2 Yr. Old Left at CEC Returned to Family

Solstice Canyon

Reaction score
(Altered slightly to conserve space & BBM.)
"A 2-year-old girl was returned to her father today after she was left behind by family members at a Chuck E. Cheese's Pizza restaurant on Chicago's North Side over the weekend, authorities said.

Chicago police said they won't pursue criminal charges against the child's mother after concluding a misunderstanding led to the girl's abandonment... Restaurant workers found her alone and called police at about 10:30 p.m. Saturday.

The Illinois DCFS said the girl was returned to her father after spending two days in its care, said spokesman Jimmie Whitelow. DCFS continues to investigate the incident, he said.

Police said the misunderstanding resulted after both the girl's mother and an aunt believed the other would take the girl home. ...

It wasn't until Sunday morning when the girl's aunt saw a news Web site displaying a photo of the child and saying that she had been left behind. ...

DCFS had no contact with the family before this weekend's incident, Whitelow said."

Since the family didn't realize she was gone until her picture appeared on the news, I guess it's safe to assume her mom didn't call the aunt to make sure they'd gotten home alright, didn't call to say goodnight to her, check in with them in the morning, etc., huh?

http://www.chicagobreakingnews.com/...e-cheese-returned-to-dad.html?obref=obnetwork

This is a really screwy story and I really do not know what to think. I do not see how this sort of misunderstanding happened.

I think I'll steer clear of Chuck E. Cheese restaurants, although I've been there before years ago when my teens were younger. It seems like CEC is always in the news. Locally, there were several arrests at a CEC when a fight broke out between ADULTS because one woman said a child cut in front of her child, and a man said his child was knocked down by another child. Good grief. I'll keep my kid out, thanks.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mona Lisa
Back