GUILTY CO - Erin Pendleton, 29, charged in death of newborn, Denver, 26 June 2004

kayceebee

Reaction score
Website
Visit site
:furious: :furious: :furious:
The picture of this woman is SCARY!!!

Police: Woman Dumped Newborn in Bar Restroom, Resumed Drinking at New Bar

D E N V E R, July 8, 2004 — A Denver woman allegedly high on cocaine gave birth in a sports bar restroom, stuffed the infant in a trash can and then continued bar-hopping with her friends, authorities said.

Erin Pendleton, 29, was being held in the city jail for investigation of first-degree murder. She was arrested last Friday, days after another woman allegedly dumped her newborn in a Denver trash bin.

Griselle Suarez, 20, is charged with first-degree murder. Police said her baby son was found alive in a trash bin but died June 28 in a hospital.

Pendleton went with her 6-year-old son and two women to Legends Bar and Grill on June 25, according to an arrest warrant affidavit. The women said Pendleton told them she had consumed a lot of cocaine before going out that evening.

Said It Was a Kidney Stone

At the bar, Pendleton called the boy's father on a cell phone and asked him to come get the child, then left the youngster with her friends while she disappeared for 60 to 90 minutes, the affidavit said. Sometime during that period, the boy's father arrived at the bar and then left with his son.

Eventually one of the friends became concerned and went to look for Pendleton in the bathroom. She told authorities that when she found Pendleton, there was blood on both Pendleton and in a bathroom stall.

According to the affidavit, Pendleton told her friends she had just passed a kidney stone.

The women then left the bar and went to the home of one of the friends, where Pendleton borrowed some clothes to replace her bloody outfit. After changing, she left with her friends for another bar, where they continued drinking, the affidavit said.

http://abcnews.go.com/sections/US/Living/abandoned_baby_040708-1.html

OMG ~ that is unbelievable.

I don't even know what to say! :eek: :eek: :eek:

She looks like something out of that movie "Wrong Turn"!

How can people act in this manner?

Cass, I don't know what to say, either.

Cupcake said:
She looks like something out of that movie "Wrong Turn"!

How can people act in this manner?

Cass, I don't know what to say, either.

Well I say she should be placed in a garbage bag and stuffed in a dumpster!!!!!!!

This wasn't about DRUGS~this is about someone who is selfish and covered up a murder by telling people she passed a kidney stone! Take her to the dump!

I don't know about you, but after childbirth, I could barely stand up, let alone go out and have fun. Cocaine must do interesting things to your sense of pain and such.

I just can't beleive people when they throw their children away. I don't get it.

So horrible, and doubly horrifying---> not even the only instance in Denver, on the same day!

Erin Pendleton, 29, was formally charged today with first-degree murder and child abuse. Police said the body of her infant son was found early June 26, just hours after another woman allegedly dumped her newborn in a Denver trash bin.

Griselle Suarez, 20, is also charged with first-degree murder. Police said her baby son was found alive in a trash bin but died June 28 in a hospital.

That is an odd picture. Does she have a hair net?

Her friends are idiots too! Who the heck wouldbuy such an idiotic story that she just passed a kidney stone. And no one else went to the restroom that whole time she was giving birth? Hard to beleieve no one would notice. It is sad too that people don;t take the time out nowadays to help and look out for children.

You bring a six year old to a bar. Your friends don't look for you for over an hour when ya went to the restroom? The dad of the 6 year old came to pick him up and mama was in the bathroom? Somebody gave ya clean clothes to wear and off you went to continue to drink? Must be some really nice friends and cohorts this chick had. Can't imagine what the poor six year old has succumbed to.

http://www.9news.com/news/article.aspx?storyid=84632

Denver District Attorney Mitch Morrissey says 33-year-old Erin Pendleton pleaded guilty to child abuse resulting in death.

Pendleton could face up to 40 years in prison at her Feb. 28 sentencing.
why on Gods green earth, did this take 3 1/2 years to wrap up? and people wonder why other people want to take the law into their own hands at times-

Couldn't interrupt her night of partying, now could she? So these folks think that you can just throw the kid away in the trash like they do in 3rd world countries when there is not enough food to go around?? This is the height of callousness-give her the max.

Erin Alison Pendleton

Guilty Plea
Sentence Date: 02/28/2008

Offense: Child Abuse Resulting in Death
Sentence: 40 years

04/01/2023 - 1st Parole Hearing
07/25/2023 - Parole Eligibility Date
07/25/2043 - Maximum Release Date

is there a GOOD reason this isnt LIFE WITHOUT PAROLE?.. :banghead:

I mean.. it was premeditated.. it only takes a few secs to THINK AND DECIDE TO MURDER... she knew she wasnt gonna keep thaT baby.. thats why she LIED and said a kidney stone..

WHY LET HER OUT?

TO0 MAKE MORE BABIES TO NEGLECT AND MURDER? UGH.. i should know better than to read certain things.. makes my old blood boil... :furious:

sigh..

rip lil baby :angel:

Frankly, for the killing of a newborn, this is a great sentence. It is unbelivable how many of them will get probation or a very short prison term. In fact, this is the best one I've seen out of all of the ones I have done.

I can attest to the fact that having babies in bars is not an unusual thing. Two of my children were almost born in bars. Their birth mothers (one using crack and one using meth) went to local bars as they began having labor pains. Possibly they thought that liquor would dull the pain. Thank goodness, both times, bartenders called 911 and the baby boys were born in hospitals. One was full term and one was 6 weeks early. Neither had received any prenatal care at all.

For those of us who show up at the doctor at the first missed period and follow all advise and take our vitamins and abstain from all the alcohol and cigarettes, it's almost unfathomable. But it happens every single day. I'm pretty teeny but all three of my birthsons were near ten pounds. Our largest adopted special needs child was 4 lbs. and he was full term. The tiniest two, twins, tipped the scale at 1 lb. and 1.5 lbs.

I've always felt very indebted to those bartenders.

really, I mean if I found my friend in a bathroom stall after an hour with blood on her, I would insist on either taking her to the hospital or calling 911

kidney stone or not (& I don't believe none of them knew she was pregnant)

hands up everyone who would continue to partay with an infant murdering/cocaine abusing drunk in bloody clothes

I realize this is an old story - hopefully those 'friends' have paid penance since for their collusion (quite frankly they're accessories after the fact in my book)

arghhhh k, rant over now

Frankly, for the killing of a newborn, this is a great sentence. It is unbelivable how many of them will get probation or a very short prison term. In fact, this is the best one I've seen out of all of the ones I have done.

that's true, I have to tense up for impact when I notice these are updates. I am getting to seriously hate seeing got off with parole, or charges dropped, or manslaughter with 2 years served....I really feel punched in the gut...

I also would be thrilled to see LIFE SENTENCES but I am happy enough for 40 years.

I've been thinking about this case since I read this last night. Who would bleed all over the bathroom from a kidney stone?

I suppose the friends were on drugs too.

I was one of the friends with Erin that night. And, 16 years later, that night still haunts me. I was 23 years old, and a new first time mother of a 1 year old. That was actually my first night out in over a year. This started out as a simple happy hour after work, and it turned into an evening I never expected and am deeply saddened by. For those of you saying we were on drugs, we were not. I was stunned that Erin had her son with her, but other families were there too, so it didn't seem so out of place. And, I personally checked on Erin a handful of times while she was in the restroom that night. You dont expect someone in your party is going to dispose of their newborn baby in a trash can. Especially when you dont event know they are pregnant. She asked for us to give her some time because she was passing a kidney stone. Ill never understand how she was physically able to even this, and in hindsight, I wish I would've done something more that night. That baby didn't deserve to die that way. I realize how it easy it is to speculate what you would do in that situation, but it just wasn't that obvious in the moment. She manipulated us and lied to us that evening. It wasnt until the next day, while watching the news and hearing what happened at Legends, that it instantly hit me. All of the events of the previous evening racing through my mind. I told myself, "no, this cant be possible. Im silly for wasting the police departments timr because this can't be true." I'm disgusted that I was unknowingly associated with such an awful experience. I will continue to pray for that sweet unborn baby, Erin's son who is probably the age I was when this happened, and for Erin's soul.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrsrb10
Back