OR - Dale Manning for child *advertiser censored*, Eugene, 2010

Missizzy

Reaction score
Here we go again, folks. We have a report of child *advertiser censored* depicting children in
sadistic/masochistic conduct. We have discussed this before and determined that this is not possible as children cannot exhibit masochism. That is in the realm of adult paraphilias. I've written to this reporter to ask for a retraction or correction. I'll keep you posted if I hear anything back. IIRC, a similar case came out of Portland a few weeks ago. We need to do some quick education here. This is much like referring to child rape as sexual relationships. Children do not have the ability nor the right to consent to these actions. The masochism might be feigned or compelled but then it isn't really masochism, is it?

http://www.registerguard.com/csp/cm...-41/manning-child-conduct-attorney-eugene.csp

Eugene man gets 11 years for child *advertiser censored*

A Eugene man was sentenced Tuesday to 11 years in federal prison for possessing and transporting child *advertiser censored*, though his charges included no allegations of actual sexual contact with children.

Dale Wayne Manning, 46, pleaded guilty in October to e-mailing an image of an adult abusing a 5-year-old boy to another man. In the e-mail, Manning falsely claimed that the photo depicted him and his son, and asked the recipient to perform and photograph a sex act with his own son to send to Manning.

Instead, the man re-ported Manning, who has no children, to the FBI.

After obtaining a search warrant for Manning’s home, FBI agents found 138 image files and one video file of children engaged in sexually explicit conduct. Some reportedly showed young children subjected to sadistic and masochistic conduct.

Defense attorney Bryan Lessley called the government’s proposed 11-year sentence disproportionately harsh. He noted that Manning has no previous convictions and said his conduct was “minor league” compared to cases involving far more images and computers as file-sharing servers."

more at link

I would also have to strongly disagree with the term "minor league". There's no such league when it comes to child *advertiser censored* IMO. Ask the child or the child's family.

Thank you Missizzy.
I think the defense attorney (although he sounds like scum, too) made a point that needs to be addressed. Did this guy deserve 11 years? Oh, yes, plus much more. But the only reason that he got 11 years is that the judge didn't consider his crime in comparison to others that have hundreds of thousands of images and multiple trading partners online. This is what we need; the individual crimes being looked at on an individual basis. Not that 11 years was enough, but it is an improvement over the usual less than five years. I'm sure he was a model citizen up until he started collecting/sharing kiddie *advertiser censored* and encouraging others to molest children for his entertainment. I don't particularly care if he helped elderly widows across the street and volunteered to clothe the homeless. The child *advertiser censored* negates any good and has to stand alone. At least the judge did that.

Here we go again, folks. We have a report of child *advertiser censored* depicting children in
sadistic/masochistic conduct. We have discussed this before and determined that this is not possible as children cannot exhibit masochism. That is in the realm of adult paraphilias. I've written to this reporter to ask for a retraction or correction. I'll keep you posted if I hear anything back. IIRC, a similar case came out of Portland a few weeks ago. We need to do some quick education here. This is much like referring to child rape as sexual relationships. Children do not have the ability nor the right to consent to these actions. The masochism might be feigned or compelled but then it isn't really masochism, is it?

I couldn't agree more. I can't stand it when the media reports that so and so "had sex" with a child. It's not sex. It's RAPE!!!!!!

This guy needs to have his pe*n*s chopped off and shoved down his throat. :furious:

I agree with all about the reporter's unfortunate choice of words in this article. I will say that generally if you call it to the attention of the reporter - they generally will fix the error. The reporter should have called this the torture that it is.

The minor league comment is just sorry! There is no minor league in child *advertiser censored*, just as MissIzzy says.

And yes - I too am glad this got more than 5 years! I don't think 11 years is long enough. I think there should have been special circumstances added because he encouraged another to engage in child rape and *advertiser censored* - should have been worth LIFE in my opinion.

Prayers for all the children in the photos - may they all find freedom from this abuse and the help they need to overcome the trauma.

Salem

11 yrs is hardly enough time. :(
Thank u for posting thread & link.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member