1192 users online (238 members and 954 guests)  


Websleuths News


Results 1 to 14 of 14
  1. #1
    Blue_Dolphin308's Avatar
    Blue_Dolphin308 is offline We can't help everyone, But everyone can help someone!
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Allentown PA
    Posts
    3,397

    PA - Child Left Behind After Philly Jewelry Store Heist

    Philadelphia Police are looking for two people who were able to grab tens of thousands of dollars worth of jewelry and flee a South Street store.

    According to police, a black male and female were looking at rings inside of the Platinum & Ice Jewelry Store on the 600 block of South Street at about 3:30 p.m. Saturday. Police say the two were able to grab an unattended jewelry tray and flee the store when the clerk behind the counter turned his back. The clerk attempted chase the suspects down the street, but was stopped when the male suspect produced a knife and slashed the clerks face and neck.

    http://cbs3.com/topstories/Jewelry.S...2.1525562.html
    Be Kind to yourself, you are worth it!

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Posts
    5,204
    Quote Originally Posted by Ladybass0711 View Post
    Philadelphia Police are looking for two people who were able to grab tens of thousands of dollars worth of jewelry and flee a South Street store.

    According to police, a black male and female were looking at rings inside of the Platinum & Ice Jewelry Store on the 600 block of South Street at about 3:30 p.m. Saturday. Police say the two were able to grab an unattended jewelry tray and flee the store when the clerk behind the counter turned his back. The clerk attempted chase the suspects down the street, but was stopped when the male suspect produced a knife and slashed the clerks face and neck.

    http://cbs3.com/topstories/Jewelry.S...2.1525562.html
    This has to fall under the category of worlds dumbest criminals. Why on earth would you bring a child to a crime? And as soon as someone identifies the child they will be caught. Stupid.

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Posts
    19,250
    Quote Originally Posted by DairyGirl View Post
    This has to fall under the category of worlds dumbest criminals. Why on earth would you bring a child to a crime? And as soon as someone identifies the child they will be caught. Stupid.
    Another meaning for No Child Left Behind...? Don't leave your kids at the crime scene, you'll get busted.

    I'm laughing but how terrible for the little boy, having caretakers like that. It sounds like they must have been high.

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    The South, USA
    Posts
    2,405
    Maybe it was Take Your Child to Work Day...

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    529
    My heart goes out to that little boy, how scary for him!

    It seems like this was an unplanned crime, one of opportunity (someone turned their back on the jewelry tray for a second and bam. They couldn't possibly have planned to have their child at a planned crime...could they?!? Then again, people can and have been this dumb!!

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Silicon Hills
    Posts
    9,220
    Suspects ID'd in jewel heist and child abandonment

    CENTER CITY, PA -- Police have identified a couple arrested for a Philadelphia jewel heist in which their 4-year-old son was left behind, reports WPVI-TV in Philadelphia

    The suspects have been identified as the boy's parents. They are 47-year-old John Benson and 31-year-old Sheakia Stubbs.

    Investigators say the couple was arrested around midnight at the Hub Motel on Roosevelt Boulevard.

    The arresting officers said Benson and Stubbs made no mention and did not ask about the boy they left behind. Police say the child did help identify Benson and Stubbs as the suspects.


    more here

    http://abclocal.go.com/ktrk/story?se...rld&id=7304191

    Just abandoned the little guy & left it up to *him* to ID his own parents!!
    What we are doing is just a drop in the ocean.
    But if that drop was not in the ocean,
    I think the ocean would be less because of that missing drop.
    ~~ Mother Theresa ~~



    Where is Rachel Cooke? Missing since 10-Jan-2002
    Rachel's thread - WS
    RachelCookeSearch.org

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    massachusetts
    Posts
    6,343
    i know i said this last week......

    but is it april fools already?

    what a couple of morons (and lousy parents)

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    CITY OF BROTHERLY SHOVE
    Posts
    17,516
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. E View Post
    Maybe it was Take Your Child to Work Day...
    Unfortunately here that's true.

    They went to the Hub Budget? THAT makes them the world's dumbest criminals. You knock on every door of that joint and you'll find someone who needs handcuffs.

    Again, see what I deal with here?

    Edit to say: South Street used to be wonderful. It was a great place to shop, and eat. As of the last few years it's been riff raff galore. Stores changed. That's a nice store those two picked to rob and abandon a child in. Hoping the clerk is O.K. who was slashed.
    Last edited by Filly; 03-01-2010 at 06:20 PM.

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    The South, USA
    Posts
    2,405
    What was the deal here? Did the dad think the mom had the kid? Did the parents plan this out?

    From his picture, he sure seems like a happy little kid! Hopefully, he can put all this and his stupid parents behind him and lead a productive life.

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    CITY OF BROTHERLY SHOVE
    Posts
    17,516
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. E View Post
    What was the deal here? Did the dad think the mom had the kid? Did the parents plan this out?

    From his picture, he sure seems like a happy little kid! Hopefully, he can put all this and his stupid parents behind him and lead a productive life.
    They brought the child on purpose. They brought him along to seem legitimate. They brought him because they wanted to create a diversion. That they did and they are not saying exactly what the diversion was because half of Philly will be robbing these poor people.

    Once they got out of the store they split up. I guess they didn't expect the owners to chase them. I must note that despite neing badly cut and needing alot of stitches the owner stayed with the little boy.

    Once arrested neither parent even asked about the child the media said.


    http://www.philly.com/philly/news/br.../85863462.html

    He is a cutie. I'm sure somehwere out there he has family who will take care of him.


  11. #11
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    CITY OF BROTHERLY SHOVE
    Posts
    17,516
    According to our Daily News today someone who came up with the mother in this case recognized the child. The woman said the mom has more children but wouldn't be specific.

    No family came forward when the boy's photograph was flashed across the TV screen.

    Mom had only been in her present residence about four months but had caused some drama. Apparently she was always kicking out this little guy's father. He'd sit in the hallway and bang on the door.

    Both have records. Mom only four priors. Dad about 20 something. I'll look for the link from the Daily News. The little guy is with DHS.

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    731
    Quote Originally Posted by kbl8201 View Post
    i know i said this last week......

    but is it april fools already?

    what a couple of morons (and lousy parents)
    You know, this is one of those moments when you really don't know whether to laugh or cry.
    OK.........I'm back to crying ........for all the babies , children and helpless ones...........and PRAYIN'.......

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    3,898


    Hopefully this was the little boy's (and his siblings) lucky day and he will now find some stability in life.

  14. #14
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    CITY OF BROTHERLY SHOVE
    Posts
    17,516
    Benson and Stubbs have been convicted. Benson on the most serious charges.




    http://www.nbcphiladelphia.com/news/...126619083.html



Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 1
    Last Post: 02-19-2015, 11:17 PM
  2. Replies: 4
    Last Post: 11-19-2014, 02:00 PM
  3. WA - Jewelry store robbery in Kennewick
    By Jaxson in forum Crimes in the News
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 02-13-2011, 10:00 AM
  4. Replies: 10
    Last Post: 12-18-2010, 10:50 AM