'Extra Small' Condoms for 12-Year-Old Boys Go on Sale

tk71texas

wth is wrong with people today
Reaction score
A leading condom manufacturer in Switzerland has created extra-small condoms for boys as young as 12 years old, the U.K.’s Daily Telegraph reported.

The condom, called the Hotshot, was produced after family planning groups and the Swiss AIDS Federation campaigned to have the condoms made following several studies that showed adolescent boys were not using proper protection when engaging in intercourse.

foxnews

wtf????? :banghead:

the only thing that surprises me is the u.s didnt think of it first

Part of me is thinking "well, better to be safe than sorry..." but the rest of me is screaming "WHAT ARE THEY THINKING?!" They don't have to market them to young boys...they could just make extra small condoms for anyone that needs them. LOL
Lord, what kind of craziness will they come up with next??

what?????

I just can't believe this. CRAZY!

Part of me is thinking "well, better to be safe than sorry..." but the rest of me is screaming "WHAT ARE THEY THINKING?!" They don't have to market them to young boys...they could just make extra small condoms for anyone that needs them. LOL
Lord, what kind of craziness will they come up with next??

I agree. I know there are adult men out there that could use extra small condoms. Maybe that's who they're really meant for, but embarassment is causing them to say it's for young boys?? Okay, wishful thinking.

The only thing I object to here is the damage done to the self esteem of the man bying it for himself.

Some 12 year olds have sex. SOme 12 year old girls are already having periods. Therefore, it is possible that a sexually active 12 year old, even with a partner their own age, could conceive. I'll leave this up to researchers to confirm, bt I'm pretty sure that for most 12 year olds, a standard condom would not fit correctly. So market them where they are needed. I'm all for it. What's the issue?

Sorry, no self respecting 12 year old is going to buy an XS condom. I mean really....

i doubt any self respecting adult will either.

'excuse me, where is the 'jr' section of the condom aisle?'

i doubt any self respecting adult will either.

'excuse me, where is the 'jr' section of the condom aisle?'

That is why there is self checkout. For all those embarassing purchases. :)

While I HATE this, I teach seventh graders--many of whom are 12. Currently, they are using Saran Wrap and a rubber band. I kid you not.

While I HATE this, I teach seventh graders--many of whom are 12. Currently, they are using Saran Wrap and a rubber band. I kid you not.

I am over fifty and I remember my peers doing this....

I don't see the problem either.

What was that website again? Just for research, of course.

That is why there is self checkout. For all those embarassing purchases. :)

Remember the old joke about the hubby shopping for wifey? "Price check on super-duper tampons, please.":blushing:

I have absolutely no personal experience with condoms, but isn't a proper "fit" vital to the effectiveness? I say size them like pantyhose so everyone can purchase the correct fit..... Oh my! I just got a mental picture of the sizing graph on the back of the package.

Saran wrap .... geez!

My sympathy to Mrs .

They have been available in different sizes for some time.

Dark Knight ---> http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v468//Mildy%20Offensive/106962.jpg <---

And when did you compare?

Don't they already have the smaller sized condoms available anyway ? They call them 'super snug fit' or something, rather than X-small to prevent the ego issue for those with smaller appendages.

The fact that kids are using saran wrap and rubber bands shows they WANT to use precautions. Thats a good thing.
I think the problem lies more with the embarasment of purchasing condoms, or not having the money to buy them.

Can't tell you how proud hubby was once when he bought a different brand of condom and it was too small. It's the only time he's been happy about not being able to get some action.:dance:

Dark Knight ---> http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v468//Mildy%20Offensive/106962.jpg <---

Not looking, not looking, LLLLLAAAAALLLLAAALLLAAAAA

And when did you compare?

Hope this does not offend you, In da Middle, but your user name + picture is too funny.....lol

they (teen boys) might like the name Hot Shot and chances are they might now know they are XS :)
If they have a cool name and a cool package, they will buy them (is that from Field of Dreams...)

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vigilandy
Back