UT - Santaquin couple arrested in abuse of month-old baby

Texas Mist

Retired WS Staff
Reaction score
Published: Tuesday, March 2, 2010 5:24 p.m. MST

SANTAQUIN — A Santaquin couple was arrested Saturday after their child was hospitalized with several broken bones.

The month-old boy suffered a broken arm, broken ribs and a slight fracture to one leg, according to Santaquin police detective Stan Eggen.

He said the parents first claimed the injuries were accidental, but a full body scan revealed injuries that doctors said appeared to be intentional. Eggen said the parents are inexperienced and later admitted that they squeezed the baby too hard after losing their patience.

Jeremy Averett was booked into the Utah County Jail for investigation of child abuse. His wife, Ashley Averett, was booked for investigation of child neglect for allegedly failing to promptly report what had happened. She posted bail on Monday.

http://www.deseretnews.com/article/...uple-arrested-in-abuse-of-month-old-baby.html

===================================

A husband and wife from Santaquin were arrested Saturday after their infant son was taken to the hospital with broken bones and bruises.

According to a police affidavit, Jeremy and Ashley Averett's son was taken to Primary Children's Medical Center in Salt Lake City with several serious injuries. Jeremy Averett allegedly admitted causing the injuries, but he said they were unintentional. Medical personnel, however, reportedly told investigators the injuries could not have been accidental.

Ashley Averett allegedly told police she witnessed her husband inflicting the injuries over the course of several weeks. She did not, however, report the abuse or take steps to protect the child, according to the affidavit. Jeremy Averett was booked into the Utah County Jail on a charge of child abuse, while Ashley Averett was booked on a charge of child neglect.

http://www.heraldextra.com/news/local/article_79e36828-b21c-5566-a138-8428a9648408.html

Please, please Utah -- take this baby away from these azzholes.

How sick & twisted does a *advertiser censored* sapien have to be to do this to a NEWBORN????

she just stood there and did nothing.

awesome.

someone should 'squeeze' these two freaks till they break

Mother. It's a verb, requires action.

It would have been lovely if this woman had realized that.

As for him, I have nothing unbannable to say.

What in the hell is going on? Is this growing?

I love the excuse is "inexperience"!!!!!!! MY 4 year old can tell you that newborn babies are fragile & you must be gentle & squeezing can hurt a baby!!!!!!!
Inexperience my azz!!!!!!!!!!

i dont get why people think its ok to abuse helpless infants/toddlers/kids or to just stand there and watch as someonelse does it. take your frustrations out on a baby? or in the moms case, 'let him blow off steam' i guess.

i dont care how young or inexperienced they were. they are monsters

i dont get why people think its ok to abuse helpless infants/toddlers/kids or to just stand there and watch as someonelse does it. take your frustrations out on a baby? or in the moms case, 'let him blow off steam' i guess.

i dont care how young or inexperienced they were. they are monsters

I so agree. Denial, ignoring, refusal to report any type of abuse against a child or disabled adult should be a crime. Awareness of what abuse is, how you must report it and what will happen if you do not.

I think that also should include people outside of the family as well, the old thinking that "its just not my business" when someone is abused needs to change.

So the abuse takes place over weeks, newborn has broken bones, did no one else on the planet see this child? I can't imagine that a newborn with broken bones appears rested, fed, and comfortable to anyone else on the planet.

I don't get it. If you don't want the kid give them away.
And what is wrong with these women. They cannot be wired correctly.
I would assume any woman here would go postal if you saw someone elses newborn being abused, let alone your own. I didn't like the way someone interacted with my dog and they got booted out the frontdoor, and they certainly didn't squeeze him until his bones broke. I would have been arrested if that happened.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Greer∆
Back