669 users online (85 members and 584 guests)  

Websleuths News

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

DC - Eileen Kelly, 18, Washington DC, 14 Dec 1974

Eileen Kelly, 18 years old, disappeared on 14 December 1974. Nine days later, on 22 December 1974, her body was found in the 17 block of R Street Northeast, Washington DC.

The Coroner stated that she had been dead between 24 and 36 hours when she was found. This would mean that someone had held her captive for several days prior to her murder.

Eileen's killer has never been identified and the case is unsolved. The case is under investigation by the Metropolitan Police.

If you have any information concerning this case, please call:

Detective James Trainum 202-727-5037

Or the Metropolitan Police Operations Center at 202-727-9099

Or e-mail them at: unsolved.murder@dc.gov

Source:

District of Columbia: Metropolitan Police Department

LINK:

http://mpdc.dc.gov/mpdc/frames.asp?d...pdf&group=1533

TV4 News story 4 March 2010...

Cold Case: Eileen Kelly

Joe Krebs Reporting

It has been 35 years since 18 year old Eileen Kelly disppeared. She was eventually found dead. Police can use your help in solving the case.

The below link is to a News4 (NBC TV in Washington DC) story which aired on March 4, 2010.

LINK:

http://www.nbcwashington.com/news/lo...ington_DC.html
    Last edited by Richard; 03-04-2010 at 07:50 PM.

Possible connected cases?

I wonder if this case might be connected with a series of disappearances (probable abduction cases) which occurred in Maryland and Pennsylvania in 1975? See featured case on the missing Lyon Sisters for more details.

http://www.washingtonexaminer.com/lo...104180543.html

October 1, 2010

Authorities are looking into the possibility she knew her killer and that her death was the result of consensual sex gone wrong.
    More at link.

So I wonder if the perpetrater was a boyfriend or someone she dated? Also, when they say "consensual sex gone wrong", what does that mean? Startin with consent, then something changes, or that at one time she had consensual sexual relations, but this time she had no choice? Am I the only one confused by this statement?

Quote Originally Posted by SunnieRN View Post
    So I wonder if the perpetrater was a boyfriend or someone she dated? Also, when they say "consensual sex gone wrong", what does that mean? Startin with consent, then something changes, or that at one time she had consensual sexual relations, but this time she had no choice? Am I the only one confused by this statement?
    Was there a cause of death released? I know it was a long time ago and we've only recently begun hearing about autoerotic asphyxiation (sp), but that may be what they're alluding to. I know of a person who enjoys being choked almost to the point of losing conciousness during intercourse. Really freaked out the guy I knew who dated her. He'd never heard of anything like that. I'm not saying that's what happened, but it's my only thought off the top of my head.
    "Iím gonna miss that smile
    Iím gonna miss you my friend
    Even though it hurts the way it ended up
    Iíd do it all again
    So play it sweet in heaven
    ĎCause thatís right where you wana be
    Iím not crying because I feel so sorry for you
    Iím crying for me"

~ Toby Keith, Cryin' for Me/Wayman's Song

I have a couple of thoughts on the latest article.

First, rape does not always produce physical trauma in the victim. She may have thought that cooperation would keep her alive.

Second, if someone were to admit that they had consensual sex, then, well, it would be a move forward, wouldn't it?

Even if she enjoyed autoerotic asphyxiation, there is still the question of the number of days she was missing prior to her body being found. I hope they will find answers, for her friends and family.

Thirty Six years ago...

This month marks 36 years since Eileen Kelly went missing and was found dead. Her murder is still unsolved.

Eileen Kelly has was murdered almost 38 years ago. No one has been identified as a suspect and the case remains unsolved.

I wonder if the murder of this 18 year-old girl might be related to the disappearance of Sheila and Katherine Lyon of Wheaton, Maryland on 25 March 1975 - only three months later.

It might also be related to the murder of Kathy Lynn Beatty in Aspen Hill, MD in July of 1975.

Bumping case up. This month marks 39 years since Eileen Kelly was murdered.

This map shows where Eileen's body was found.

http://www.communitywalk.com/dc_anc_...des#00044E6%3C
    PODCAST ROW

WEBSLEUTHS ON FACEBOOK

Still hopeful the truth will be known, will never stop searching.

I had just started working as a secretary at the Justice Department in 1974 (where Eileen also worked). I remember seeing fliers posted on the doors when she was missing. They also had someone come and talk to the female employees about safety and self-defense. I still remember some of things he told us. This one really hit home for me and my co-workers. We felt it really could have been any one of us. I hope for the sake of her family, if not the rest of the community, that LE is able to solve this case.
    We may have all come on different ships, but we're in the same boat now ~ Martin Luther King Jr.

Eileen Kelly was murdered 39 years ago. Only a few months later, in March 1975, one of the most publicized cases began - that of the missing Lyon sisters from Kensington, MD. In July, another young girl, Kathleen Beatty was murdered in Wheaton, MD. Could these cases be connected?

Unfortunately many of the links in this thread have expired. Does anyone have a good case summary or a good link to include here? The one below works, but does not have a lot of information about Eileen's case.

http://www.communitywalk.com/dc_anc_...des#00044E6%3C

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast