630 users online (65 members and 565 guests)  

Websleuths News

Thumbs up New Porsche Concept Car: 500HP, 198MPH....and 78MPG!!!!!!

Who said green cars canít be mean? Not Porsche. On the eve of the Geneva Auto Show, the Stuttgart-based company took the wraps off the 918 Spyder Concept, a 2-seat mid-engine supercar with hybrid and electric drive technology.

Just how fast is this thing? Well, Porsche says the 918 Spyder Concept hits 100 km/h (62 mph) in less than 3.2 seconds, and it blasts to a top speed of 198 mph. Not only that, it laps the NŁrburgring in less than 7 minutes 30 seconds, which means itís even faster than the hallowed Carrera GT.

Just how green is it? Porsche says that, when driven accordingly, the plug-in hybrid 918 Spyder Concept gets an outstanding 78 mpg, with an emissions level of just 70 grams of C02 per kilometer.

Photos at link:

http://autos.yahoo.com/auto-shows/ge...Spyder-Concept

Follow me on the Twitter! @EricDiesel1972

Deuteronomy 18:10-12 (KJV)

10 There shall not be found among you anyone who makes his son or his daughter pass through the fire, or one who practices witchcraft, or a soothsayer, or one who interprets omens, or a sorcerer, 11 or one who conjures spells, or a medium, or a spiritist, or one who calls up the dead. 12 For all who do these things are an abomination to the Lord. (KJV)

Follow me at my Biblical Blog: http://scripture-demystified.blogspot.com

Baruch ha Shem Adonai.

The really important question is... How many cupholders does it have?

I predict Mr noZ will buy one..... ok with me iif I get to choose the color.

I'm just in awe that they could create a 500hp car that gets 78mpg! That's more than most current hybrids! Yet it's freaking FAST, lol!

10 There shall not be found among you anyone who makes his son or his daughter pass through the fire, or one who practices witchcraft, or a soothsayer, or one who interprets omens, or a sorcerer, 11 or one who conjures spells, or a medium, or a spiritist, or one who calls up the dead. 12 For all who do these things are an abomination to the Lord. (KJV)

Baruch ha Shem Adonai.

oooooooooooooooo ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

Quote Originally Posted by noZme View Post
    I predict Mr noZ will buy one..... ok with me iif I get to choose the color.
    And what color would you choose? I think black or red would look good, although the silver looked nice.

Baruch ha Shem Adonai.

Quote Originally Posted by Dark Knight View Post
    And what color would you choose? I think black or red would look good, although the silver looked nice.

I liked the silver but would choose a custom red, between true red & pomegranite. Or aubergine. Or real dark hunter green..... color shoudn't matter to me, it's not like I would get a key. He knows i would let the dogs ride & spill iced tea.