NJ - Newborn boy found on hood of car, Edison, March 2010

edisonbabyjpg-48f6c6f5360e97b6_large.jpg

I just can't believe this. Naked on a towel on the hood of a car in the cold.
Why not leave the baby at a hospital or church or something.

At least dress him!!!! Or wrap him in a blanket.

This makes my heart hurt.

What an unimaginably horrible way for a sweet little baby to come into this world. I just want to wrap him up in the softest blanket, hold him close so he'll be warm and feel safe, and rock him and sing to him.

I wonder how a horrifying physical and emotional trauma like that right at birth will affect him later.

I wish him a lot of love and affection and caring people around him his whole life. He is a precious treasure.

A naked baby boy was found lying on the hood of a parked car in Edison this afternoon, seemingly left lying there as the state thawed from a powerful nor’easter, authorities said.

A visitor to an Edison nursing home, CareOne at Highlands located on Inman Ave., found the infant, who authorities believe is a newborn, lying on a towel atop the hood of the car shortly before 2 p.m., said Middlesex County Prosecutor Bruce Kaplan.

What a beautiful little guy. I hope they find him a good home. Why didnt the mother drop him somewhere safe? It never ceases to amaze me what people can do to children.

Less than two days old, lying on a towel.

I am a little torn, because it seems that the person that left him did make an attempt to have him be seen. They didn't shoose the dumpster.But on the other hand, if it had been more than just a few minutes, the outcome would likely have been the same.
I don't want to villify the "parents" to the same point as if he had died, but I don't see why they couldn't just follow the safe haven laws.

How darned hard can it be to walk a few feet into a building and set a baby down where somebody will immediately see it? I don't care if it's a safe haven. Anywhere that's warm and busy will do. I agree that the top of a car is better than a dumpster but I don't get it. I'm assuming a boyfriend or father left this baby there as a mom probably wouldn't be up and walking around but who knows. Safe havens are best as no bad guys can come along and snatch the baby (thank you God, that that didn't happen).

But, my Lord, you carry the little guy in your body for nine months and you leave him on top of a car like a forgotten cup of coffee?

Does anyone know if the CareOne Nursing Home--where this little guy was found--qualifies as a Safe Haven. He was left naked in a snowstorm and is in good condition. That tells me he wasn't there long at all or he would have died quickly.

I wonder if someone was headed into the Nursing Home to drop him off but got spooked by someone driving up. He/she hurriedly left the baby close to where people would immediately see him. There's got to be surveillance, I'd think.

Maybe, given the fact that the person who dropped him off was certain that he'd be spotted immediately caused them to leave him unbundled. If he's waving his little arms around he'd be easier to spot. For all we know the parent/friend could have been sitting in a nearby car or standing around a corner to watch.

Can you tell I'm grasping at straws here?

well i can villify the damn 'parents'.

she/he/they left him naked in the freezing cold on the top of a roof car....that is utter disregard for his saftey.

he's lucky he didnt freeze to death

miss iz, i might buy the argument as a safe haven.....you know, if they left him inside........with someone...........WITH CLOTHES ON.

What is up with leaving babies on cars? When I read the title of the thread, I thought it was referring to this case I caught on the radio last week:

http://www.620wtmj.com/news/local/85530312.html
Nineteen-year-old Rosa Freeman pleaded guilty in November to abandoning the baby, her fifth child.
Freeman says she dressed the day-old girl in warm clothes last April, placed her in a diaper bag and put her on the top of her neighbors' car, hoping they would find her.
The child was found unharmed a few hours later.

Note this is this 19 year old woman's 5th child!?!

I agree that it was potentially dangerous for the baby to be left out in the freezing cold, but at least we're not here talking about how horrible it is to have found this little guy dead in a dumpster or floating in a river in a Rubbermaid container or something. Much worse could have happened, but it did not, and at least now the little guy can be adopted by a loving family who will keep him warm, loved, and secure for the rest of his life :)

or they give him back to the mom cause she 'made a mistake' :(

He was left naked on a towel, on the hood of a car, in "the middle of a snowstorm". Unbelieveable.

Wrap him up, and bring him to me. I'll raise him. I have plenty of warmth and love to share with this little guy.

How some people can be so heartless, I will never understand.

May God bless this baby, for the rest of his long, happy and healthy life.

So glad someone found this baby before it was to late! To me he looks like he has the eyes of an old man who has seen too much.

I hope he is able to have a happy healthy life with people who will love him forever.
If I were ever to find a baby on the hood of a car I'm not sure what I'd do, a part of me would just want to keep him!

VB

So glad someone found this baby before it was to late! To me he looks like he has the eyes of an old man who has seen too much.

I hope he is able to have a happy healthy life with people who will love him forever.
If I were ever to find a baby on the hood of a car I'm not sure what I'd do, a part of me would just want to keep him!

VB

and why wouldnt you keep him? it not like anyone would come looking for him :banghead:

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DazzelleShafer
Back