1275 users online (291 members and 984 guests)  

The Killing Season - Websleuths

Websleuths News

Angry AUS - Man who exposed himself to 114 children doesn't consider himself a pedophile

Man who exposed himself to 114 children across Melbourne does not consider himself a pedophile, court told

* Norrie Ross
    * March 02, 2010 2:23PM

A MAN dubbed the "cycle sex fiend'', who terrorised 114 children across Melbourne after being released from jail for raping two children does not consider himself a pedophile, a court heard today.

Psychologist Jeffrey Cummins told the County Court that Trevor Hemer denied he was sexually aroused by children despite the fact some of his victims were as young as four.

Mr Cummins told the pre-sentence plea hearing that Hemer, 57 did not appear to be a pedophile but he could not rule it out.

He said Hemer suffered from a major underlying depressive illness and he believed he reacted in an extreme way to stress.

Prosecutor Amanda Forrester suggested pedophilia was the most reasonable explanation for a man committing such a large number of sexual offences against mainly pre-pubescent children.

"He does have a very specific sexual problem,'' Mr Cummins said. "He doesn't know what it is. No one knows what it is.
    During his six-year reign of terror, Hemer approached his unsuspecting victims on his bicycle in parks and in the street and asked them for directions.

He then exposed himself to the children, and in some cases asked them to touch him and engaged them in graphic conversations about sex.

He offended across Melbourne in suburbs including Northcote, Camberwell, Springvale, Box Hill, , Balwyn, Murrumbeena, Kew , Moonee Ponds and Oakleigh.

In 1995, Hemer was jailed for a minimum of five years on three counts of rape against victims aged 10, 11 and 38 and charges of indecent assault against victims aged 10,11, 12, and 21.

He was on parole when he committed the first 14 offences in his "flashing'' spree across the city.

Mr Cummins agreed that in 1994 he examined Hemer after his arrest for the rapes and assessed he was a low risk of re-offending.

After examining him in the past few months he now suggested he was a moderately high risk of re-offending.

She said most of the victims were under 12 and they felt frightened and corrupted after being accosted by Hemer.

She added his behaviour and prior criminal history were exceptionally serious.

Defence counsel Shane Gardner said the court should take into account the absence of any touching or use of force by his client and suggested four or five years minimum was more appropriate.

Judge Wilmoth will sentence Hemer on March 16.

more here

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/news/man...-1225836142038

Noooo - he didn't touch these 114 kids -- he just asked them to touch HIM & they were so freaked out & disgusted, they didn't do it!

Moderately high risk of re-offending??????????? How many more kids does he have to damage mentally & emotionally for anyone to recognize this perv is seriously high risk of re-offending -- especially after he denies being a pedophile after being convicted of raping kids????

Callous defense attorneys & ignorant psychologists really chap my hide.
    What we are doing is just a drop in the ocean.
    But if that drop was not in the ocean,
    I think the ocean would be less because of that missing drop.
    ~~ Mother Theresa ~~

Where is Rachel Cooke? Missing since 10-Jan-2002
    Rachel's thread - WS
    RachelCookeSearch.org

he's not a pedophile........he's just depressed.

thats' a new one. wonder how much the defense paid that moron to say that.

Hoping the word gets out in Melborne that Mr. Cummins is not that hot a judge of offenders.

Interesting that the perp does not consider himself to be sexually attracted to children-I have to say that HIS word does not hold a whole lot of weight with me at the present time. I suspect that he is trying to save his skin while he is in the pokey...just a guess anyway.
    email me

Long Lost Love: The Bob Harrod Story Disappeared/ID Network
    Amazon: Purchase Long Lost Love $1.99

Bob Harrod SAR

“The first time someone shows you who they are, believe them.”
    ― Maya Angelou

I just finished reading-If Shane Gardner feels that 4-5 years is appropriate, then Shane should take the perp home once the sentence is up.
    email me

Bob Harrod SAR

― Maya Angelou

Quote Originally Posted by Texas Mist View Post
    Man who exposed himself to 114 children across Melbourne does not consider himself a pedophile, court told

* Norrie Ross
    * March 02, 2010 2:23PM

A MAN dubbed the "cycle sex fiend'', who terrorised 114 children across Melbourne after being released from jail for raping two children does not consider himself a pedophile, a court heard today.

Psychologist Jeffrey Cummins told the County Court that Trevor Hemer denied he was sexually aroused by children despite the fact some of his victims were as young as four.

Mr Cummins told the pre-sentence plea hearing that Hemer, 57 did not appear to be a pedophile but he could not rule it out.

He said Hemer suffered from a major underlying depressive illness and he believed he reacted in an extreme way to stress.

Prosecutor Amanda Forrester suggested pedophilia was the most reasonable explanation for a man committing such a large number of sexual offences against mainly pre-pubescent children.

"He does have a very specific sexual problem,'' Mr Cummins said. "He doesn't know what it is. No one knows what it is.
    During his six-year reign of terror, Hemer approached his unsuspecting victims on his bicycle in parks and in the street and asked them for directions.

He then exposed himself to the children, and in some cases asked them to touch him and engaged them in graphic conversations about sex.

He offended across Melbourne in suburbs including Northcote, Camberwell, Springvale, Box Hill, , Balwyn, Murrumbeena, Kew , Moonee Ponds and Oakleigh.

In 1995, Hemer was jailed for a minimum of five years on three counts of rape against victims aged 10, 11 and 38 and charges of indecent assault against victims aged 10,11, 12, and 21.

He was on parole when he committed the first 14 offences in his "flashing'' spree across the city.

Mr Cummins agreed that in 1994 he examined Hemer after his arrest for the rapes and assessed he was a low risk of re-offending.

After examining him in the past few months he now suggested he was a moderately high risk of re-offending.

She said most of the victims were under 12 and they felt frightened and corrupted after being accosted by Hemer.

She added his behaviour and prior criminal history were exceptionally serious.

Defence counsel Shane Gardner said the court should take into account the absence of any touching or use of force by his client and suggested four or five years minimum was more appropriate.

Judge Wilmoth will sentence Hemer on March 16.

more here

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/news/man...-1225836142038

Noooo - he didn't touch these 114 kids -- he just asked them to touch HIM & they were so freaked out & disgusted, they didn't do it!

Moderately high risk of re-offending??????????? How many more kids does he have to damage mentally & emotionally for anyone to recognize this perv is seriously high risk of re-offending -- especially after he denies being a pedophile after being convicted of raping kids????

Callous defense attorneys & ignorant psychologists really chap my hide.
    Mr Cummings might say he doesn't know what his clients specific 'sexual problem' is, but it's pretty darn clear to me and everyone else who reads it.

He's a psychologist? How the heck could he not know!
    The POS RAPED a 10 and 11 year old, and when he gets out he goes on a flashing spree directed at kids.

This is the one thing I hate about Oz. These POS's are afforded more rights than the victims or the general public. And they get off with nothing more than a slap on the wrist most of the time.

And I can tell you from personal experience that these kids are indeed victims, and even if he didn't physically touch them they have been scarred by the experience.
    Just reading this article is making me have flashbacks to the 4 different times it hapened to me growing up. I was so scared and ashamed that I never told my parents/teachers/church bishop.
    One time it happened when my sister and I were walking to church. The sick SOB asked us if we could help him out, and it would only take a few minutes and he'd pay us $20.

We thought he wanted us to help him move a piece of furniture or something. When he told us all we had to do was watch while he 'pulled himself off' we ran as fast as we could to the safety of church.
    So this guy didn't even actually flash us- but it still traumatized us both.
    The other 3 times were flashing with MB.

Hemer needs to spend the rest of his life behind bars.Right now he is being taught that he can get away with it, and that it's okay to traumatize kids as long as he says he's depressed.

End of rant- sorry.

ETA: The upside to this is that if he does time it won't be in protective custody. If he doesn't believe he's a pedo, then he'll have to be housed in gen pop....then justice will be served by the other inmates.
    Last edited by butwhatif?; 03-02-2010 at 05:40 PM. Reason: add

It's a very traumatic experience when someone "flashes" you and many do escalate to other sex crimes.

Our next door neighbor flashed me a couple of times when I was out working in the garden. He would stand inside his house nude, open the curtains wide and pose right up against the window. It freaked the heck out of me the first time he did it. Our houses in the neighborhood were fairly close together and his "posing window" was only about 10 ft away from where I was working. I heard him tap on the window and looked up...

I stayed calm, pretended I didn't see him and walked to the back yard where the kids were playing to get them inside. I glanced back at his house as I herded them inside and saw he had moved to the back of the house and was posing nude at the open back screen door. Totally freaked me out. I went out in the back yard again later to get some of the kids toys and he walked into our yard and struck up a conversation (clothed this time). I pretended nothing happened and got back inside ASAP.

The kids didn't see anything, but I was traumatized and scared for months after. I reported it to the police who came over in an unmarked car to observe him. They said they suspected he was the same person who had been flashing people around town at the parks. They kept an eye on him, but couldn't do anything without a witness.

We moved a year later and our neighbors later told us he was finally arrested when he came home from work early one day and tried to rape their babysitter. She ran from the house screaming for help. This was an upper-middle class neighborhood and the SO was a financial professional. Weird thing was none of my neighbors believed me when I told them, but they sure believed it a couple of years later when he was arrested.

No professional worth their degree should claim flashers are harmless, especially where children are involved.
    Last edited by Betty P; 03-02-2010 at 06:43 PM.

this guy started out as a rapist. He is flashing because he wants to act out but doesnt want to do the same kind of time, I suspect. again just a guess.
    email me

Bob Harrod SAR

― Maya Angelou

This psychologist (Cummins) is nuts!!! He needs an evaluation himself, imo.

This is what he had to say about another SO perp last month:

Psychologist Jeffrey Cummins told the court Iliakis had ''close to zero empathy'' with his victims, and had only ''minimal'' insight into his behaviour. The psychologist said Iliakis' behaviour blurred the boundaries between fantasy and reality.
    ''It is a concern for rehabilitation, but he has been very motivated to receive treatment,'' he said, adding that he thought it ''unlikely'' Iliakis would reoffend.
    http://www.watoday.com.au/national/t...0208-nnav.html

BBM- So the POS has no empathy for his victims, has minimal insight into his behaviour/crimes, and yet Cummins, a psychologist believes he's 'unlikely' to re-offend? Is this what he says about all the SO's he has to evaluate? There's no place for optimism with SO's imo.
    WTF!!!!
    Last edited by butwhatif?; 03-02-2010 at 08:07 PM. Reason: sp

Quote Originally Posted by butwhatif? View Post
    This psychologist (Cummings) is nuts!!! He needs an evaluation himself, imo.

BBM- So the POS has no empathy for his victims, has minimal insight into his behaviour/crimes, and yet Cummings, a psychologist believes he's 'unlikely' to re-offend? Is this what he says about all the SO's he has to evaluate? There's no place for optimism with SO's imo.
    WTF!!!!
    Cummins was the one who evaluated him after the rapes, right? He said at that time this guy would be unlikely to reoffend.....cough, sputter
    email me

Bob Harrod SAR

― Maya Angelou

Quote Originally Posted by butwhatif? View Post
    This psychologist (Cummins) is nuts!!! He needs an evaluation himself, imo.

BBM- So the POS has no empathy for his victims, has minimal insight into his behaviour/crimes, and yet Cummins, a psychologist believes he's 'unlikely' to re-offend? Is this what he says about all the SO's he has to evaluate? There's no place for optimism with SO's imo.
    WTF!!!!
    Cummins may be one of those "psychologists" that believe children are not harmed by molestation....it's only "touching" - no physical harm.

But I'm starting to form an opinion he may well have his own problems (e.g. pedophilia)....wouldn't be the first one.

Heck we've got a thread here on the psych "experts" who are pedophiles.

Australia needs to kick this guy to the curb.....IMO he's responsible for any harm that befalls kids due to his evals on the pervs that get released.
    What we are doing is just a drop in the ocean.
    But if that drop was not in the ocean,
    I think the ocean would be less because of that missing drop.
    ~~ Mother Theresa ~~

Where is Rachel Cooke? Missing since 10-Jan-2002
    Rachel's thread - WS
    RachelCookeSearch.org

Cummins views on sex crimes against adults seems very different to those against children.

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/news/rap...-1111115107116

"He's quite a disturbed young man," he said.

He said he would require long term treatment to be rehabilitated.
    I'm gonna be keeping a very close eye on this guy and do some more digging. BIG red flags here.

JMO

ETA , now the red flags are gigantic! Yet another case that involved evaluation by JC:

http://www.watoday.com.au/national/f...0407-9v7i.html

Ms Campbell said video files of children aged between one and 16, including victims bound and gagged and others being sexually abused, were found on de Rozairo's computer hard drive.

Defence barrister Tony Burns said de Rozairo, who was "racked with remorse", had not paid fees or subscribed for the material, contacted others, entered chatrooms or swapped images — but had effectively become addicted to the internet, to which he retreated when under extreme work pressure at Newskills training company.

Psychologist Jeffrey Cummins said in evidence it was "most improbable" that de Rozairo was a pedophile.

So what is a pedophile?

According to the Diagnostic and Statistical Manual of Mental Disorders (DSM), pedophilia is specified as a form of paraphilia in which a person either has acted on intense sexual urges towards children, or experiences recurrent sexual urges towards and fantasies about children that cause distress or interpersonal difficulty.
    Does JC not have a copy of the DSM?

Help me out here guys. Who do I contact about this scary psychologist
    Last edited by butwhatif?; 03-02-2010 at 09:05 PM. Reason: add

lol so when depression isnt the cause, its internet addiction

this guy is a bad used car salesman if nothingelse

butwhatif, you must have a regulatory body that keeps track of complaints and licenses, much like we do here. I suspect that a two pronged approach would be really effective-if you have any media contacts, I would get them interested in Cummins as a subject. I would also contact the regulatory body that issues licenses to practice and give them snippets of Cummins testimony as well as the cases that apply to him. Chances are there have been whispers about him within LE or his own community of psychologists in regards to his testimony. He may be as innocuous as a "paid witness" who will prostitute himself for expert testimony fees OR he could be something much worse.
    email me

Bob Harrod SAR

― Maya Angelou

Ring ring, clue phone!! If it walks like a duck, squawks like a duck, swims like a duck its a frippen duck!! Sheesh!! And only a moderate risk to reoffend? Please have this man move next door to you Mr. psycho psycologist.