Sbtc

Jayelles

Reaction score
Website
Visit site
Now that we know the Ramsey PI's prime suspect's first name is Steve, any IDI enthusiasts want to re-theorise about SBTC?

Well I am not an IDI theorist but I'll comment on SBTC nonetheless.

As I've said before, I do not believe that this acronym SBTC at the end of the ransom note means anything real at all.
Why, in a fake note where everything in it is a lie and motivated to deceive - would the writer then be "truthful" at the end of the note by writing an acronym that truly stands for something "real"?
C'mon!
It would only really stand for something if the note were written in truth!
To kidnap and collect ransom by some intruder!
It was not.

SBTC was just hastily written in a panic like everything else in the note.

One thing it DOES do though - points yet again to Patsy Ramsey who is known for her knack for using acronyms.

~Angel~

The sign-off is Victory! S.B.T.C They go togther. You can't cut something in two, analyze one half and get a whole picture.

In Hoc Signo Vinces.

Victory and The Cross. Read, read, read the (bloody) history of Christianity.

K777angel said:
As I've said before, I do not believe that this acronym SBTC at the end of the ransom note means anything real at all.
Why, in a fake note where everything in it is a lie and motivated to deceive - would the writer then be "truthful" at the end of the note by writing an acronym that truly stands for something "real"?

parable 1. a short allegorical story designed to convey a truth or moral lesson. 2. a statement or comment that conveys a meaning indirectly by the use of comparison, analogy or the like.

parapraxis - faulty action, (fehleistung) Freudian Slip. In every case there is presumed to be an unconscious determinant of the faulty action which can sometimes be inferred directly from the context.

The note is a short work of literature, complete with introduction, plot, climax and denoument and a postscript. It can be read as a veiled directive to God for His part in a resurrection.

I normally post on Laci Peterson forum but I read here occasionally and it just struck me where I have heard at least part of sbtc. Could the JonBenet's killer have remembered the bind, torture,kill murders from years ago and tried to link it to that, and just added an s to make it harder to narrow down?

From what I read, Patsy's use of acronyms was particular and distinct and limited to personal descriptive adjectives. I believe Patsy was in a frame of mind and saw herself as Some That's Crazy over the incident of JonBenet's demise.

I think it's Saved By The Cross....since Patsy remembered 'reading' in the dark over John's shoulder. It will be something familiar to Patsy.

Although 'Steve By The Crock' is a good guess.

I found this:-

Super-duper cool agent Randy - 12/05/98 09:36:52
My Email:No...too much of a secret to tell....
phile/non phile?: Yeah, i'm a secret agent that no one knows about...so don't tell anyone
'shipper, noromo, fencer?: I'm a super cool talofa killing man
referred to this site by?: I was mysteriously brought here by a foreign faction and told that if i didn't want to sign this, they would reveal my secret identity...so i had to comply with them and here i am now...
fav. motto/quote?: A.D.I.D.A.S

I just thought it was a bit intriguing.

where did that come from?

And fill me in here, I haven't checked in in awhile. Steve is the first name of the perp. Lou is looking for? Anything else on him?

Nedthan Johns said:
where did that come from?

And fill me in here, I haven't checked in in awhile. Steve is the first name of the perp. Lou is looking for? Anything else on him?

Ned, go to FFJ. PM me if you want more.

Jayelles said:
Now that we know the Ramsey PI's prime suspect's first name is Steve, any IDI enthusiasts want to re-theorise about SBTC?

John Steven Gigax

His first name is John, not Steven. His middle name is Steven.

Or are you saying he goes by the name of Steven?

IMO

As noted by another poster, Victory, S. B. T. C. makes it more complete.

Since tennis is favored by many in John's position, maybe it was a sarcastic reference to a victory at South Boulder Tennis Club.

saved by the cross is a pretty good fit, but the rest of the note makes no religious (direct) references, and in fact mentions a time line including the beginning of the next year, as opposed to after Christmas.

stop bombing third-world countries could be the best possibility and is in keeping with the opening of the note, and would provide closure. The statement by the 'small foreign faction' and 's.b.t.c.' both indicate a lack of respect for the US. The Signs were reportedly seen in Boulder in Dec. '96 saying,
Stop
Bombing
Third world
Countries

Cherokee said:
John Steven Gigax

His first name is John, not Steven. His middle name is Steven.

Or are you saying he goes by the name of Steven?

IMO

I get the impression that he calls himself Steve. His court record say John Steven Gigax aka Steve Gigax.

I assume since you all think that the signature S.B.T.C. was actually something 'true' in the note - then all else in the note must be assumed to be true as well, correct?
Because surely you wouldn't consider the entire note bogus and fake - but believe just ONE little piece of it to have been written in truth would you?

I don't get it.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wdavewong
Back