998 users online (204 members and 794 guests)  

Websleuths News

Kobe Bryant accuser hires L Wood

Kobe Bryant accuser hires Ramsey attorney
    Thursday, July 8, 2004

(CNN) -- Citing intense media interest, the woman who has accused NBA star Kobe Bryant of sexually assaulting her has hired the attorney who represented the parents of slain child beauty queen JonBenet Ramsey.

The 20-year-old woman hired Atlanta attorney Lin Wood to "address growing concerns regarding media coverage," her current attorney John Clune said Thursday.

Wood has represented John and Patsy Ramsey, parents of JonBenet Ramsey, and Richard Jewell, the security guard who was initially suspected in a bombing in Atlanta during the 1996 Olympic Games.

Clune said Wood has been retained to address the alleged victim's privacy rights and potential civil litigation related to privacy and media coverage.

The sexual assault case is scheduled to go to trial August 27 in Eagle, Colorado.

http://www.cnn.com/2004/LAW/07/08/br...ser/index.html

Just when I thought Lin Wood was going to disappear. I suppose he needs a new cash cow though, because it doesn't look like Gary Condit is going to get a lot of money. I also think the Ramsey "cash cow" status is just about dried up. I don't think FOX is going to have to pay them anything. With any luck FOX will fight the suit against them to the bitter end, and perhaps the truth about JB's murder will come out.

Well, I guess the NE and The Globe better get their checkbooks out.
    Last edited by tezi; 07-08-2004 at 09:49 PM. Reason: To add an additional comment
    "If at first you don't succeed, skydiving isn't for you!"

The above post is my opinion and my opinion only. Please do not copy and past to other forums. If I wanted to posted on other forums, I would do it myself. Your cooperation is greatly appreciated in this matter.

sad

Kind of sad the victim has to get a nationally known lawyer, even before the case has been tried.
    This is my opinion, and change is good.

Angry

Quote Originally Posted by vicktor
    Kind of sad the victim has to get a nationally known lawyer, even before the case has been tried.
    Well, she should have never made the comment that she was going to get $40 million(or whatever amount in the millions it was) out of Kobe, I guess. She needs a good shakedown artist to get that don't you think? Wonder if Lin is going to brag about the amount of money he is going to make off of her like he did with JBR?

The only reason she hired him is MONEY, not to protect her reputation.
    "If at first you don't succeed, skydiving isn't for you!"

The above post is my opinion and my opinion only. Please do not copy and past to other forums. If I wanted to posted on other forums, I would do it myself. Your cooperation is greatly appreciated in this matter.

Quote Originally Posted by great_tezi
    Well, she should have never made the comment that she was going to get $40 million(or whatever amount in the millions it was) out of Kobe, I guess. She needs a good shakedown artist to get that don't you think? Wonder if Lin is going to brag about the amount of money he is going to make off of her like he did with JBR?

THANK YOU TEZI!!!!!!!!!!!

I couldnt have said it better myself!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    The saints are the sinners who keep trying...

Victim? What victim, did you mean Kobe? As far as I can tell he's the victim in this particular scenario. The irony is that the lawyers representing him in the criminal proceedings are from the same firm the Ramsey's first hired in Boulder.

Hey yourself Thor & Show! Nice to see you gals here.

Quote Originally Posted by Seeker
    The irony is that the lawyers representing him in the criminal proceedings are from the same firm the Ramsey's first hired in Boulder.
    Exactly. I predicted here that Wood would take on Kobe as a client. I had part of it right, anyway.

victim

Quote Originally Posted by great_tezi

The post was not aimed at Lin Wood and his tactics, but for the (accuser)victim. Could you quote the source of the statement about getting (many) millions? I've never heard anything about that. Wood was hired to address the intense media scrutiny, not file a civil suit against Bryant for damages. As reported in the Denver Post in June the girl's mother sent a letter to the presiding judge in the case asking for a speedy trial date. She said the girl was being subjected to harrassment and threats from the public and heavy media coverage.
    This is my opinion, and change is good.

The post was not aimed at Lin Wood and his tactics, but for the (accuser)victim. Could you quote the source of the statement about getting (many) millions? I've never heard anything about that. Wood was hired to address the intense media scrutiny, not file a civil suit against Bryant for damages. As reported in the Denver Post in June the girl's mother sent a letter to the presiding judge in the case asking for a speedy trial date. She said the girl was being subjected to harrassment and threats from the public and heavy media coverage.

Maxim magazine published an article that had interviews w/ the AV's roommate(who could confirm one sucide attempt) as well as three other close friends.They stated that the AV was bragging about getting settlement money (she plans on buying herself and another friend breast implants with said money btw).

If you go to the Kobe thread (located in 'Trials') you will see where I posted the link to this article.

Anyone who hires Lin Wood,imo,is not "on the up and up" as hes NOT a reputable attorney nor does he have the reputation of being one-period.
    The saints are the sinners who keep trying...