809 users online (107 members and 702 guests)  

Websleuths News

Page 1 of 11 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Canada - Dana Tkachenko, 30, Peterborough ON, 23 Dec 2009

http://www1.peterboroughpolice.com/i...=2579&Itemid=1

Missing Person - Dana Tkachenko
    Wednesday, 13 January 2010

The Peterborough Lakefield Community Service is asking for the public’s assistance in locating a missing female. Dana Tkachenko, age 30, of Hunter Street East was last seen on the 23rd of December 2009 and reported missing on the 7th of January.

Tkachenko has gone missing in the past and is known to frequent the Toronto and Windsor area. Tkachenko is described as being a white female, approximately 5’7” tall, 145 lbs, with short brownish blonde hair, green eyes, with a large aboriginal bird tattooed across her chest. She sometimes uses an alias of Zoe Tkachenko or Anna Tkachenko.

Last edited by Cubby; 06-30-2010 at 11:42 PM.
    My posts are merely my humble opinion. Unless you are quoting within Websleuths Forums, you do not have my permission to copy nor use any post made by me for anything.
    ★ Thank you ★

Location of Peterborough, Ontario - Google MAP Google MAP

Dana is nearing completion of her master’s thesis in Canadian studies and indigenous studies at Trent University.

“She’s a straight-A student. She’s a brilliant, brilliant girl,” said Tamara, who is close to her sister. “She has gone missing previously ... but never for this long. It normally takes a week or week and a half before she’s found or gets in touch with us.”

Tamara’s family learned Dana might be in Victoria when friends who recently moved to Nanaimo distributed posters of Dana throughout Victoria’s shelters and at Our Place in the 900 block of Pandora Avenue. A woman at Our Place recognized Dana’s distinctive tattoo of a large bird on her chest and said she saw her on Jan. 18.
    read more : http://www.iammissing.ca/Missing.html#Dana_Tkachenko

My posts are merely my humble opinion. Unless you are quoting within Websleuths Forums, you do not have my permission to copy nor use any post made by me for anything.
    ★ Thank you ★

Sister of a woman missing from her Ontario home makes public plea for help
    February 3, 2010

Dana, 30, was diagnosed several years ago with a mental illness described as bipolar and “schizoaffective disorder.” Her family worries she has stopped taking her medication and may be engaging in high-risk activities and drug abuse among Victoria’s street community.

read more : http://www.timescolonist.com/Sister+...014/story.html
    ★ Thank you ★

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SlKvQ...layer_embedded

Dana Tkachenko is 5'7" with short brown/blonde hair and green eyes, with a large bird tattoo on her chest. Anyone with information on her location is asked to contact Victoria police immediately at 250-995-7654. Police are assisting Tamara in her search. The family has also posted a Facebook page to help locate Dana.

http://interceder.net/news/Dana-Tkachenko
    Last edited by KateB; 04-28-2015 at 10:01 PM. Reason: repair url tag.
    ★ Thank you ★

RCMP in BC - Nanaimo - Missing Person - Dana Tkachenko

Dana has health issues which may lead her to neglecting her well being and cause her to participate in high risk activities.She has used homeless shelters in the past ,has no drivers license or passport. She is is 5 ft 7 and weighs approximately 135 pounds.She has brown hair and sometimes it is dyed blonde, as in the attached photo.She has a distinctive tattoo of an aboriginal bird on her collarbone.She often wears combat style clothing and is quite amicable if approached.

Anyone with information on the whereabouts of Dana Tkachenko is asked to contact the Nanaimo RCMP at 250-754-2345 or call Crime Stoppers at 1-800-222-8477.

The Nanaimo RCMP will be hosting a press conference today at 1:30 PM at the Nanaimo RCMP Detachment, located at 303 Prideaux St .The purpose of the conference is to introduce Tamara Tkachenko and her other sister. who has flown in from Calgary to help look for Dana. They will address the media and provide answers and updated information on the search for their sister.
    http://bc.rcmp.ca/ViewPage.action?si...ontentId=13413
    Last edited by Hazel; 03-02-2010 at 03:30 AM.
    ★ Thank you ★

Pair go cross-country in desperate search for sister

It’s a needle in a haystack search, but sisters Tamara and Korina Tkachenko say they will find their missing sister.

Tamara dropped her life in Ontario, as did Lethbridge, Alta. resident Korina, as the pair search for their eldest sister, 30-year-old Dana, who disappeared from her Ontario home Dec. 23.
    read more : http://www.bclocalnews.com/news/84229322.html
    ★ Thank you ★

I can't find any news stories on missing Dana Tkachenko. Has anyone heard anything at all?

http://www.nanaimo-info-blog.com/201...o-missing.html

Dana is is is 5 ft 7 and weighs approximately 135 pounds.She has brown hair and sometimes it is dyed blonde, as in the attached photo.She has a distinctive tattoo of an aboriginal bird on her collarbone.She often wears combat style clothing and is quite amicable if approached.
    Anyone with information on the whereabouts of Dana Tkachenko is asked to contact the Nanaimo RCMP at 250-754-2345 or call Crime Stoppers at 1-800-222-8477.

Dana Tkachenko - Missing Person Information FACEBOOK Group

http://www.facebook.com/group.php?v=...d=255278296905

★ Thank you ★

Dana Tkachenko
    • Last seen: Wednesday, December 23rd, 2009 in Peterborough, Ontario
    • The last confirmed sighting: in Victoria, British Columbia
    • Description: white
    • Height: 5' 7"
    • Weight: 135-145 lbs
    • Eyes: green
    • Tattoo: Aboriginal bird across her collar bone (see image below)
    • Clothing: likely wearing: (images available in her Facebook Group)
      - green army parka with fur around the hood
      - black army combat boots
      - green army pants
    ★ Thank you ★

http://www.nampn.org/cases/tkachenko_dana.html

Dana Tkachenko

Above Images: Tkachenko

Vital Statistics at Time of Disappearance

Missing Since: December 23, 2009 from Peterborough, Ontario
    Classification: Missing
    Date Of Birth: n/a
    Height: 5'7"
    Weight: 135 lbs.
    Hair Color: Brown/Blonde
    Eye Color: Green
    Race: White
    Distinguishing Characteristics: Hair may be dyed blonde,
    Tattoo of an aborignal bird on her collarbone - center upper
    chest Medical Conditions: Dana has health issues which may
    lead her to neglecting her well being and cause her to participate
    in high risk activities. Clothing: Often wears combat style clothes.

Details of Disappearance
    Dana went missing from her home in Peterborough, Ontario on December 23rd. She has been missing before but has never been gone for more than ten days and always contacts her family. There has been no movement on her bank account and she has not logged into her Facebook account since December 18th.

Her sister Tamara Tkachenko, has been actively looking for her and her search has taken her to Victoria where there have been several confirmed sightings of Dana in January. Tamara has contacted the Victoria Police Department ( Victoria file# 2010-3048) and since speaking with several media outlets, there have been several more possible sightings of Dana in Duncan.

Dana has used homeless shelters in the past. She doesn't have a drivers license or passport. She is quite amicable if approached.

Investigating Agency
    If you have any information concerning this case, please contact:
    Community Policing Services, Nanaimo
    Cst. Gary O'Brien
    250-754-2345 or 1-800-222-8477

</B>
    Source Information
    vancouversun.com
    iammissing
    bc.rcmp.ca

Canada - Ottawa ON, white female, Ottawa River, Jun'10 - Dana Tkachenk

Police looking to ID body found in Ottawa River

Ottawa Police have released images of clothing found on the body of a dead woman whose body was found floating in the Ottawa River two weeks ago.

Police are looking for help in identifying the remains, which were recovered on June 10.

Investigators said the clothing and autopsy results suggest the body was likely in the water for at least three to four months.

The body recovered was that of a white woman, about 5-foot-4 and 119 pounds with long brown hair, police said.

As they continue to try to identify the woman, police also revealed that an autopsy showed the woman had previously had her appendix removed.

Anyone with information as to the identity of the woman is asked to call the Central District Investigations of the Ottawa Police Services.

Read more + Comments: http://www.cbc.ca/canada/ottawa/stor...ing-woman.html
    Last edited by Cubby; 06-30-2010 at 11:47 PM.
    ★ Thank you ★

Ottawa Police
    News Release

Ottawa Police seek public’s assistance in identifying a deceased female

FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE: Friday, June 25, 2010 11:25 am

(Ottawa)—The Ottawa Police Service is seeking the public’s assistance in identifying the body of a deceased female found floating in the Ottawa River on June 10, 2010.

Follow-up investigation by officers has not provided an identity for the decedent who is:

• described as being: a white female
    • Height: approximately 162cm (5’4) tall
    • Weight: 57kg (119lbs)
    • Hair: long brown hair
    • Other: had her appendix removed

The clothing the female decendent was wearing, as well as the autopsy results, suggest that the decendant was likely in the water for at least 3 to 4 months.

Any persons with information pertaining to the possible identity of the decedent are requested to call the:

Central District Investigations Section at (613) 236-1222, ext. 5448

Sgt. Daniel Brennan, Central District Investigations

Tel: (613) 236-1222, ext. 5684
    ★ Thank you ★

big size photographs of CLOTHING

The clothing she was wearing at the time of her death can be viewed in the photographs provided in the link below:

CLOTHING PHOTOGRAPHS =
    http://www.ottawapolice.ca/en/mediar...776072719.aspx
    ★ Thank you ★

Two different shoes and lots of layers. Likely a transient.

I wonder if LE puts posters up in areas known as homeless camps when UID's may be homeless.
    ~JMO~

A grandfather is someone with silver in his hair and gold in his heart. ~Author Unknown

Long Lost Love - Discovery ID - Disappeared - Bob Harrod Case

You can now purchase Mr. Harrod's Disappeared episode through Amazon, iTunes or YouTube.

Identified

UPDATE

Ottawa Police News Release
    FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE: Wednesday, June 30, 2010 2:30 pm

(Ottawa) – The body of a deceased female found in the Ottawa River on June 10, 2010 has been identified. The Ottawa Police investigation has concluded and the cause of death is not considered suspicious. The identity of the victim will not be divulged at this time.

The Ottawa Police would like to thank the public and the media for their assistance in this matter.

Media Relations Section
    Telephone: 613-236-1222 ext. 5366

http://www.ottawapolice.ca/en/mediar...a77677051.aspx
    ★ Thank you ★

Page 1 of 11 1 2 3 ... LastLast