NC NC - Jalesa Reynolds, 18, Scotland Neck, 22 Feb 2010

summer_breeze

Reaction score
http://www.wral.com/news/news_briefs/story/7121551/

Jalesa Reynolds
Halifax County teen reported missing
Posted: Today at 9:21 p.m.

Scotland Neck, N.C. — Scotland Neck police are searching for a missing teen last seen on Monday.

Jalesa Reynolds, 18, was last seen at the Scotland Neck Memorial Library around 11 a.m. Monday.

She is described as 5-foot-2 and 220 pounds. She has a medium complexion and short black hair. She was wearing tan pants, a pink shirt and a blue-jean jacket with a flower design on the back.

Anyone with information about Reynolds’ whereabouts is asked to contact Scotland Neck Police at 252-826-4111.

Web Editor: Kathy Hanrahan

scan0001-220x165.jpg

I found her Myspace. Looks like her last login was Feb. 22nd and her status is set as "lovin my boo always no matter what.(mood:feelin alright for right now but missin him.) and her mood is set as sad.

Her MySpace isn't private, but I'm not sure if I'm allowed to post the link here or not.

I found her Myspace. Looks like her last login was Feb. 22nd and her status is set as "lovin my boo always no matter what.(mood:feelin alright for right now but missin him.) and her mood is set as sad.

Her MySpace isn't private, but I'm not sure if I'm allowed to post the link here or not.

Since she is an adult, you may post the link.

http://www.witn.com/home/headlines/85825382.html

Updated: 7:55 PM Mar 1, 2010

NEW INFO: Search Teams Look For Missing Teen
Jalesa Reynolds was last seen on February 22nd at the Scotland Neck Memorial Library around 11:00 a.m.
Posted: 12:36 PM Mar 1, 2010

Teams spent Monday afternoon searching an area where a missing Halifax County teen was last seen a week ago.

The air, land and water search ended around 5:00 p.m. Scotland Neck police chief Joe Williams said they did get a clue from the search of the Roanoke River and will update the media Tuesday at 10:00 a.m.

Family members of a missing Halifax County teenager last seen more than a week ago pleaded on Tuesday for her safe return.

Jalesa Reynolds, 18, was seen at the Scotland Neck Memorial Library around 11 a.m. on Feb. 22.

Reynolds’ cousin Frederick Lassiter said Tuesday that it was uncharacteristic of Reynolds to not come home.

“We just love Jalesa,” he said. “If there is anybody out there that knows anything about this case or the whereabouts of her, just call the Scotland Neck police department.”

Investigators said they have since traced Reynolds' Internet activity to a computer at a home on the 200 block of Cemetery Road. They think she went to the home after going to the library.

Investigators said the man who owns the residence where Reynolds accessed the computer is a person of interest in her disappearance.

Snipped from http://www.wral.com/news/local/story/7148643/

Family members of a missing Halifax County teenager last seen more than a week ago pleaded on Tuesday for her safe return.

Jalesa Reynolds, 18, was seen at the Scotland Neck Memorial Library around 11 a.m. on Feb. 22.

Reynolds’ cousin Frederick Lassiter said Tuesday that it was uncharacteristic of Reynolds to not come home.

“We just love Jalesa,” he said. “If there is anybody out there that knows anything about this case or the whereabouts of her, just call the Scotland Neck police department.”

Investigators said they have since traced Reynolds' Internet activity to a computer at a home on the 200 block of Cemetery Road. They think she went to the home after going to the library.

Investigators said the man who owns the residence where Reynolds accessed the computer is a person of interest in her disappearance.

Snipped from http://www.wral.com/news/local/story/7148643/

Thank you for posting this, KC!!

I read about Jalesa missing yesterday then lost the link & couldn't remember her name to find it again....I have had her on my mind so thanks again for posting!!

Prayers she is found safely any minute now.

scan0001-400x300.jpg

from http://www.ncwanted.com/ncwanted_home/image/7121561/

According to Jalesa's MySpace, it looks like she has a boyfriend. Also, her last login is Feb. 22nd. (day she went missing).

http://www.digtriad.com/news/local/article.aspx?storyid=138306&catid=57

Dana Arquilla Updated: 3/2/2010 8:42:20 PM

Greensboro, NC--No one has seen or heard from 18-year old Jalesa Reynolds since she went to the library in Scotland Neck one week ago.

Investigators suspect foul play in her disappearance, and they're using Facebook for clues.

Police held a press conference today.

They say the last activity she had was traced to a computer at the library.

About an hour and a half later she signed on to Facebook from a computer in a neighborhood.

The chief says they've interviewed about 60 people, including the man at the address of her last Facebook login.

They say he's a person of interest... but nothing more.

<snip>
By Alexander Freedman | Reporter
Published: March 3, 2010
Updated: March 4, 2010

Pastor Alfred Solomon Jr. says there is no set end to the vigil; they are going to pray as much as necessary. The church also provided food for the meeting.

Fredrick Lassiter, cousin of Jalesa, was at the vigil tonight. He said the family has not received any new information about where Jalesa might be.

not much more here

http://www2.wnct.com/nct/news/local/article/vigil_held_for_the_missing_jelsea_reynolds/115631/

Search Continues

For nearly two weeks, Bernice Reynolds has wondered when her daughter, 18-year-old Jalesa Reynolds, will return home.

Jalesa Reynolds, 18, was last seen at the Scotland Neck Memorial Library around 11 a.m. on Feb. 22.

&#8220;Just whoever have her, just bring her home safely,&#8221; Bernice Reynolds said Thursday.

Investigators said they have since traced Jalesa Reynolds' Internet activity to Cemetery Road. They think she went there after going to the library.

On Monday, police searched a wooded area off Cemetery Road. They plan to search the area again on Friday.

Authorities have declined comment on the case. The State Bureau of Investigation is also involved.

&#8220;People are very unsettled. They are very concerned about her whereabouts,&#8221; Mayor James Mills said Thursday.

Without knowing specifics on the investigation, Mills and town Commissioner Vertia Evans say they are concerned the community could be at risk.

&#8220;We haven&#8217;t heard anything,&#8221; Evans said. &#8220;We need to get to the bottom of this.&#8221;

Snipped from: http://www.wral.com/news/local/story/7167561/

Updated: 8:51 AM Mar 4, 2010
Jalesa Reynolds Is Still Missing, No Arrests In Case
A law enforcement source says there is a person of interest in the teen's disappearance, but no charges have been filed against the man, who is a convicted sex offender.
Posted: 12:36 PM Mar 1, 2010

<snip>

Previous Story:

WITN News has learned that a convicted sex offender lives at a home where deputies say a missing teenager was last seen more than a week ago.

The North Carolina Sex Offender Registry says Dwayne Davis lives at 285 Cemetery Road in Scotland Neck. That's where police say Jalesa Reynolds was last heard from a week ago Monday. Davis served six years of a 15 year sentence from Martin County for second degree rape and was released from prison in 2000.

A law enforcement source tells WITN that Davis is a person of interest in the case.

Police say Reynolds logged onto a social networking site at the home and the homeowner told police she left between 2:00 and 3:00 p.m. that afternoon. Police have seized that computer and have sent it to the SBI in Raleigh to be examined.

When contacted Tuesday afternoon, Scotland Neck Chief Joe Williams wouldn't comment on Davis.

http://www.witn.com/home/headlines/85825382.html

ETA - from same link....I *knew* I'd read this early on

The homeowner told police she left between 2:00 and 3:00 p.m. that afternoon.

Police have seized that computer and have sent it to the SBI in Raleigh to be examined.

Monday's search centered on that home, some nearby woods, a landfill and the Roanoke River.

well, LE said the man who owned the residence was a POI but they didn't name him?
I didn't see his name anywhere in the two news reports I read
don't they usually name POI's?

well, LE said the man who owned the residence was a POI but they didn't name him?
I didn't see his name anywhere in the two news reports I read
don't they usually name POI's?

from my post above, the POI is named

The North Carolina Sex Offender Registry says Dwayne Davis lives at 285 Cemetery Road in Scotland Neck. That's where police say Jalesa Reynolds was last heard from a week ago Monday. Davis served six years of a 15 year sentence from Martin County for second degree rape and was released from prison in 2000.

A law enforcement source tells WITN that Davis is a person of interest in the case.

Please God don't let this story head where I think it's heading.

Missing teen, last seen at home of a RSO..this isn't good. :(

:rose: Praying for Jalesa.

Have there been any reports on how she knew this man?

Praying for her safe return home.. Also hoping that she recieves more news coverage...

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nmdigital
Back