GUILTY IL - Jeffrey, 50, Lori, 48, & Michael Kramer, 20, slain, Darien, 2 March 2010

Oh, this is terrifying....and I can't imagine what that person, hiding in the closet to call 911, the fear and terror she went through.

Very sad. I hope the perp(s) are caught soon.

Three people who were found fatally shot inside their house after an apparent home invasion in west suburban Darien, Ill., Tuesday morning have been identified, MyFoxChicago.com reported.

Police Chief Robert Pavelchic said the victims were Jeffrey Kramer, 50, Lori Kramer, 48, and their son, Michael Kramer, 20. Pavelchic also said three other people were inside the home at the time of the shooting: a daughter, a son and another woman whose relationship to the family is not yet known.

At 2:59 a.m. police received a call from the daughter, who is believed to be in her early 20s, inside the house. She was hiding upstairs and told police she heard a suspicious noise or shots fired in the home in the Tara Hill subdivision in the 8900 block of Kilkenny Drive, according to Darien Deputy Police Chief John Cooper.

Police found a woman and two men fatally shot in the house, where they all lived, according to Cooper.

The three who survived the attack were being interviewed the Darien Police Department and contacting other family members.

Jeffrey Kramer owns a towing company in Cicero, but police had no information about whether the family business may be somehow involved in the shooting.

Snipped from http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,587732,00.html?loomia_ow=t0:s0:a4:g4:r1:c0.000000:b0:z5

Thanks TexasMist. I did a search, but didn't find another thread..I must have missed yours. Thanks for letting me know..hopefully a mod can merge them. :)

http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/ct-met-0303-darien-three-killed-20100302,0,3351529.story

.snip...
Late Tuesday, police were continuing to investigate who was responsible for tearing that family apart when Kramer, 50, his wife, Lori, 48, and the couple's youngest son, Michael, 20, were shot to death in the family's home on Kilkenny Drive in Darien.

The couple's daughter, Angela, 25, called police about 3 a.m. Tuesday from a closet in the house, authorities said. The Kramers' older son, Anthony, 29, was climbing out a window in his basement bedroom when police arrived. A sixth person in the house, whom police described as a 17-year-old female friend of Michael Kramer, ran from the home pounding on neighbors' doors seeking help, police said.

Authorities found the bodies of Jeffrey and Michael Kramer on the first floor of the house. Lori Kramer's body was found on stairs leading to the second floor, police said.

snip...

Fabian Sanchez, owner of Fabian's Auto, a business next to Kramer's Auto Repair, said Kramer would treat Sanchez to a beer now and then and give him Christmas gifts nearly every year.

Sanchez said Kramer told him that he had helped Angela Kramer and her baby move out of a home they shared with the child's father and return to the family's Darien home in December. Court records show Angela is seeking financial support from her son's father. Police declined to comment on where the infant, born in February 2009, was when the shootings occurred.

Wondering if AKs baby's father drove a blue 94 Beamer....

Scary and sad..

when I see stuff about a custody dispute etc I can't help but think of that

and I am sure LE is thinking the same way

This is the strangest story I have ever seen.

The police have a suspect but they are not naming him? Why not.

How come it has never been reported the baby was in the closet with the mother?

Where is the baby?

Why do police refuse to talk about the baby?

Something is really wrong with this case.

Yep I agree something is wrong with this case. Where is the baby? Strange they won't name the POI but they will tell us what kind of car he drives.

Maybe this isn't related to AK and the baby at all. There was the 17 y/o girl in the house, said to be a female "friend" of MK. Maybe this guy is an ex?? They are not releasing info, possibly because she is an unnamed minor??

Just throwing ideas out there.

Authorities have arrested a 23-year old suspect in this crime...found him in Fort Myers, FL, sleeping in a mini-van.

http://www.chicagobreakingnews.com/2010/03/darien-cops-seek-bmw-that-may-be-linked-to-murders.html

I wonder what his connection is with the family.

He is around their daughter's age.

I wonder if they dated then she broke up with him or he wanted a relationship with her and she didn't.

I also wonder if anything was taken from the home.

So sad.

imo

Yep I agree something is wrong with this case. Where is the baby? Strange they won't name the POI but they will tell us what kind of car he drives.

Since the father is not a suspect I believe that most likely the child was with him with this happened.

imo

I wonder what his connection is with the family.

He is around their daughter's age.

I wonder if they dated then she broke up with him or he wanted a relationship with her and she didn't.

I also wonder if anything was taken from the home.

So sad.

imo

My first thought was perhaps he is the father of the baby mentioned in an earlier story. A video at the Chicago Sun-Times shows the suspect begin arrested and a shot of a blue BMW coupe parked in a garage (his parent's garage perhaps?). Sounds like LE knew who they were looking for pretty quickly.

http://www.suntimes.com/news/24-7/2082083,darien-murder-suspect-florida-030310.article

http://abclocal.go.com/wls/story?section=news/local&id=7311477

March 3, 2010 (DARIEN, Ill.) (WLS) -- The man police called a prime suspect in the shooting deaths of three family members in Darien is scheduled to appear in court Thursday morning in Florida.

Authorities found 23-year-old Jacob Nodarse was found in Lehigh Acres, Fla., near Fort Myers Wednesday afternoon.

The Daily Herald is also reporting that another suspect is in custody. He is 25-year-old Angela Kramer's ex-boyfriend. Angela Kramer is one of the victims who survived the attack on her family.

Police are questioning the ex-boyfriend but say that he does have an alibi. He was gambling on a river boat at the time of the murders, which was 3 a.m. Tuesday.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
zipperoni
Back