GUILTY Canada - Paul Bernardo & Karla Homolka, murdered, 1993

IMO she was just as guilty as Paul Bernardo and should be serving a life sentence.

Her family, is interesting to compare to the Peterson's.

Despite what Karla did (including participating in the drugging, sexual assult and death of her little sister Tammy) they stand by her, love her, support her while realizing the magnitude of her crimes. They never claimed she was innocent, never tried to portray the family as victims of the media - you have to respect that.

I never will understand the "sweetheart deal" Karla got . She was a WILLING partner(I dont buy the she was "forced" b.s) and Paul wouldnt have been able to pull off the crimes without her.............disgusting.
Her AND Joel "baby killer" Steinberg out of prison!!! :behindbar :sick:

messiecake said:
I never will understand the "sweetheart deal" Karla got .
messie: It's been a long time, but I recall she made the 'sweetheart' deal to testify against Paul before the video tapes were found/turned in.

The video tapes showed that she was really into what she was doing with these school girls.

Casshew said:
messie: It's been a long time, but I recall she made the 'sweetheart' deal to testify against Paul before the video tapes were found/turned in.

The video tapes showed that she was really into what she was doing with these school girls.

AND THE PROSECUTION SAID THEY WOULD REVOKE HER DEAL IF she was found LYING. Well what the hell happened there?!

In case there is some misunderstanding, KH is scheduled for release next year, 2005.

"Homolka’s 12-year sentence for her 1993 manslaughter convictions in the sex slayings of Ontario teenagers Leslie Mahaffy and Kristen French expires on July 5, 2005."

She's been refused 3 times for early release on parole but her 12 years are completed next summer.

Drawing attention to her probable release date as being the birthdate of a victim hardly seems to serve any positive purpose.

No misunderstanding on my part, I understood it's a year from now. The prosecutors have no choice but to let her go. What I HOPE is that they have more charges "under their sleaves" to sent her a$$ right back. Many people want to AXE her.

Prosecutors cut a deal with KH years ago. There won't be any new charges against her unless she commits new crimes.

CANADA'S JUSTICE SYSTEM GETTING A BRAIN FINALLY!!!
This is a start anyway. But she should've fried. God! :sick:

http://www.ctv.ca/servlet/ArticleNews/story/CTVNews/1113239963203_108649163/?hub=TopStories

"Ontario officials have plans to rein in Karla Homolka when she walks out of prison less than three months from now, Attorney General Michael Bryant confirmed Monday.

Bryant said his province will first ask a Quebec provincial court judge for an order restricting Homolka's movements.

He said he would also try to get a similar order in every province or territory imposing "the strictest conditions possible" on the infamous schoolgirl killer when her 12-year prison sentence ends in July.

Meanwhile, Bryant said he had the support of his counterparts in all provinces and territories, who "stand shoulder to shoulder, from coast to coast to coast, ready, willing and able to protect the public upon the release of Karla Homolka."

In a decision made public last December, the parole board ruled that while Homolka has made some progress toward rehabilitation, there are still concerns that she may pose a risk to the public.

Authorities are concerned that Homolka, now 35, may choose to live in Quebec, out of their grasp upon her release. "

I still will never comprehend her "sweetheart" deal!

She should still be rotting in prison along w/ Bernardo :snooty:

Whats this I hear about her having a wealthy lesbian lover???

LovelyPigeon said:
Is there legal precedence to order restrictions?
From what I remember of this case, Karla Homolka is a pedophile who, along with her husband, sexually abused and murdered two teenaged girls.

Just like laws are supposed to keep molesters away from children, I'd think that there must be some law on Canada's books that would prevent her from ever doing this to another young woman again. If that means they must keep her under constant surveilance, they hopefully will.

CaliKid said:
From what I remember of this case, Karla Homolka is a pedophile who, along with her husband, sexually abused and murdered two teenaged girls.

Just like laws are supposed to keep molesters away from children, I'd think that there must be some law on Canada's books that would prevent her from ever doing this to another young woman again. If that means they must keep her under constant surveilance, they hopefully will.

You can read about Karla Homolka and her ex-husband Paul Bernardo at the crimelibrary. Here's the link (warning - contains graphic information about their crimes):

http://www.crimelibrary.com/serial_killers/notorious/bernardo/index_1.html

Hard to believe she'll ever see the light of day as a free woman.

Since she has served her sentence and will be a free woman :sick: I wonder if she can write a book etc... talk about making a pact with the devil?

She is going to need to change her name, get plastic surgery IMO ~ she is the most hated woman in Canada for sure, someone is going to get her if she does not disappear.

Ontario Attorney-General Michael Bryant said Monday that his government would seek “the strictest conditions possible” on Karla Homolka after the woman is released from prison this summer.

Ms. Homolka is on the verge of completing the last of a 12-year sentence she received after striking a bargain on charges related to the sex assaults and slayings of schoolgirls Kristen French and Leslie Mahaffy. She said she was a victim of her husband, Paul Bernardo, and that he was the perpetrator of the crimes.

Only after the deal was finalized did videotapes emerge that, according to those who have seen them, seem to show her as a willing participant in the attacks.

She is serving her sentence at Joliette prison in Quebec, and Mr. Bryant said Monday that he will urge a judge in that province to impose restrictions on her behaviour.
Ms. Homolka has rejected all opportunities for parole and should thus, in normal circumstances, be a completely free person upon her release. But Mr. Bryant said his government will try to use a specific section of the Criminal Code to limit her actions.

Section 810 of the Code allows the courts to reduce the freedoms of citizens when it is feared that they will commit a criminal offence.

“The recognizance, if ordered, will contain various conditions that are designed to help prevent the commission of another offence,” Mr. Bryant said.

Ms. Homolka has learned French in prison, and there have been reports of her forming a relationship with a Quebecker, leading to speculation that she will settle in that province.

As envisioned by Mr. Bryant, though, the recognizance order will be applicable to any province where she might end up.

Mr. Bernardo has been classified a dangerous offender and is serving an indefinite sentence.
http://www.theglobeandmail.com/servlet/story/RTGAM.20050411.wholm0411_2/BNStory/National/

Yesterday, Bryant announced Ontario has the co-operation of all provinces and territories to bring a Section 810 recognizance order against Homolka should she stray into their jurisdiction.
In other words, all of Canada are behind getting a Section 810.

The specific conditions Ontario would seek were not made public, but courts have used Section 810 to restrict where somebody can go, who they can associate with, to enforce curfews and force the offender to report regularly to police -- if there are reasonable grounds to believe that person will harm others.
Yes, LovelyPigeon, it seems there is a precedent to this legal move.

From this article:
http://www.canoe.ca/NewsStand/LondonFreePress/News/2005/04/12/992863-sun.html

ETA It is also my understanding that part of her plea bargain was that she is not to in any way make a profit from her crimes.
The bargain, finalised 14 May 1993, required Homolka to give an induced statement testing her evidence and credibility, followed by a cautioned statement waiving her right against self-crimination to ensure that she came through. She would withhold nothing, assist police in their investigations, never enter a book or media contract for profit from her crimes and testify against Bernardo.
from this site: http://www.umanitoba.ca/faculties/law/Courses/McGillivray/Karla_Homolka.html

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sugarheart27
Back