell
    Even chaos is well patterned.

  9. #7
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Location
    Dana Point,CA
    Posts
    20,222
    bumpity bump

    Russell I am moving these threads to the crimes section, but will be happy to move them to any location of your choosing.

  10. #8
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    sipping coffee at the Purple Rose Theatre
    Posts
    53,169
    Russel, could you also list a link to his/her writings so we may participate? TIA
    This bee my opinion

  11. #9
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    444
    Quote Originally Posted by nursebeeme View Post
    Russel, could you also list a link to his/her writings so we may participate? TIA
    These are links to Renata Antoinette Monet’s (Bobby Allen La’Loge) website.

    WARNING: graphic violence/adult content.

    http://renatas-room.com/


    http://renatas-room.com/MainPage-4.html

    Russell
    Even chaos is well patterned.

  12. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Knot4u2no For This Useful Post:


  13. #10
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    444
    Since this thread is for postings and discussion related to the first 25 items, I'll start things off by posting my tentative rating and rationale for item 1. Feel free to post any number of ratings in a post, both with and without rationales, and feel free to comment on any of the first 25 items.

    Item 1: 3

    Rationale: RM’s (Renata Monet) life and lifestyle are full of inconsistencies and contradictions (e.g., although claiming to be a female at heart, s/he thinks, fantasizes, and sexually acts-out as a male). Some of the self-reports of "life experiences" are as fantastic as his/her obviously fictional short stories (e.g., the claim of being violently raped while in the military is likely pure fiction). RM is not a stupid person, but there is poor judgment and a quality similar to pseudologia fantastica (false/fantastic account of exploits/experiences).

    My general thinking about this item was to eliminate 0 and 4 as possible ratings, then I narrowed it down to a debate between a 2 or a 3. I settled on a 3 because I found him/her to be so unbelievable on so many levels. I could be persuaded to go with a 2, but not likely with a 0,1, or 4. Of course, I might change my mind.

    Russell
    Even chaos is well patterned.

  14. #11
    OneLostGrl's Avatar
    OneLostGrl is offline I'm going against the grain- I'm going sane
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Location
    Myrtle Beach
    Posts
    14,479
    Quote Originally Posted by Knot4u2no View Post
    Since this thread is for postings and discussion related to the first 25 items, I'll start things off by posting my tentative rating and rationale for item 1. Feel free to post any number of ratings in a post, both with and without rationales, and feel free to comment on any of the first 25 items.

    Item 1: 3

    Rationale: RM’s (Renata Monet) life and lifestyle are full of inconsistencies and contradictions (e.g., although claiming to be a female at heart, s/he thinks, fantasizes, and sexually acts-out as a male). Some of the self-reports of "life experiences" are as fantastic as his/her obviously fictional short stories (e.g., the claim of being violently raped while in the military is likely pure fiction). RM is not a stupid person, but there is poor judgment and a quality similar to pseudologia fantastica (false/fantastic account of exploits/experiences).

    My general thinking about this item was to eliminate 0 and 4 as possible ratings, then I narrowed it down to a debate between a 2 or a 3. I settled on a 3 because I found him/her to be so unbelievable on so many levels. I could be persuaded to go with a 2, but not likely with a 0,1, or 4. Of course, I might change my mind.

    Russell
    I agree with you on #1.

    On #2 I'm gonna say a 3 or a 4 because he was an attention getter even in childhood (from the things we have read about him). His relationships were never healthy, he was sullen, hostile, shallow and full of transparent emotional displays. Such as cutting himself then posting the pictures on-line.. becoming a pirate, a woman, a writer (I'm sure I'm missing something here, it's been awhile since I read through all the roles he played).. it's pretty clear he was fishing for reactions from everyone his whole life.

    As far as how he acted with like-minded peers, I don't think there is such thing.. at least I pray there isn't! LOL

    Let me know if I'm doing this the right way, OK? Thanks!

  15. The Following User Says Thank You to OneLostGrl For This Useful Post:


  16. #12
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    444
    Quote Originally Posted by OneLostGrl View Post
    I agree with you on #1.

    On #2 I'm gonna say a 3 or a 4 because he was an attention getter even in childhood (from the things we have read about him). His relationships were never healthy, he was sullen, hostile, shallow and full of transparent emotional displays. Such as cutting himself then posting the pictures on-line.. becoming a pirate, a woman, a writer (I'm sure I'm missing something here, it's been awhile since I read through all the roles he played).. it's pretty clear he was fishing for reactions from everyone his whole life.

    As far as how he acted with like-minded peers, I don't think there is such thing.. at least I pray there isn't! LOL

    Let me know if I'm doing this the right way, OK? Thanks!
    Good post OLG.

    My tentative rating for item #2 is 2. I was actually debating between an 1 or 2, but settled on a 2 for now. RM does not impress me as a particularly anxious person in public or during one-on-one interactions, and s/he does impress me as being more serious and the bizarre than flamboyant or silly. However, RM was certainly "increasingly more sullen, hostile, and isolated, with shallow and transparent emotional displays to motivate others." I agree with you that s/he was definitely an attention getter, fishing for reactions, and acting-out accordingly, but these characteristics suggest a general disregard for others, their values and opinions of him, rather than anxiety. Taking all of these factors into consideration, I could not rate this item 0 or a 4, but I might be persuaded to change my rating of 2 to an 1 or 3.

    Russell
    Even chaos is well patterned.

  17. The Following User Says Thank You to Knot4u2no For This Useful Post:


  18. #13
    OneLostGrl's Avatar
    OneLostGrl is offline I'm going against the grain- I'm going sane
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Location
    Myrtle Beach
    Posts
    14,479
    Quote Originally Posted by Knot4u2no View Post
    Good post OLG.

    My tentative rating for item #2 is 2. I was actually debating between an 1 or 2, but settled on a 2 for now. RM does not impress me as a particularly anxious person in public or during one-on-one interactions, and s/he does impress me as being more serious and the bizarre than flamboyant or silly. However, RM was certainly "increasingly more sullen, hostile, and isolated, with shallow and transparent emotional displays to motivate others." I agree with you that s/he was definitely an attention getter, fishing for reactions, and acting-out accordingly, but these characteristics suggest a general disregard for others, their values and opinions of him, rather than anxiety. Taking all of these factors into consideration, I could not rate this item 0 or a 4, but I might be persuaded to change my rating of 2 to an 1 or 3.

    Russell
    It would be great if neonurse were to pop in and give us her thoughts on this one.

  19. The Following User Says Thank You to OneLostGrl For This Useful Post:


  20. #14
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    444
    Quote Originally Posted by OneLostGrl View Post
    It would be great if neonurse were to pop in and give us her thoughts on this one.
    OLG,
    I don't think those who were interested in participating in profiling RM know the location of this thread. Could you PM those you know to be interested just to let them know?

    Russell
    Even chaos is well patterned.

  21. #15
    I know I bailed out earlier due to the sensitive involvement of the situation but I believe I am now stronger and able to deal a bit better. I would like to try to answer these questions based on my personal experiences and relationship with RM/BL. May I?
    Teach God's love but use words only when necessary.

  22. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Devery Mills For This Useful Post:


  23. #16
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    onthecouch
    Posts
    11,466
    Quote Originally Posted by OneLostGrl View Post
    I agree with you on #1.

    On #2 I'm gonna say a 3 or a 4 because he was an attention getter even in childhood (from the things we have read about him). His relationships were never healthy, he was sullen, hostile, shallow and full of transparent emotional displays. Such as cutting himself then posting the pictures on-line.. becoming a pirate, a woman, a writer (I'm sure I'm missing something here, it's been awhile since I read through all the roles he played).. it's pretty clear he was fishing for reactions from everyone his whole life.

    As far as how he acted with like-minded peers, I don't think there is such thing.. at least I pray there isn't! LOL

    Let me know if I'm doing this the right way, OK? Thanks!
    When I read Item #2, I thought I'd assign a 4.

    Now that I read OLG's answer and then knot4u2no's, I can see there are many elements to one question. Knot focused on the anxiety level and I focused more on the mention of using emotional displays to motivate others. According to another posters account (who posted with him on another forum), he was very demanding of his peers and stomped his feet loudly in protest when he didn't like the response he got.

    One of his ex's pointed out that his whole life revolved around shocking his family (not necessarily peers) in order to get their attention.

    These questions are loaded in that they can be broken down into parts - ie, peers/silly and loud, or when alone/anxious, or as ages, more sullen and how he motivates others, etc. Very complicated question in and of itself. Too layered to be analyzed by the casual observer imo.

    What I'm trying to express is that each part of the question could possibly merit a different number, no? Seems as if there are three different questions within one item number to consider at the same time.

  24. The Following User Says Thank You to Woe.be.gone For This Useful Post:


  25. #17
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    onthecouch
    Posts
    11,466
    Quote Originally Posted by Devery Mills View Post
    I know I bailed out earlier due to the sensitive involvement of the situation but I believe I am now stronger and able to deal a bit better. I would like to try to answer these questions based on my personal experiences and relationship with RM/BL. May I?
    I think your insight would be most valuable.
    Glad to hear you're feeling stronger.

  26. #18
    Quote Originally Posted by Woe.be.gone View Post
    I think your insight would be most valuable.
    Glad to hear you're feeling stronger.
    Thanks for being so kind.
    Teach God's love but use words only when necessary.

  27. The Following User Says Thank You to Devery Mills For This Useful Post:


  28. #19
    Quote Originally Posted by Sleuthster View Post
    I read his/her website. It was very disturbing to say in the least. I don't know however if I could truely make informative speculation on all of the above questions. Afterall, we can only go by what he has written. Although it was very informative in reguards to a deep insite into a very disturbed individual, it was written by an author of fictional stories, tales of a facade. Stories of an overactive imagination. I don't know if a BRACE would be acurate without speaking to those who truely knew the real person behind the facade.

    I can tell you that it does not make sense, his writings are a contrast to each other. You have a cross dresser/transvestite who dresses like a woman because he/she never felt comfortable as one of the guys and gets off on woman being brutalized/raped yet as a female wants to be the domanent one who brutalizes women during sex but denies being sexually drawn to women. A man who claims to have been drawn to S&M against women since his childhood, yet he claims to have loved a woman deeply and makes no mention of anger towards her because she was a woman.It makes no sense.

    I can say that my conclusion is that he/she has concocted some of the events as he did as a writer and his/her main problem IMO has to do with being in the Marines and feeling that they "raped him" and also his wife leaving him he feels rejected. IMO of course.
    A great deal of what he wrote on his site was lies/fantasies. He was afraid of failure on a grand scale and worked very hard to prove himself not so. He was grandiose in many areas. When he saw that he was unable to have a meaningful relationship of ANY kind he created his success in his own mind and came to believe it to be reality.

    He was a failure in the Marines because he couldn't complete boot camp. He could not handle the pressure of the basic training and ended up with a dishonorable discharge. For exactly what, I am not sure but I saw the papers with my own eyes. He was probably raped in his mind but I seriously doubt in reality.
    Teach God's love but use words only when necessary.

  29. The Following User Says Thank You to Devery Mills For This Useful Post:


  30. #20
    Quote Originally Posted by Knot4u2no View Post
    Since this thread is for postings and discussion related to the first 25 items, I'll start things off by posting my tentative rating and rationale for item 1. Feel free to post any number of ratings in a post, both with and without rationales, and feel free to comment on any of the first 25 items.

    Item 1: 3

    Rationale: RM’s (Renata Monet) life and lifestyle are full of inconsistencies and contradictions (e.g., although claiming to be a female at heart, s/he thinks, fantasizes, and sexually acts-out as a male). Some of the self-reports of "life experiences" are as fantastic as his/her obviously fictional short stories (e.g., the claim of being violently raped while in the military is likely pure fiction). RM is not a stupid person, but there is poor judgment and a quality similar to pseudologia fantastica (false/fantastic account of exploits/experiences).

    My general thinking about this item was to eliminate 0 and 4 as possible ratings, then I narrowed it down to a debate between a 2 or a 3. I settled on a 3 because I found him/her to be so unbelievable on so many levels. I could be persuaded to go with a 2, but not likely with a 0,1, or 4. Of course, I might change my mind.

    Russell
    If one's life is lived as a complete facade and their lies are reality to them then to them they are living truths. So what would be a lie to us would in fact be truth for them whereby there would be no need to pretend or hide their beliefs. I chose 1:1 based on that information. RM/BL could lie with perfection because to him it was real.
    Teach God's love but use words only when necessary.

  31. The Following User Says Thank You to Devery Mills For This Useful Post:


  32. #21
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    444
    Quote Originally Posted by Woe.be.gone View Post
    When I read Item #2, I thought I'd assign a 4.

    Now that I read OLG's answer and then knot4u2no's, I can see there are many elements to one question. Knot focused on the anxiety level and I focused more on the mention of using emotional displays to motivate others. According to another posters account (who posted with him on another forum), he was very demanding of his peers and stomped his feet loudly in protest when he didn't like the response he got.

    One of his ex's pointed out that his whole life revolved around shocking his family (not necessarily peers) in order to get their attention.

    These questions are loaded in that they can be broken down into parts - ie, peers/silly and loud, or when alone/anxious, or as ages, more sullen and how he motivates others, etc. Very complicated question in and of itself. Too layered to be analyzed by the casual observer imo.

    What I'm trying to express is that each part of the question could possibly merit a different number, no? Seems as if there are three different questions within one item number to consider at the same time.
    I understand that the rating process can be very frustrating, but it does get easier as you become more familiar with the rating criteria. Keep in mind that you are rating the entire item, not the parts of the item.

    Excerpt from the above instructions:

    READ EACH ITEM CAREFULLY, CONSIDERING THE FULL CONTENT OF THE ITEM
    NOTE: Pay very close attention to the wording (particularly: if, may, and, both, etc.).

    General rating guidelines:
    If an item is 100% true, it is a 4.
    If there are some parts that are not true but overall the item is at least 75% true, it is a 3.
    If half is 100% true but half is not true at all or only partially true, it is at least a 2.
    If one or more parts is true, it is at least a 1.
    If almost all of the item is false most of the time, it is a 0.
    Russell
    Even chaos is well patterned.

  33. The Following User Says Thank You to Knot4u2no For This Useful Post:


  34. #22
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    444
    Just a couple of interesting quotes related to item number one:

    Quote: "Any fool can tell the truth, but it requires a man of some sense to know how to lie well." -- Samuel Butler

    Quote: “You don’t have to have a good memory if you tell the truth.” -- Judge Judy

    Russell
    Even chaos is well patterned.

  35. The Following User Says Thank You to Knot4u2no For This Useful Post:


  36. #23
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    onthecouch
    Posts
    11,466
    Items 3 and 16 = 4.
    Last edited by Woe.be.gone; 05-05-2010 at 04:24 PM. Reason: add

  37. #24
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    onthecouch
    Posts
    11,466
    I'll write the criteria down - now I see where it says 'if a part is true' - sorry. Still hard for me to judge having never met the person.

  38. #25
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    onthecouch
    Posts
    11,466
    Quote Originally Posted by Devery Mills View Post
    If one's life is lived as a complete facade and their lies are reality to them then to them they are living truths. So what would be a lie to us would in fact be truth for them whereby there would be no need to pretend or hide their beliefs. I chose 1:1 based on that information. RM/BL could lie with perfection because to him it was real.
    Are you saying that RM/BL could care less what anybody else thought, so no reason to lie? In other words, he was not concerned about lying or covering up what someone else viewed as a lie? You either put up with him/her, or you didn't? (but then maybe he felt abandoned by people?)
    Last edited by Woe.be.gone; 05-05-2010 at 04:44 PM.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Developing a BRACE Character Profile of Renata Antoinette Monet
    By Knot4u2no in forum Crimes in the News
    Replies: 19
    Last Post: 04-27-2010, 09:46 AM
  2. Found Deceased CA - Brittany Monet Hart, Santee, May 2007
    By fran in forum Located Forum Discussion
    Replies: 16
    Last Post: 01-13-2010, 01:53 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •